Comments on Profile Post by TheOneRingBoromir

1. TheOneRingBoromir
    TheOneRingBoromir
    Before Corona I read a lot at work. But then came my anxiety in droves and slowly but surely I stopped. Now I am reading at home and only that. Which means I am reading more calmly and concentrate more on what I am reading. Before I also put emphasis on reading a lot. I still want to read a lot, but not fast and heavy.
    Jun 2, 2020
  2. TheOneRingBoromir
    TheOneRingBoromir
    I want to take my time and read what I want when I want. So my experiment with reading between meals during the weekend is starting to take effect. I am going to extend it by reading more when I think I am done. Just to see how it goes. Besides I need a break from screens. Less tiring for my eyes to read physical books.
    Jun 2, 2020
  3. Sputnik I
    Sputnik I
    It's funny how anxiety can do that. I've had progressively worsening anxiety over the last 7 years. It was essentially nonexistent before that, or masked by depression. When in a particularly bad phase, I also notice that I have less attention for cerebral activities like reading. Need to change that. Well done though :)
    Jun 3, 2020
    ......., unslaver, | Nico | and 7 others like this.
  4. TheOneRingBoromir
    TheOneRingBoromir
    Thanks! Yes it comes and goes, but the one constant is that it always gets worse when I M. So there is a correlation. Or when I do it too much. Either way it's not healthy for me. Sometimes you just have to force something or choose something else just to see that you actually missed it :-)
    Jun 3, 2020