1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice
maak to
Manage Groups:
Translator. Theology Student

Share This Page

maak to

Fapstronaut, Male

You hold me by my right hand, you guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Psalm 73 Jul 25, 2022

1. maak to
      maak to
      You hold me by my right hand, you guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Psalm 73
      1. TheIntelligent likes this.
    2. maak to
      maak to
      Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life. (Jam. 1:12 NKJV)
      1. Azzure likes this.
    3. maak to
      maak to
      "All things are yours, and you are Christ's" (1 Cor. 3:21)
      1. swazzy1 likes this.
    4. maak to
      maak to
      Other refuge have I none; Hangs my helpless soul on Thee
      1. King Carlsen likes this.
    5. maak to
      maak to
      Blessed is the man who endures temptation; he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. James 1: 12
      1. ThinkSmarter likes this.
    6. maak to
      maak to
      If you think you can walk in holiness without keeping up perpetual fellowship with Christ, you have made a great mistake. – C.H. Spurgeon
      1. ThinkSmarter and Azzure like this.
      2. Azzure
        Azzure
        Truth! And if one thinks they can break the chains of PMO on their own without support from their Higher Power they’re also making a mistake.
        Jul 6, 2022
      3. maak to
        maak to
        Only one higher being has the power to set us free, my friend; the One who conquered sin, Jesus Christ
        Jul 7, 2022
    7. maak to
      maak to
      I need Thee every hour, Stay Thou near by; Temptations lose their power when Thou art nigh.
    8. maak to
      maak to
      Enough for me that Jesus saves, This ends my fear and doubt; A sinful soul I come to Him, He’ll never cast me out.
      1. ThinkSmarter likes this.
    9. maak to
      maak to
      The opposite of self-hatred is not self-love but humility. — Dr. Jeremy Pierre in Tabletalk Magazine June 29, 2022
    10. maak to
      maak to
      "I am the vine; you are the branches. The one who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for apart from Me, you can do nothing."
      1. GeorgeSherper likes this.
  • About

Translator. Theology Student
    Preferred Pronouns:
    He / Him / His
    I am a 36 years old male, a sinner saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. I was saved at a young age although I resisted the Holy Spirit and the teachings of the Bible most of my life.

When my circumstances were ordained in such a way that my life had become unbearable, I was left with no other choice but surrender. That was in 2019. The Holy Spirit enlightened my mind and I finally began to understand the freedom offered in the Gospel.

From 2019 and on, my life is has been about learning how to truly worship God with my soul, my body and my life. There is no area of my life that has been left intact. Relationships, leisure, passions and hobbies, thought and habit patterns... most things had to be redefined or rebuilt.

I have struggled and I still do with a very tormented understanding of masculinity. Although I have nothing feminine in my appearance and behavior, I struggle to make sense of what it means to be male (intellectually and mentally rather than physically). Bad role models and bad examples have destroyed many things in me at a very young age.

This in no way an excuse for my sin, but it has defined how my identity was built and my past sinful choices—I lived an active homosexual lifestyle for about 15 years before I repented. It also defines most of my struggling patterns today.

But the Gospel is for all sinners and God helps those who turn to him. I have learned, like Paul not to "conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." That is God's pleasure.

Signature

I wait for God, the Lord, and on his word my hope relies;
    my soul still waits and looks unto the Lord till light arise.

[​IMG]