1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by ELITE2BE

1. IWantToBreakFree123
    IWantToBreakFree123
    Thank you as well my friend. I am pretty good, but I am still struggling. Sometimes I feel I finally got rid of PMO but then suddenly I fall back to day 0. Do you have any tips?
    Apr 9, 2021
  2. ELITE2BE
    ELITE2BE
    You’re most welcome. Good to hear!
    I was about to dm you some tips, but I thought it would be better to list them here so others might benefit as well.
    Apr 9, 2021
  3. ELITE2BE
    ELITE2BE
    For starts, I can’t say for sure that I am completely over this poor habit. But I can say that building a good streak and maintaining it is no issue to me at this point. I wouldn’t even describe it as an addiction anymore.
    Apr 9, 2021
  4. ELITE2BE
    ELITE2BE
    To me getting rid of this addiction was not through following those recurring tips which resonate across the forums (such as meditation, exercise, cold showers, journaling..etc). I’m not saying these don’t help (I do all except for journaling).
    Apr 9, 2021
  5. ELITE2BE
    ELITE2BE
    What I did was sit down, think about life, and what I want my life to be like. I formed a mental picture of my future self, which has grown within me through my countless stumbles, failures and resets. I held this vision of my future self, and all these setbacks just cemented this vision.
    Apr 9, 2021
  6. ELITE2BE
    ELITE2BE
    I am also a man of faith. This faith has helped me a lot. I can never be who I want to be, that happy successful being, if I continue to disobey my creator.
    Apr 9, 2021
  7. ELITE2BE
    ELITE2BE
    It is basically all about faith, resolve and resilience. Just like a toddler who with every fall learns to walk a bit better. In due time, and unexpectedly, he would stand up without the usual subsequent fall.
    Apr 9, 2021
  8. IWantToBreakFree123
    IWantToBreakFree123
    So you mean it's more complicated, that it's the combination of many things, behaviours and attitudes which make us getting healed, did I got it?
    Apr 10, 2021
  9. IWantToBreakFree123
    IWantToBreakFree123
    Contemplation, I think I don't fully appreciate it's potential, thank you for mentioning it. And you are absolutely right, building the future vision of ourselves can make wonders!
    Apr 10, 2021
  10. ELITE2BE
    ELITE2BE
    Terribly sorry for the late response my dear brother. I don’t recall receiving a notification.
    Apr 17, 2021
  11. ELITE2BE
    ELITE2BE
    I would not describe it as complicated, conversely, I feel like it is much simpler than what many make it to be. Simple=yes, easy=not so much.
    Apr 17, 2021
  12. ELITE2BE
    ELITE2BE
    You get it though. In all honesty, and in essence, this is a case of “mind over matter”. Once we form the mental picture I previously talked about, and then learn how the malignancy that is PMO affects it, we become less prone to relapse.
    Apr 17, 2021
  13. IWantToBreakFree123
    IWantToBreakFree123
    No problem, thank you very much for your message. So you mean to stay pure and healthy is trivial in assumption but difficult in realisation.
    Apr 17, 2021
  14. IWantToBreakFree123
    IWantToBreakFree123
    I see the similarity, many simplest objects have very complicated structure and laws. Like in maths, the point as an example, it is very simple itself but it's a particle of many different defined structures.
    Apr 17, 2021
  15. IWantToBreakFree123
    IWantToBreakFree123
    Coming back to our topic, I agree that the awareness of the consequences of PMO can make us stronger to survive the urges. But what we can say when despite knowing the harm, which it's doing to us we still stay in the same place? Like in the trap?
    Apr 17, 2021
  16. ELITE2BE
    ELITE2BE
    Immaculately put!
    Well in that case, we either don’t know enough about the harms, or the price that we need to pay (our sacrifice) is simply far more significant in our minds than that vision/dream.
    Apr 17, 2021
  17. IWantToBreakFree123
    IWantToBreakFree123
    So would you agree that people who struggle have to do more research, read more and lean more about the consequences of PMO? That might be one of the first steps towards the freedom.
    Apr 17, 2021
  18. ELITE2BE
    ELITE2BE
    Absolutely my good brother.
    Apr 18, 2021
  19. IWantToBreakFree123
    IWantToBreakFree123
    So, we know what to do. The only thing is to follow the right path. Thank you very much for your advice.
    Apr 20, 2021
  20. ELITE2BE
    ELITE2BE
    Knowing is one thing, but being able to follow consistently is another beast haha. I wish you a blessed lifelong streak man. You got this.

God bless.
    Apr 20, 2021
  21. IWantToBreakFree123
    IWantToBreakFree123
    Thank you man! Just like you said, following the good routine is a beast, but the glory of maintaining it for longer, oh what great fruits it gives!
    I wish you livelong streak as well, best wishes my friend!

God bless!
    Apr 22, 2021