1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Tiger1

1. letter
    letter
    I find hardmode easier. You’re teaching yourself that you can find happiness without PMO. You might fail many times, but when you begin to grasp that...it’s awesome.

Then you start learning how miserable PMO made you. You find out how its allure was just an empty siren’s call. You learn to not want i, not need it.
    Sep 27, 2019
  2. Tiger1
    Tiger1
    @letter I've always done hardmode or aka quit everything "cold turkey" and the first few days I feel happy and what not...but for whatever reason between 8-11days I start getting depressed which I then go back to p...is their anyway to bypass the depression?
    Sep 28, 2019
  3. letter
    letter
    It sounds like you believe that depression is part of the reboot process. Ofc, this can happen, but it isn't always the case.

Let me put it to you another way...what if PMO was a symptom of an underlying depression that surfaces when the crutch you have been using to hold yourself up is gone?
    Sep 28, 2019
  4. letter
    letter
    I'm inclined to believe the latter is the case, especially if it a long-established pattern. If I am right, taking steps to deal with whatever has caused this depression will make your reboot far easier.
    Sep 28, 2019
  5. letter
    letter
    I'm not talking about medications, but thoughts, beliefs, feelings, mindsets, etc. I believe medications are a crutch too (sometimes necessary) and that the best long term treatment is to deal with the underlying issues in our hearts & souls that make us feel that way in the first place.
    Sep 28, 2019
  6. letter
    letter
    So, my friend, let me ask you this...who broke your heart?
    Sep 28, 2019
  7. letter
    letter
    If I'm wrong, please say so :)

But man, these are the kinds of conversations you need to have. You gotta go deep.
    Sep 28, 2019
  8. Tiger1
    Tiger1
    Sorry for the delayment of response was busy... To answer your question of who broke my heart?
    Sep 29, 2019
  9. Tiger1
    Tiger1
    @letter It was ME :( I'm the one that turned to PMO when I was home by myself, I'm the one that turned to PMO whenever I was angry, stressed, depressed, it was me that turned to PMO instead of hanging out with my family on multiple occasions, it was me that turned to PMO for comfort, it was me that turned to PMO when I was in pain and I need to focus on something else,
    Sep 29, 2019
  10. Tiger1
    Tiger1
    it was me that turned to PMO when I was in pain and I need to focus on something else, it was me that got myself addicted to this crap,
    Sep 29, 2019
  11. Tiger1
    Tiger1
    it was me that kept me away from having a relationship with somebody and getting married and having kids, it was me that turned to PMO to get God's attention in a negative way, it was me.that turned to PMO to make me.feel.good about myself instead of thinking negative.........IT WAS ME THAT KILLED ME.
    Sep 29, 2019
  12. letter
    letter
    It wasn't your fault, Tigerone. You hear me? It wasn't your fault.
    Sep 29, 2019
  13. letter
    letter
    Did you create the internet? Did you raise yourself from the time you were a baby, creating this person who would be vulnerable to wanting to look at P?

It's not your fault.
    Sep 29, 2019
  14. Tiger1
    Tiger1
    Whoese fault was it? Wasn't it I that me made those desicisions even though I know they were suffocating the truth of the matter?
    Sep 29, 2019
  15. letter
    letter
    If I had a son, I'd fill all his days with love and make sure his little heart has everything it needs so that it would be strong against the lure of P. Did you have that? I'm not saying your parents were bad, but weaknesses in our parents get passed along to us when we are still children.

It's not your fault.
    Sep 29, 2019
  16. letter
    letter
    You made have made some wrong choices. But you are not a wrong person. You've got a whole picture of why things came to be the way they were. You are trying your best to get better.

It's not your fault. Be fair to yourself.
    Sep 29, 2019
    White Sheep and Tiger1 like this.
  17. letter
    letter
    That's the thing man. It's no one's fault. You can't hold onto blame and expect to get better :)

Look at where blaming yourself has got you. It's gotten you depressed. It's time to try something different, yah?
    Sep 29, 2019
  18. letter
    letter
    No matter what happened, here you are today trying to make it right.

Man, that counts for something. It tells me you didn't want to do these things. You may have been overwhelmed by the desire at the time...but your heart of hearts did not want that. Living true to that is something hardly anyone does anymore.

It's difficult. You're brave for even trying.
    Sep 29, 2019
  19. letter
    letter
    All of what you said has not convinced me that you are to blame.

I know what this stuff is man. It's not your fault. We make mistakes. Let them just be mistakes. Remember the lesson it taught you. Love yourself, love others. Find something real to hold onto in your heart.
    Sep 29, 2019
  20. letter
    letter
    I don't even know you well and I can say these kinds of things about you. What if I really knew you? How many more good and kind things will I find inside you if we became good friends?

Don't blame that guy who is still good and wants to be his best. It's a tough world we live in. It's not your fault. I'm saying that to you because I really believe it.
    Sep 29, 2019