1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by letter

1. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    oooh! very deep, not sure if I fully comprehend it (or can one even fully comprehend a thing?)!
    Nov 25, 2019
  2. letter
    letter
    There is always something more to learn & discover. All we know teaches us about how many things we don't, eh?

What do these words mean to you? :)
    Nov 25, 2019
  3. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    It reminds me of something along the lines of a kid on a seashore finding shells and marvelling at them, all the while being conscious of the immenseness of the unfathomed sea, and aware of his own mortality. Search for knowledge is not the end all be all and there is more to it...
    Nov 25, 2019
  4. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I can't exactly recall the great person from whom I picked up this kid on a seashore image. But it has always fascinated me to no ends.
    Nov 25, 2019
  5. letter
    letter
    Oooh, I like that.

And as the seashell and the sea are two pieces of the same thing, I wonder if they kid wondered if they too are like that seashell & the sea.

But I was referring to the words of beauty :) my mistake for not being specific, my gain that you offered this beautiful thought.
    Nov 25, 2019
  6. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    lol, I totally lost the thread... XD

Idk, it makes me realize that the perspective I have is going to affect the way I see the world very-very heavily. Hence, it's best if a person forms a positive and constructive outlook to enjoy and profit from the riches that this beautiful world can offer to us.
    Nov 25, 2019
  7. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    It's all there, all we need is to use the proper lens to realize it. It's kinda wishful thinking too. But, on the whole, it's a good thing to live by, compared to the other way around. I am not totally convinced though.
    Nov 25, 2019
  8. letter
    letter
    I think you found the thread, just in a different way.

Any kid can look at a seashell and see just a seashell, but to see through the seashell and see the sea, then past those things into themselves and what that means.

We may be little beings with very limited knowledge, but we can wonder and imagine because we are filled with life.
    Nov 25, 2019
  9. letter
    letter
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." — Einstein

Beauty inspires imagination :)
    Nov 25, 2019