1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Deleted Account

1. letter
    letter
    Thx dude. This avatar means so much to me.

It’s the antidote to every time I’ve relapsed on my previous month’s long streaks. I’m aiming to break out this time. ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

How you doing?
    Aug 26, 2019
  2. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    The month mark is a tough one but You can do it!
    I am doing ok. Could be better in the PMO aspect but my birthday is in a week and I plan on going all year without it haha. It has to be done.
    Aug 27, 2019
  3. letter
    letter
    I’ve found that having a purpose will propel me through the tougher parts of the mental warfare. I was usually defeated because I was trying to reach a goal for the sake of reaching a goal — kicking the habit because I knew it was the right thing to do.

And that wasn’t enough for me. It was empty striving.
    Aug 27, 2019
  4. letter
    letter
    I found my purpose 23 days ago. It has helped me employ all the strategies I knew to overcome. I’m actually on day 27 or 28, but I set my counter to the moment I found my purpose to do this as a reminder of that moment of salient clarity.

I’ve always had it in me to overcome this, but I had a wounded spirit. PMO was always a symptom of a much deeper issue. I had the strength but couldn’t find the will to use it.
    Aug 27, 2019
  5. letter
    letter
    So, in your upcoming year, from what I now know and understand...I hope you don’t mind me asking you this.

What is your purpose? What is your reason beyond reason to say “no more!” when it gets really difficult?

If you have one already, would you share it with me? :)

If you don’t, I pray that you will find it _/\_
    Aug 27, 2019
  6. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Thank you. That is very important and I don't give it enough thought. initially it was to get a girl and gain muscle but that wasn't the real problem. Recently, I found that PMO keeps me from loving all people. My purpose this next year is to love those around me and invite them into my space. To be someone of integrity with nothing to hide. Being comfortable with myself so I can extend that comfort to others.
    Aug 27, 2019
    Deadpool98, White Sheep and letter like this.
  7. letter
    letter
    Your words strike me as a person who values warmth, connection and hospitality. One who puts the needs of others in front of their own, who feeds others and nourishes themselves on the happiness they cultivate around them.

If those things are what resonate with you and you desire to be that kind of person, for sure, these reasons will help you stay away from PMO if you keep them ablaze in your heart.
    Aug 28, 2019
  8. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I deleted my phone game that I spent too much time on. Then bought two audio books. One on finance and one on dating. They both said that purpose is the main thing that creates healthy dating life and financial life. By focusing on my purpose the rest of it will fall into place. Thank you friend for this thoughtful response. It has really helped me.
    Aug 28, 2019
  9. letter
    letter
    Hehehe. You're getting blasted with purpose from all angles now!

You can't miss it n_n
    Aug 29, 2019
  10. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I know, its great ^_^
    Aug 31, 2019
    Deadpool98, letter and White Sheep like this.