1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by DBug

1. AndySky180
    AndySky180
    Poor Anton Yelchin!
    Jan 16, 2017
    DBug likes this.
  2. IGY
    IGY
    The first film was great, well written, well cast and funny. I found the second one implausible to say the least. The story line was thin and unconvincing. The latest one is so bad it is almost indescribable. Clearly, the wrong director was used and Simon Pegg is no writer (as his main contribution was to give himself as much screen time as possible, compared to Anton Yelchin for example).
    Jan 16, 2017
    DBug likes this.
  3. Lone_Wolf
    Lone_Wolf
    If you ask me, anything relating to TOS kind of sucks (other than Generations). That said, at least I found William Shatner entertaining in TOS. This guy playing Kirk now is annoying as hell.
    Jan 16, 2017
    Mitchell's Way and DBug like this.
  4. DBug
    DBug
    @AndySky180 Another one of 2016s many casualties...

@IGY I agree. I also did like the second but I've only seem it once quite some time ago and I may well have been blinded by Cumberbatch (I like him). It's true Pegg had many short and completely useless scenes and
    Jan 17, 2017
  5. DBug
    DBug
    I too noticed that Yelchin came a bit too short. I actually liked the first few minutes (we get a worn out vulnerable Kirk without direction - that was interesting!) but then the story turned out to be complete shit. The aliens appeared to being evil for the sole sake of being evil and
    Jan 17, 2017
    AndySky180 likes this.
  6. DBug
    DBug
    the unraveling at the very end although surprising was unemotional and just boring. Lassie (liked her although she's a bit of a clichée) got very much fighting screen time - for a time I wasn't sure who's the main character haha
    Jan 17, 2017
    AndySky180 likes this.
  7. DBug
    DBug
    @Lone_Wolf Ah I like him but that may well be because TOS was relatively long before my time. I grew up with TNG although I didn't watch it often. Planning on watching the whole franchise now though! Preferably before ST:Discovery starts.
    Jan 17, 2017
    AndySky180 likes this.