1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by cactisplant

1. cactisplant
    cactisplant
    Please explain
    I didn't want to PMO, had no intention. I mindlessly was browsing reddit and other forums, trying to understand how hacking works. I couldn't stop browsing even though I need to get work done. When I spent whole day trying to replace PMO with another mindless activity I lost it and decided it was better I PMOd and stop this stupid "research". Is what I went through normal?
    Aug 24, 2019
  2. Kvothe The Bloodless
    Kvothe The Bloodless
    Ok so, sounds like you procrastinated getting work done via mindless browsing on a subject you didn't need to be researching at the time. This, coupled with the fact you were on a laptop is a massive trigger i.e. "fuck it lets just pmo". Your brain is in a perfect position to convince you to PMO in this scenario...
    Aug 24, 2019
    Coffee Candy and cactisplant like this.
  3. Kvothe The Bloodless
    Kvothe The Bloodless
    Think of it as a suicidal person who is drunk and thinking about ending it all, your scenario was similar to giving the drunk suicidal guy a loaded gun. It was the perfect storm to carry out the task. Where as if the gun wasn't in the picture, he might have walked away from it etc. A dark analogy but you get the idea. I think you need a technology break for the first few stages of NoFap. Just my unsolicited advice.
    Aug 24, 2019
    Coffee Candy and cactisplant like this.
  4. cactisplant
    cactisplant
    Thank you Kvothe! I spend almost the entire that with my laptop/gadgets for work and leisure. I need to put the gun away when I'm not working or maybe work only with company so I don't harm myself. Thank you so much for that dark but brilliant analogy!
    Aug 24, 2019
  5. Kvothe The Bloodless
    Kvothe The Bloodless
    So my work is mostly on a laptop as well. I've had to put a technology ban on myself, except for working hours. For those working hours, I'm literally on a work laptop so I can't use that to research risky material. Unethical and down right unprofessional, so that helps. Having a high speed internet connection and a browser at the ready, is the loaded gun.
    Aug 24, 2019
  6. cactisplant
    cactisplant
    Good strategy!
    Im glad I could speak about this to someone who has been through the same and understands..thanks buddy :)
    Aug 24, 2019