1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by InnerMan

1. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I would say so, how many vices do you think is under the banner of sloth or even gluttony
    Jan 16, 2022
    InnerMan likes this.
  2. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    I see that vices all seem to converge towards some point in the self. What is that point exactly?
    Jan 16, 2022
    Whispers likes this.
  3. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I have no idea, the best I came up with is the first moment of contact would be root.
    Jan 16, 2022
  4. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    That's right Whispers, many indeed fall under those banners. Explain what you mean by first moment of contact though
    Jan 16, 2022
    Whispers likes this.
  5. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    Some sages have talked the "I-thought", as in the mother of all vices is the illusion of a separate self
    Jan 16, 2022
    Whispers likes this.
  6. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    First moment of contact with a vice, like in my early teen years I experienced drinking at a party, the first time being first moment of contact.
    Jan 16, 2022
    InnerMan likes this.
  7. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    Gotcha. Yeah those are very strong impressions in the psyche. Begs the question of how to fully uproot a vice. Practically I think it as to first be weakened by simply denying it the food it wants. But thats only half the task, the other half being to give the self a healthy, nourishing alternative
    Jan 16, 2022
    Whispers likes this.
  8. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    Starve the negative, feed the positive
    Jan 16, 2022
    Whispers likes this.
  9. VinceLaCroix
    VinceLaCroix
    Yes. For me it comes from boredom and desire to escape my mind. The same with pmo. Boredome and desire to escape to the realm of pixelated women that are there for me to take my worries away. It is all shit. But at the same time, i'm not ready to give up on internet and videogames just yet, even while understanding that they do more harm than good. Plus damnable lockdowns with no end in sight don't help either
    Jan 16, 2022
    InnerMan likes this.
  10. InnerMan
    InnerMan
    The lockdowns don't help that's forsure.
    Jan 17, 2022