1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by ViolenceOfAction

1. pale_blue_dot
    pale_blue_dot
    Can you elaborate please?
    Aug 5, 2016
  2. ViolenceOfAction
    ViolenceOfAction
    Absolutely pale_blue_dot, I'll try my best. The "Violence of Action," from what I understand, is a military term that refers to the use of extreme speed, strength, and aggression to achieve victory - it is a belief that striking first, striking fast, and remaining mobile, can allow you to triumph over a larger, and better equipped, enemy.
    Aug 5, 2016
  3. ViolenceOfAction
    ViolenceOfAction
    When I first heard the term, I just liked how it sounded, but when I realized how deeply connected PMO addiction is to lethargy, depression, and entrapping cycles of negative thought, I realized that by committing to the violence of action, I could keep my addiction "off balance" and never allow it to gain the upper hand.
    Aug 5, 2016
  4. ViolenceOfAction
    ViolenceOfAction
    "I believe in the violence of action" is a mantra I've been repeating to myself whenever I find myself thinking negative thoughts, lazing around, feeling depressed or anxious. It's one of the ways I force myself into moving and doing things, because I know that if I don't and if I'm lethargic, that allows my addiction to bring its entire force to bear upon me.
    Aug 5, 2016
  5. ViolenceOfAction
    ViolenceOfAction
    If I'm always moving, and always seeking to enforce good habits, and hitting myself with hard workouts, cold showers, tasks, chores, prayer, and study, I can effectively prevent my urges from exercising themselves against me effectively.
    Aug 5, 2016
  6. pale_blue_dot
    pale_blue_dot
    Your method to fight urges sounds so much like Hitler's military tactic "Blitzkrieg" haha. I can totally relate it with my experience. It works for me too. Keep going brother. Best wishes.
    Aug 6, 2016