1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by aspiringwriter1997

1. Tafi
    Tafi
    There Are 4 Philosophers I Only Love And Respect :Socrates , John Locke , Baruch Spinoza , Immanuel Kant
    Sep 4, 2020
  2. Tafi
    Tafi
    The Thinkers Are 1- Consultant Ahmad Abdu Maher He Taught Me The "Right Islam",2-Adnan Ibrahim Least Favorite
    Sep 4, 2020
  3. Tafi
    Tafi
    And the "Why" Answer is Because They All Helped To Enlight My Mind And The Way Of Thinking
    Sep 4, 2020
  4. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    I adore Kant. I consider him to be the last great philosopher because almost everyone else after him falls too short or is too radical. Kant is the peak of modern philosophy. I also like the other three you mention, though I only have Locke in my love tier. The rest are likable.
    Sep 4, 2020
  5. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    But what about the other philosophers from the pre-Socratics, Plato, and Aristotle to the likes of the stoics? What of Augustine and Aquinas? Of Descartes and the other modern philosophers up to Kant? Do you like any of them or no?
    Sep 4, 2020
  6. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    The "why" is a good reason because I can say the same thing about my favorite philosophers as well! :D
    Sep 4, 2020
  7. Tafi
    Tafi
    I Feel Happy to find you love the same people I like,this will make us understand each other better
    Sep 4, 2020
  8. Tafi
    Tafi
    Pre Socrates time ,was a great time too,I love Marcus Aurelius but he isn't a Full Philosopher he is originally an Emperor,so I didn't mention him for being an Emperor and ruler of Rome more than being a philosopher
    Sep 4, 2020
  9. Tafi
    Tafi
    Descrates I respect him and appreciate him,but I don't like his personality,he was spoiled in his childhood and a coward man ,he is well-known being a coward .
    Sep 4, 2020
  10. Tafi
    Tafi
    Another thing to mention about him,do you know that he believed that animals don't have any feelings?
    Sep 4, 2020
  11. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    But Marcus Aurelius is the closest thing we have to a true philosophical king. Not being a full philosopher does take away from it, but he does showcase stoicism very nicely.
    Sep 4, 2020
  12. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    I remember reading on that in class and was so confused. I like Descartes and I think some of his points are correct compared to other philosophers, but the idea of animals not having feelings is a notion I rejected on the spot.
    Sep 4, 2020
  13. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    Personally, I put Augustine above all others because he has helped me throughout my struggles with PMO. I like Aquinas too, but I feel that he is more theological than philosophical at times.
    Sep 4, 2020
  14. Tafi
    Tafi
    I believe there are many thinkers and philosophers are oppressed and not given to them their worth and position,from them the 2 you mentioned,I don't know about them
    Sep 5, 2020
  15. Tafi
    Tafi
    And I believe there are others which me and you know nothing about them,so I would like you to search for an Islamic school called "Muʿtazila" this school Immanuel Kant,Descartes and Leibniz might have been inspired by them and might have been actually read their books.
    Sep 5, 2020
  16. aricking
    aricking
    i love all of them you have mentioned specially socrates and john locke
    Sep 5, 2020