Comments on Profile Post by Augie

1. letter
    letter
    Love changes that, it makes you okay with everything you aren’t. Keep going, my friend, you will get there.
    Sep 25, 2019
  2. Augie
    Augie
    I so want to be okay with everything I’m not. That would be amazing.
    Sep 28, 2019
    IbrahimViking and letter like this.
  3. letter
    letter
    I can't say I'm fully there, but I can say the journey has been so beautiful.

I think it was because it wasn't something I could do for myself. All I could do was accept love, everything else I tried to do to attain this thing just brought me further from it. When I learned to open my heart and let love reach the places I had been hiding...

It really changed so much.
    Sep 29, 2019
    Augie likes this.
  4. letter
    letter
    I don't know you well @Augie but I can see a sincerity in you that comes through in a lot of what you've written.

I really like that. It makes your words kind of special to read. Thanks for sharing that with us all :)
    Sep 29, 2019
    Augie likes this.
  5. Augie
    Augie
    My ideal life would be to love unconditionally and to do this not only towards others but myself as well. At the same time I’m weighed down by my limitation and inability to be the source of such a love. The realization that, that type of sacrificial love is, in a way, supernatural.
    Sep 29, 2019
    letter likes this.
  6. letter
    letter
    Indeed, it is one part abiding with the One who is love.

There is that famous verse, "Be still and know that I am God" (Ps 46:10). I recently learned that may be a poor translation, as the hebrew word "raphah" which is translated as "Be still" is much richer in complexity than those words in English convey.

Closer may be... "Let go and know that I am God"
    Sep 29, 2019
    Augie likes this.
  7. letter
    letter
    Which goes right into how you say this kind of love is a supernatural thing. I agree, 100%. It is something we cannot produce in ourselves. We have to let go of trying, of striving, and trust for God to fill us with love and the knowledge of His love.
    Sep 29, 2019
    Augie likes this.
  8. letter
    letter
    I've seen that happen through my circumstances, I've seen it in my dreams. I see Him now speak to me through the people who also bear His love for me. As I've let go and opened my heart, I see more and more and more love.

As I am filled with it, I have something good to give.

So much of what people thank me for around here isn't even me :')
    Sep 29, 2019
    Augie likes this.
  9. IbrahimViking
    IbrahimViking
    Unconditional love starts with being okay with NOT being okay with the stuff you don't like.
    And, Love - Love with the capital L, may look sacrificial from the outside, but is never experienced thus. Sacrifice is a form of attack.
    Oct 2, 2019
    Coffee Candy likes this.