1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by FallingPetals

1. View previous comments
  2. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    I found that one of the keys has been to cut back on work a bit. I was working way too much and it stole from other areas of my life, and from my overall well-being, so when I was at camp this summer, in the little free time I had at camp I decided to cut back on work.
    Sep 17, 2023
    FallingPetals likes this.
  3. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    and that was a good decision as its given me breathing room to do all the other things I value. So we're good! We're rockin' again!
    Sep 17, 2023
  4. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    How are you my dears sister? All good?
    Sep 17, 2023
  5. FallingPetals
    FallingPetals
    Alhamdulillah im very happy to hear that! Keep rocking inshallah! :)
    I am good as well alhamdulillah… a lot better than before especially as compared to when I was working. I struggled in the habits department a lot in August but by the end of it, I started improving. A road trip to the mountains really helped with that :) really opened up my heart more alhamdulillah
    Sep 17, 2023
    InnerMan likes this.
  6. FallingPetals
    FallingPetals
    Plus, since I have been on a diet (almost one month into it now!), its really helped with my discipline and will power!
    Emotionally, I am in a much better state alhamdulillah and I am glad I resigned cos that workplace was really not good for me
    Sep 17, 2023
    InnerMan likes this.
  7. FallingPetals
    FallingPetals
    Most of my days are packed and busy with studying, weekly volunteering, cooking and family time Alhamdulillah
    However, I felt like I kept forgetting to do some tasks and wasnt able to track them in my written bujo so I set my a new excel tracker for myself this morning since most of my studying and planning is digital so yeah hehe too much info?
    Sep 17, 2023
    InnerMan likes this.
  8. FallingPetals
    FallingPetals
    Is the InnerMan planning on disappearing from here, completely? :)
    Sep 30, 2023
    InnerMan likes this.
  9. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    Salaaaaaam! Not yet :) I don't know when I'll be more active again though. Hope you're well Ukhti Zee
    Oct 1, 2023
  10. InnerMan
  11. FallingPetals
    FallingPetals
    This isn’t opening but I am assuming you sent me the video of the solidarity march that happened in my country?
    Oct 15, 2023
    InnerMan likes this.
  12. FallingPetals
    FallingPetals
    Yeah, alhamdulillah
    Oct 15, 2023
  13. FallingPetals
    FallingPetals
    Could you please remove the city name? :)
    Oct 15, 2023
  14. FallingPetals
    FallingPetals
    Hope all is well at your end inshallah
    Oct 16, 2023
  15. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    Alhamdulillah, just pretty consumed by this whole thing
    Oct 17, 2023
  16. FallingPetals
    Oct 17, 2023
  17. FallingPetals
    FallingPetals
    Wondering if you are on instagram, and if so, wondering if it would be okay to connect there
    Oct 23, 2023
  18. FallingPetals
    FallingPetals
    Also, congrats on 300 days. Alhamdulillah
    Oct 24, 2023
  19. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    Salam Sr., you'll be sad to hear this but I lost my streak unfortunately. I kept it from you on purpose because I didn't want you to lose morale. Anyway I'm back on track now Alhamdulillah, been clean since October 1st. I should update my tracker
    Oct 25, 2023
  20. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    Mabrook on your achievement, you're doing awesome Mashallah, full year right around the corner! :) Happy for you
    Oct 25, 2023
  21. FallingPetals
    FallingPetals
    I am not surprised because I did have a feeling that something wasn’t right
    Definitely sad tho because you are supposed to use this site to help yourself first and foremost rather than worrying about my morale
    Oct 25, 2023
    InnerMan likes this.
  22. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    Can't help but worry about your morale young lady. As for this site, I've learned that whether or not I'm doing well, its not very helpful to me. I can only speak for myself but my strength doesn't come from journaling here or reading posts.
    Oct 25, 2023
  23. FallingPetals
    FallingPetals
    My morale or streak isn't dependent on anyone else’s streak either. I am not that weak?

