Comments on Profile Post by letter

1. prettyboichad
    prettyboichad
    You're right my good sir. The recipe for success is simple ~ Get up once more. <3
    Nov 30, 2019
  2. prettyboichad
    prettyboichad
    Oh my G A W D! You're reached 120 days!! Yippie!!
    Nov 30, 2019
  3. letter
    letter
    Every failure just brings us one step closer <3

Thanks for celebrating this with me n_n
    Nov 30, 2019
  4. Muphy
    Muphy
    I disagree. Only a selfish person needs to succeed once bec he don't care what others will say.
    Other people have to succeed twice but for the first one people will call it just a stroke of luck and you need to succeed again to prove them wrong.
    A selfish person is unconcerned about what others say.
    I like being selfish
    Dec 1, 2019
  5. letter
    letter
    But can you call that thing success if it has taught you to be selfish and unconcerned for what others will say? What kind of success is that? What would you have succeeded in?
    Dec 1, 2019
  6. Muphy
    Muphy
    I didn't mean you become selfish in all aspects of life. What i mean is once should become unconcerned about what people will say. Your success is yours alone. One should not be living on people's opinion that what success is.
    Dec 1, 2019
  7. letter
    letter
    I agree! Kind of! :)

Hmm, it's a little tricky to explain but I believe it is possible to be unselfish in this aspect while keeping yourself unharmed from other's disparaging opinions.

I believe you are right in that we need to have our own measure of success that does not exist in other people's eyes, otherwise we'd be giving power over ourselves to them. (at least in some small manner)
    Dec 2, 2019
  8. letter
    letter
    But I also believe this kind of thing can make us cold & distant if we implement it in a way that closes us off from people. It's also dangerous. What if someone had a good point that we don't hear because we dismiss them?
    Dec 2, 2019
  9. Halpherisdusfrey
    Halpherisdusfrey
    Yeah. Living in hatred for a long time makes me can't believe the good, i can't believe in anyone, in good people, a really few good one that i equate them to the superficial ones crossing my life. So i act just like they're just like the others and that somehow makes them hurt.
    Dec 12, 2019
  10. Halpherisdusfrey
    Halpherisdusfrey
    It takes us time and experiences, good times and bad times together to really identify anyone as a good or bad person for us. Sorting people is that hard.
    Dec 12, 2019
  11. Halpherisdusfrey
    Halpherisdusfrey
    Come to this point where i am myself, but a lot of bad memories stays, they never go anywhere and that's make who i am today. So i dismiss not just bad people, but also good ones cause i never and couldn't trust anyone again. Just a sad truth but some talks between people can partly solve it.
    Dec 12, 2019
    | Nico |, |DEKU| and fg4795 like this.