1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Halpherisdusfrey

1. Halpherisdusfrey
    Halpherisdusfrey
    As far i read ... first 3 chaps of The power of Subconscious mind, MBTI 16 personalities, dopamine, serotonin, prolactin of an O,...
    Jul 20, 2021
    A_Simple_Guy likes this.
  2. Halpherisdusfrey
    Halpherisdusfrey
    Pretty much all of my knowledge about Psychology. Do you have any suggestions? :D and if you’re not familiar with MBTI 16 personalities, try it to figure out your type and Function stack :)
    Jul 20, 2021
    A_Simple_Guy likes this.
  3. A_Simple_Guy
    A_Simple_Guy
    Haha! Seems like you're getting into psychology too. I actually forgot that I wrote about psychology in my bio. MBTI is Carl Jung's theory and I haven't read his books so far (I have two on my list), but I will get to know them eventually.
    Jul 20, 2021
    Halpherisdusfrey likes this.
  4. A_Simple_Guy
    A_Simple_Guy
    @Halpherisdusfrey I have mostly researched depression, anxiety, neurotic personality, narcissistic personality, how people think in general, biases, childhood and the role of parents and family atmosphere, how not everything is about me and how I'm not the centre of the universe etc etc. :D
    Jul 20, 2021
  5. A_Simple_Guy
    A_Simple_Guy
    @Halpherisdusfrey I also read how addiction works and the science and psychology behind it. I just wanted to get a really good understanding of what I am dealing with, and I also wanted to work with some of my own issues and biases. Trust me, it was the best thing, it still is.
    Jul 20, 2021
  6. A_Simple_Guy
    A_Simple_Guy
    @Halpherisdusfrey I'm not sure if I should write an article :D, but I would be happy to give you book recommendations if you like any specific aspect of psychology :)
    Jul 20, 2021
  7. Halpherisdusfrey
    Halpherisdusfrey
    Oh wow, this is what my cousin need to hear, unfortunately I’m not him and he’s not me either, so it’s hard to make a person to know about all the things @@ oh, okay, book recommendations seem great @@ but if i research about it without helping anyone relate to the mental problem, well @@
    Jul 20, 2021
    A_Simple_Guy likes this.
  8. Halpherisdusfrey
    Halpherisdusfrey
    Okay, cause I’m not sure i can take in all the information from books without applying it on anyone @@ and I don’t have that much time either @@ an article, maybe, it’s more specific @@
    Jul 20, 2021
    A_Simple_Guy likes this.
  9. Halpherisdusfrey
    Halpherisdusfrey
    And one thing more, my cousin doesn’t want my help either, so it’s not enough motivation for me to actually get into a problem not mine @@ hope you get what i mean .. @@
    Jul 20, 2021
    A_Simple_Guy likes this.
  10. Halpherisdusfrey
    Halpherisdusfrey
    Cause simply, he doesn’t consider it a Problem to him... so it’s hard for me to access to him, even to help @@
    Jul 20, 2021
    A_Simple_Guy likes this.
  11. Halpherisdusfrey
    Halpherisdusfrey
    So i mean.. if i need it in the future, I’ll let you know and ask for your advice @@ thank you for caring mate <3 good day :)
    Jul 20, 2021
    A_Simple_Guy likes this.
  12. A_Simple_Guy
    A_Simple_Guy
    @Halpherisdusfrey I totally understand it mate. My younger brother also have some psychological issues and it took him a long time to understand that he needs help, but eventually he accepted that. Maybe your cousin will someday too.
    Jul 20, 2021
  13. A_Simple_Guy
    A_Simple_Guy
    Jul 20, 2021
  14. A_Simple_Guy
    A_Simple_Guy
    @Halpherisdusfrey And thank you for posting on my profile. Feel free to talk to me whenever you want, I'd happy to speak with you or share the little bit of knowledge that I have whenever applicable :) I'm pretty sure I can learn a lot from you too :)
    Jul 20, 2021
  15. Halpherisdusfrey
    Halpherisdusfrey
    @A_Simple_Guy yeah, thank you so much :) i read the article, it’s kinda true. But yeah, we still on the long way to reach that diminishing line though, especially i’m work In Engineering major, nothing is repetitive here, there’re always things you need to learn, so it’s not actually the case of the article
    Jul 20, 2021
    A_Simple_Guy likes this.
  16. Halpherisdusfrey
    Halpherisdusfrey
    But as i said, i never diminish a value of the article, but to me, i know and experienced things he said, but it’s just i never cognitively figure the patterns :) i know I cannot control people, i just gotta let them figure it out their own, but like
    Jul 20, 2021
    A_Simple_Guy likes this.
  17. Halpherisdusfrey
    Halpherisdusfrey
    Sometimes their own ‘figuring out’ seems so freakin off for me, to be honest *sigh*.
    Jul 20, 2021
    A_Simple_Guy likes this.
  18. Halpherisdusfrey
    Halpherisdusfrey
    But still, his article has the point, and to visualize that graph is great... there’s a lot of aspects unknown in life that we ourselves has to learn it IN THE PAINFUL WAY to get the lesson :)
    Jul 20, 2021
    A_Simple_Guy likes this.
  19. A_Simple_Guy
    A_Simple_Guy
    @Halpherisdusfrey I'm glad you found it interesting :). I didn't know what you're dealing with, I just shared one of his articles to familiarise you with his philosophy. I think you may find something of your interest too there if you look :)
    Jul 20, 2021
  20. Halpherisdusfrey
    Halpherisdusfrey
    Thank you for talking w me about this, i really appreciate your help and time :) but can i know how your younger brother acknowledges that he has psychological problems? Did you convince by scientific proofs, articles or something?
    Jul 20, 2021
    A_Simple_Guy likes this.
  21. A_Simple_Guy
    A_Simple_Guy
    I've sent you a message that'll explain :D
    Jul 20, 2021
  22. A_Simple_Guy
    A_Simple_Guy
    @Halpherisdusfrey And you're most welcome mate! It was amazing to speak with someone for real :)
    Jul 20, 2021
  23. Halpherisdusfrey
    Halpherisdusfrey
    Sure mate, happy for me to learn from people on here <3
    Jul 20, 2021
    A_Simple_Guy likes this.