1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Deleted Account

1. Batty Belfry
    Batty Belfry
    Thank you very much! I appreciate you asking. Teaching has been great with the kids. Teaching with the teachers has been a bit of a mind field; I try to steer clear of their sycophantic, ego-driven, competition-over-cooperation. I keep drama on a stage where it belongs. My life has treated me well, I'm grateful to be in a position of change for the better.
    Oct 20, 2020
    Muhammad Husayn, BurgerChamp and Ju@n like this.
  2. Batty Belfry
    Batty Belfry
    I feel I am making a difference and giving back; most of my students have been kind to me and I get to look forward to that. I just have to complete my certification in the next three years, but one thing at a time. I hope you have fared well this year.
    Oct 20, 2020
  3. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Nice! Adults ammirite. May I ask what level of schooling you teach? Elemen, Middle, High, etc?
    Oct 20, 2020
  4. Batty Belfry
    Batty Belfry
    A student of mine said don't grow up, it's a trap. I believe her. Of course you may, I teach middle school.
    Oct 20, 2020
  5. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    :( dang. That scares me tbh. Like I can criticize my parents and other adults, but I am probably destined to be just them! Nice. I'm not sure if I'd like being around kids so much. Is it a good school?
    Oct 20, 2020
  6. Batty Belfry
    Batty Belfry
    I actively avoid being cynical. People can change, but I understand that some people never do. It's a choice and I believe some amount of chance. As Shakespeare wrote, "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."
    Oct 20, 2020
  7. Batty Belfry
    Batty Belfry
    With the global pandemic, I know what you mean. I voiced my concerns, for myself, for the students, and teachers, to the principal before the transition to face-to-face instruction; she did not care, she met with me only because her job tells her to.
    Oct 20, 2020
  8. Batty Belfry
    Batty Belfry
    She said to me money was more important than her health. I wanted to say you can't eat money, but a part of me also thought she would eat it like salad. I didn't yell or argue during this meeting, but of course, she tried to pivot the conversation I was having.
    Oct 20, 2020
    Muhammad Husayn and BurgerChamp like this.
  9. Batty Belfry
    Batty Belfry
    She said I was being condescending. The night before, she emails the school and voicemails the parents with a belittling message: Twas the Night Before Face-to-Face, using my classroom as an example. I prepared a resignation because I did not want to work for a moneygrubber. But I decided to work for me and the students instead.
    Oct 20, 2020
    Muhammad Husayn and BurgerChamp like this.
  10. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Oh. Yeah people can change, it's just rare and takes a while. I feel like this is a topic where you learn more about it as you get older and wiser. On this topic, I've heard Jordan Peterson say to avoid resentment. From practicing it in my own life it is quite freeing. I remember some of my most miserable times involved vast resentment, and it only made me feel worse.
    Oct 20, 2020
  11. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Oof. That sucks. About the being around kids so much, it's not related to the pandemic, it's more just like I probably would want to be around people more my age or just not middle schoolers and younger lol. Also no offense but tbh I would not want to go back to a school at all costs during my life haha.
    Oct 20, 2020
  12. Batty Belfry
    Batty Belfry
    The school is not the best. The adult leadership there is faceless most times. They don't care because they only care about money. Then the kids don't care and do poorly in school and in life. It's a problem that continues because without problems, there would be no money for the school. It's wrong and greedy; education has been a business for too long. I teach my students that I care and that they need to care too.
    Oct 20, 2020
  13. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Oof. Yeah U.S. education is quite broken. You sound like a good teacher. What do you teach? English right?
    Oct 20, 2020
  14. Batty Belfry
    Batty Belfry
    Si, senor. I mean, yes sir. :D Thank you kindly. I want to fix it all, but I can fix the pieces at my feet first. Their red tape won't stick to me.
    Oct 20, 2020
  15. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Lol. Yeah. I like the idea of directly impacting the problem instead of just doing it indirectly by voting or something. Btw if you live in the same town as the school is in, you could vote for local officials like school board for example which might begin a path towards slight change?
    Oct 20, 2020
  16. Batty Belfry
    Batty Belfry
    I agree. Observable change starts small and reaches high. That is a good idea and have voted early this election cycle. But unfortunately I do not live in the same place as the school.
    Oct 20, 2020
  17. Batty Belfry
    Batty Belfry
    I drive half an hour to and from work. Not the best sacrifice, but I figure paying rent these days is too high a price to pay. I'm saving money and still living with my parents as I do it. I am planning to move out, but I don't think now is the right time.
    Oct 20, 2020
    BurgerChamp and Ju@n like this.
  18. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Mmm. Know anyone who does live in that town? Oh dang! I mean it's better than driving out of state. Oh dang. Yeah espec with 'rona around, and it being the middle of the school year ey. moving takes a load of time.
    Oct 20, 2020
  19. Batty Belfry
    Batty Belfry
    I know one coworker who worked their previously who lives in the area. I could ask him, thanks for the reminder! The area does have a middle-of-nowhere vibe. The school is so remote you can't drive off-campus to get lunch and make it back in time to your classroom. I've downsized these past couple years, not too big a footprint from me, just books and art really.
    Oct 20, 2020
  20. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Lol. That's insane dude!!! That's actually nuts haha. Ah ok. That's convenient then.
    Nov 4, 2020
    Muphy and Batty Belfry like this.