Comments on Profile Post by TheOneRingBoromir

1. TheOneRingBoromir
    TheOneRingBoromir
    There were so many storylines that didn't get the time to breath as needed. They had to be wrapped up in one movie. That made them way to shortened and rapid. The movie is excellent, but the character growth comes to fast.
    May 9, 2020
  2. TheOneRingBoromir
    TheOneRingBoromir
    If it had a couple of more seasons I think we would've seen a lot of good stories come to fruition. The movie had all the characters, but some got shorted because of the runtime.
    May 9, 2020
  3. TheOneRingBoromir
    TheOneRingBoromir
    The western scifi theme was truly something to behold about the show. It worked so well. But Fox had to muck up the running order. Putting the pilot last because there were too much explanation and not enough action. If there was one show that needed easing in its this one.
    May 9, 2020
  4. TheOneRingBoromir
    TheOneRingBoromir
    Last but not least the truly excellent music and intro sequency just made me giddy every time. "You can't take the sky from me". The music was okay in the movie, but it held no candle to the one in the show. I love Firefly. There will be no one like you out there!
    May 9, 2020
  5. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    By the way Boromir, what is your favorite movie? :)
    May 9, 2020
  6. TheOneRingBoromir
    TheOneRingBoromir
    That's easy: The Silence of the Lambs. Great action, chockful of atmosphere, terror, shocks, fantastic score! And did I mention the acting and the atmosphere? Well then I am adding that again, and the score. Just love that movie! What about you?
    May 9, 2020
  7. Ὀρφεύς
    Ὀρφεύς
    That guy with 200 IQ is Lithuanian :P
    May 9, 2020
  8. Ὀρφεύς
    Ὀρφεύς
    To be honest TV series Hannibal (2013-2015) is my most favorite TV series ever. If you like the psychological genre I suggest you watch this ;)
    May 9, 2020
  9. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    The Shawshank Redemption. A beautiful movie full of hope with great quotes. I saw it maybe 20 times and I'm still amazed every single time.
    May 9, 2020
  10. Nines
    Nines
    The nostalgia is strong with this one.
    Firefly was one of the best. It could have easily lasted several seasons. It's narrative style wasn't typical to sci-fi and made for excellent story telling. Well, when it comes to media, diamonds in the rough are usually buried again.
    May 9, 2020
  11. Eoghan mac Phádraig
    Eoghan mac Phádraig
    I am in heartfelt agreement. I didn't see the series until a couple of years after it ran. I was amazed at the richness of the world Joss Whedon created.
    May 9, 2020
  12. Eoghan mac Phádraig
    Eoghan mac Phádraig
    Small time, but in that small most greatly lived, this star of the 'Verse.
    May 9, 2020
  13. TheOneRingBoromir
    TheOneRingBoromir
    @Nines: Definitely! Nathan Filion even said it was one of his funnest working environments. There were many characters and not all got their due. But if they'd have several seasons to build on who know how it would have been? Fox meddled from the very beginning, and it shows even though what we got is great. Wonder how it would have been had they gotten full creative control...
    May 10, 2020
  14. TheOneRingBoromir
    TheOneRingBoromir
    @Eoghan mac Phádraig: Mhm. Before I rewatched it now it had been some time since I last saw. It was just the right time because watching it now was like visiting, an old great friend I hadn't seen in a long time; the reunion was magical.
    May 10, 2020
  15. What I Do That Defines Me
    What I Do That Defines Me
    My favorite movie is Legends of the Fall, it reallty takes me away and moves me everytime.
    May 12, 2020