1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by letter

1. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I like this.
    Oct 14, 2019
  2. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Likewise!
    Oct 14, 2019
  3. letter
    letter
    ...I like you guys :)
    Oct 14, 2019
  4. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    I LOVE this! This is beautiful and connects us with our marvelous words and our hopes of creating beautiful prose. :D
    Oct 14, 2019
  5. letter
    letter
    How do you see this doing that, Sir Writer? :)
    Oct 14, 2019
    Ank07, swordsman163, Eeva and 7 others like this.
  6. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    Through blessings and word documents- through our letters and words and snowy wintery nights that will bring us together even when we are hundreds of miles apart. That is how I see us doing that. c:
    Oct 14, 2019
  7. letter
    letter
    Help me with something? I'm just not making the connection with that and choosing reality over fiction?
    Oct 14, 2019
    Ank07, swordsman163, Eeva and 6 others like this.
  8. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    Of course. You are the teacher and I, the eager student. How your Socratic method has made me rethink everything and see how the true crown of wisdom is with God's blessings on your head. You always open my eyes and make see new questions, such as the ones above, that I never thought of in my initial answer.
    Oct 14, 2019
  9. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    Choosing reality leads you to so much more than what a fictional world does in the scope of our lives. While creating worlds is beautiful, it does not help us maintain our reality and see how we need to be in this realm to be with God.
    Oct 14, 2019
  10. letter
    letter
    Hmm...you've given me a thought...

Because some of writing is fiction, the statement of my status could appear to contradict the work of authors of fiction. Especially when I consider the intent I wrote this status with, the act of creating a fictional world for a story seems so opposite to what I'm saying here.
    Oct 14, 2019
  11. letter
    letter
    Yet this cannot be the case, otherwise, all authors of fiction would be very delusional.

Hmm...maybe it is that the more real the fiction, the better it is? And fiction is a great way to reach those who still live in their own fictions, and by wrapping reality in a metaphor, the truth can be known to those who don't yet want to see it...
    Oct 14, 2019
  12. letter
    letter
    Maybe fiction is a tool an author can use to better paint their own struggle with reality, and be honest about themselves in a way they cannot otherwise express...?

Because for many of us, part of accepting our reality is admitting that we've held fictions in our hearts. What better way to admit that than by writing an honest fiction?
    Oct 14, 2019
  13. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    You truly blow my mind away.

You are right. The more realistic the fiction, the better it is. If we contradict all authors of fictions, then we are left with no authors of fiction that would not be delusional. Fiction is such a powerful tool since, as you said, it can be used to reach those within their separate worlds and allow them to send the truth of reality that we are wanting to send forth to them.
    Oct 14, 2019
  14. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    Fiction is a tool to paint our struggles. I use fiction to showcase how hard it is to be mentally ill and how sometimes, I feel like I have gone mad. I use my experiences to show how hard it is to cope with reality when one is plagued with struggles of the psychological realm.
    Oct 14, 2019
  15. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    You are also right when you say that when we see the fictions that are in our hearts and that using that acceptance of fact helps us write the honest fiction we desire to create and share with the rest of humanity. I love how we are diving philosophically into the concept of fiction and reality and how they both lead our hearts on their respected strings.
    Oct 14, 2019
  16. White Sheep
    White Sheep
    Baam!!! Right to the heart... :O
    Oct 14, 2019
  17. letter
    letter
    Yeah, Sir Writer, embracing reality is difficult. The things we have to become to do that are not easy, but they are real :)

It’s better to grow in reality, even if it is painful. Eventually we grow strong enough to stand on our own apart from the fictions we used to make ourselves feel okay.
    Oct 15, 2019
  18. letter
    letter
    Your heart is incredible, Ms. Sheeps, to have seen these words :)

Some may only see these words with their minds :o
    Oct 15, 2019
  19. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    *Here are some chocolate cookies for the people scrolling through to like everything they see!*
    Oct 15, 2019
  20. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    It is difficult, O letter, but it can be done once when we understand that the pain of it can also lead to such glorious beauty unlike anything else we have ever seen. When we separate the two, then we know that it is real. c:
    Oct 15, 2019