1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice
zilean
Last Activity:
Sep 22, 2023
Manage Groups:
Birthday:
Aug 21, 1996 (Age: 27)

Share This Page

zilean

Fapstronaut, Male, 27, from Texas

Nothing like being on the front line of a life coming to Jesus to remind you about your purpose. Ty Lord for letting me be a part of it! Jun 24, 2023

zilean was last seen:
Sep 22, 2023
    1. zilean
      zilean
      Nothing like being on the front line of a life coming to Jesus to remind you about your purpose. Ty Lord for letting me be a part of it!
    2. zilean
      zilean
      a good day with meaningful connections, recovery group dinner, and realized wisdom from the Lord for a challenging scenario
    3. zilean
      zilean
      striving to win the battle
      1. SilentWolfSong likes this.
    4. zilean
      zilean
      Finished a stressful weekend work event. Slowing down today to reflect on how I could've done better. Also finding myself again. Kept clean!
      1. willpower2020 likes this.
    5. zilean
      zilean
      Working step by step, Day 6 out of 7.
      1. from2003 likes this.
      2. from2003
        from2003
        Great
        Nov 4, 2022
    6. zilean
      zilean
      consciously made it to day 7 of 14!
      1. bellator de Christi likes this.
      2. bellator de Christi
        bellator de Christi
        Halfway there. Keep it up.
        Oct 1, 2021
    7. zilean
      zilean
      On day 3 of recovery. This time I’m setting a goal of 14 days; a step I seem to have missed before. =/
    8. zilean
      zilean
      Two roads diverge in a yellow wood... I stopped here to look, I want to take the one He took
    9. zilean
      zilean
      Been enjoying staying over with friends! Limited urges. My schedule has been purposeful. Maybe boredom is a driver for my PMOs
      1. keybladewielder likes this.
    10. zilean
      zilean
      successfully disengaged that temptation! Reading your own wise words in your journal really gives you a certain something
      1. Ahmed_199, Mr. Crab and eagle rising like this.
    11. Deleted Account
      Deleted Account
      How good are ya on league?
      1. zilean
        zilean
        I main support; at the mercy of the machine, i never made it out of silver
        Mar 28, 2021
      2. Deleted Account
        Deleted Account
        That's unfortunate to hear. bruv.
        Mar 28, 2021
    12. zilean
      zilean
      Church was awesome and refreshing & got to meet with and interact with people
      1. IWantToBreakFree123 likes this.
    13. zilean
      zilean
      Getting ready to go to church. First time in a long time
    14. zilean
      zilean
      who do you tell when you have gone beyond the "normal" rabbit trail? at this point, i think i need some counseling
    15. zilean
      zilean
      Let's be done with this junk
    16. zilean
      zilean
      I took a quick scroll in an adult toy section of an online store. Got out and set it down, no further action. Luckily no nudes or suggestion
    17. zilean
      zilean
      Hey, completed day 6! Engaging with God’s word in the morning is really helping. Also, not starting the day with YouTube or news
    18. zilean
      zilean
      Feeling it's time for another media fast to get over day 6. Apartment hunting is anxiety inducing
      1. Deleted Account
        Deleted Account
        Why don't you delete all this social media bullshit?
        Apr 29, 2020
        Coffee Candy, fg4795, zilean and 3 others like this.
      2. zilean
        zilean
        Ah, yes, I’m like media in the all inclusive sense of the word: YouTube, Netflix,internet. Just looking for an offline day.

I’m only Facebook, and I keep it pretty tight on my friends list, I like my feed, no triggers. It’s the other sites that I gotta be careful
        Apr 29, 2020
    19. zilean
      zilean
      Pretty urging getting closer to bed. But I'd rather sleep than stay up to try something. Night!
      1. Deleted Account
        Deleted Account
        Be careful of night time bud. That's where it's the most complicated to deal with the urges, so keep your guard up!
        Apr 28, 2020
      2. zilean
        zilean
        Chose to go to sleep, not giving in. Slept well.
        Apr 28, 2020
        | Nico | and Deleted Account like this.
    20. zilean
      zilean
      Caught myself “surfin” testing to find a trap to step into. Not today satan! Gonna limit internet today for another detox. Find a book!
      1. Deleted Account
        Deleted Account
        Not today - Tiger uppercut!
        Apr 27, 2020
        Deleted Account likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Aug 21, 1996 (Age: 27)
    Journal Thread Link:
    View my Journal
    It began in 5th or 6th grade, about age 11-12 and has followed me many many years till now at age 25.

I grew up in a Christian home without father, who left before i was born. I found the Lord at a young age at 6 and committed my life to Christ, and loved to follow him.

Once this shackle attached itself to me, I was truly serving two masters. I desired all my life to be freed from this hinderance. I faithfully continue walking with the Lord to this day, but the reality of what that means only began to start hitting.

Self Control. I have thought that I had been exhibiting this fruit of the spirit, i was easily angered as a kid when an injustice was done to me in a game, but grew out of that stage. But it has been in these past couple of years that I realized that I lack self-control in denying my self the temporal pleasures of PMO and choosing life that can be had abundantly.

For a while I was focused on modifying my behavior while neglecting the heart and reason for these things. My anxiety to engage with girls after being told not to have a girlfriend till I graduate college. My longing to be in an intitmate relationship with another while my friends all began to move that direction (as much a middle schooler could do). Wishing I could just be held by someone.

And so, I begin my documented NoFap Journey on April 14, 2020 to have daily checkins and just have a place to write out what I have been feeling and the healing that can come.

Signature

[​IMG]