Comments on Profile Post by TheOneRingBoromir

1. TheOneRingBoromir
    TheOneRingBoromir
    So here goes. Even though the weekend was so-so. Even though yesterday started good and I got waylaid by anxiety before leaving for work and then getting late to work. Even though I missed the bus today and got late to work. Still, even though these things happened I got to say that this week is starting to look pretty good and better than the previous weeks, at least mentally.
    Jun 16, 2020
  2. TheOneRingBoromir
    TheOneRingBoromir
    Things keep happening and I still react a little too much to it or rather I overreact is the more appropriate word. Still, I feel like things are going in the right direction. I just need to stop obsessing over things that is a waste of time, need to stop expecting perfect weekends (as I said, stuff happens), need to stop overreacting (I will still react, but find the right way to process it).
    Jun 16, 2020
  3. TheOneRingBoromir
    TheOneRingBoromir
    Still working out some kinks, that's for sure!
    Jun 16, 2020
  4. DrabToLight
    DrabToLight
    Hey @TheOneRingBoromir - I do the same things. One little thing goes wrong and I worry about it way too much. Also, I go back and check to make sure the door is locked more than once, that the stove is off, that the car lights are off, etc. I have "tricks" for those things. I lock the door and put my keys in the wrong pocket. Then I know the door is locked.
    Jun 16, 2020
  5. DrabToLight
    DrabToLight
    I turn the stove off and then only turn the kitchen light off after checking the stove again. And for the car lights, I turn them off, check once, and bought a subscription to an auto service that will jump the car for free.
    Jun 16, 2020
  6. TheOneRingBoromir
    TheOneRingBoromir
    Yes checking the stove and locks are becoming a problem for me again. Corona made things a lot worse for me. Those suggestions are not bad at all. Especially like the one about the keys in the wrong pocket. Today I started taking pictures and check the timestamp. Not sure if that is a good idea, but if it stops me from checking it again then it can work for now!
    Jun 16, 2020
  7. TheOneRingBoromir
    TheOneRingBoromir
    I've tried that with the stove, but everytime I turn off the light I second guess myself. Then I start counting etc and it gets worse. So I need to take it slowly and see where it goes. At least it's easier when I don't have to check if the heater is on as well ;-)
    Jun 16, 2020