Also, if we are in something together with someone, then its supposed to be a two way thing. I am supposed to be there for you and support you in tough times, in whatever way I can
    Oct 25, 2023
    InnerMan likes this.
  24. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    You're strong mashallah, God preserve you. But momentum is a real thing and right or wrong, I didn't want to take the chance of interrupting yours because even if we're strong, we get affected by others. Had you not congratulated me for something I didn't achieve I planned to wait until the new year to mention it.
    Oct 25, 2023
  25. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    As for being in something together, what can I say Zee you have a point there.
    Oct 25, 2023
  26. FallingPetals
    FallingPetals
    Are you serious??? My Lord, do you realise how awful that would have been if you did that? Seriously, what if I told you right now that I relapsed a month ago and have been pretending since then just so it doesn’t affect you? Would you appreciate something like that?
    Oct 25, 2023
    InnerMan likes this.
  27. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    Pretending is a strong word and the wrong word. But to answer your question, I would have a very different response than yours. But you're upset and I get it :)
    Oct 25, 2023
  28. FallingPetals
    FallingPetals
    I am not even that upset, but don’t pull these heroic stunts on me. I feel like a bit of a fool and as I said earlier, when you are in something together, then you are in it together. So yeah, you relapsed, my morale isn’t affected. I just need to re-start the count now because I did say we will make it to 365 days together and God willing we will inshallah. You need to chill.
    Oct 25, 2023
    InnerMan likes this.
  29. FallingPetals
    FallingPetals
    I am glad you were able to start again and have 25 days clean alhamdulillah. I am certainly concerned about your overall well-being and wondering what could have possibly triggered it and hopefully, you have figured something out and things aren’t too bad anymore???
    Oct 25, 2023
    InnerMan likes this.
  30. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    "You need to chill."

LOOOL oh Zee. That made me laugh hard

I'm very chill. You're the one who needs some mango lassi and an ice pack on your forehead.

Okay no more heroic stunts, lets finish the year strong inshallah!!
    Oct 25, 2023
  31. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    As for trigger...it was a slow slide into darkness unfortunately. Many triggers added up over time I guess
    Oct 25, 2023
  32. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    And yes things are not only not too bad but I'm feeling solid Alhamdulillah! Got my feet beneath me again and I'm looking forwards, not backwards
    Oct 25, 2023
  33. FallingPetals
    FallingPetals
    God, you are so annoying. I don’t like you very much right now but I am still sending a big hug your way. Do you know how difficult that is?
    Oct 25, 2023
    InnerMan likes this.
  34. FallingPetals
    FallingPetals
    Jokes aside, you know you have said the same many times before as well, the “many triggers adding overtime” part and I could be wrong but it seems like a repeating issue that you dont take enough breaks/pauses between your days to clear your mind and heart.
    Oct 25, 2023
    InnerMan likes this.
  35. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    It's true, I work, work, work, do other stuff, and leave little time to check in. And if I don't change that, the result will sooner or later be the same.
    Oct 25, 2023
  36. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    I've made some efforts to cut back on work and that's helped, but I need to cut back even more. I can't change my schedule until the new year as I'm booked up but after that I can slow things down IA and make time for what really counts
    Oct 25, 2023
  37. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    And even though I did say I don't find much strength from this site, I still think it's better to journal than not to journal, so I should kick start that up again inshallah
    Oct 25, 2023
  38. FallingPetals
    FallingPetals
    Alhamdulillah for the ability to recognise the problem and it seems like you do have a plan of action set out

So, I will be asking about the work situation 2.25 months later inshallah, I am holding you accountable for this ( whether you like it or not, idc, because its part of the in-it-together deal)
    Oct 25, 2023
    InnerMan likes this.
  39. FallingPetals
    FallingPetals
    Are you not journaling privately anymore?
    Oct 25, 2023
    InnerMan likes this.
  40. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    Please do!

I have been but not much. Not enough to call it a regular habit.
    Oct 25, 2023
  41. FallingPetals
    FallingPetals
    How have you been? Hope all good inshallah?
    Oct 29, 2023
    InnerMan likes this.
  42. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    Alhamdulillah, just troubled by what's happening. But I'm good on this front inshallah :) Traveling for work though so I'm a little more vulnerable I guess
    Oct 30, 2023
  43. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    how about you, all is well?
    Oct 30, 2023
  44. FallingPetals
    FallingPetals
    Yeah… I get that. Talking helps though so if you want to just talk about it, feel free to connect inshallah. Also, someone messaged me this earlier: I think one of the rights the Quran has over us is letting it be what calms us down.
    So just a gentle reminder to focus more on soul care so that we may remain optimistic, inshallah.
    Oct 30, 2023
    InnerMan likes this.
  45. FallingPetals
    FallingPetals
    Same goes for feeling vulnerable. I would like to check in on you frequently but I am not sure how welcome that is lol
    Oct 30, 2023
    InnerMan likes this.
  46. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    You'd be doing me a favour to check in so thank you my sister.
    Oct 30, 2023
  47. FallingPetals
    FallingPetals
    Wait what was that
    Nov 29, 2023
  48. InnerMan
  49. FallingPetals
    FallingPetals
    Wow… that was so heart touching. Thank you for sharing! :)
    Nov 29, 2023
    InnerMan likes this.
  50. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    Main chorus: "Mawlay, I am at Your door with my hands extended. To whom should I run except to You, oh my support."
    Nov 29, 2023
  51. FallingPetals
    FallingPetals
    It’s really beautiful mashallah
    I still dont get the whole thing, only few words and phrases but still, so heart touching!
    Nov 29, 2023
    InnerMan likes this.