1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by InnerMan

1. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I find motivation to be helpful but discipline, I feel, is what is needed for long term sustained success. Motivation, like our feelings, won't always be aligned with our mission/goal nor will it always around to help us on our way.
    May 26, 2021
    ReVera III and InnerMan like this.
  2. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Discipline on the other hand, fueled by a powerful "why", keeps us on track and helps us realize sobriety isn't about chasing feelings, it's about conquering ourselves in order to achieve what's right.
    May 26, 2021
  3. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    Absolutely, well said. Discipline is key! The question is, what sustains discipline? In my experience, intention is 80% of the battle. It starts and ends in the mind.
    May 26, 2021
    ReVera III and Augie like this.
  4. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    True. The intention is a large part of it since this fosters discipline and can help generate motivation. It's so important to have a good "why". I've finally found mine and it's made a huge difference in my journey.
    May 26, 2021
  5. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    Excellent! What's your why?
    May 26, 2021
  6. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I'm currently keeping that private. I'm just happy to have it. I like to say "found" but it's really always been with me. I think a better explanation is that I've finally become receptive to it.
    May 26, 2021
    ReVera III likes this.
  7. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    Very good!
    May 26, 2021