1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Ready to be healthy

1. FootprintsInTheWinter
    FootprintsInTheWinter
    Right on. Sometimes I feel males get wrapped up in masculinity to an unhealthy degree. Be whoever you are, masculinity and looks aside. I think the same about gender fluidity.
    Jan 4, 2018
  2. Ready to be healthy
    Ready to be healthy
    Totally agree with you! A lot guys can be so obsessed with being masculine or being "an alpha" that any sign they may have an attraction to men or even like something that is perceived as "girly" like Ballet or something and they freak out---
    Jan 4, 2018
  3. Ready to be healthy
    Ready to be healthy
    There is a reason that depression and suicide is highest in males (in the UK) and it's because they are more likely to unnecessarily stress about these things.
    Jan 4, 2018
  4. Ready to be healthy
    Ready to be healthy
    I think I agree about Gender fluidity too- I certainly hate gender stereotypes- I'm a guy and I like Unicorns, butterflies and such and my niece she loves dinosaurs, the Hulk, and generally gross "boy" things stereo typically lol
    Jan 4, 2018
  5. FootprintsInTheWinter
    FootprintsInTheWinter
    I think expression is key. Doesn't matter what the medium is. If you can express yourself through Ballet, express that inner, fluid motion, then who cares what you look like? Unfortunately, many do :c
    Jan 4, 2018
  6. FootprintsInTheWinter
    FootprintsInTheWinter
    I'm personally not really certain what gender is, and I'm not sure it's something that is really knowable at all. It certainly isn't confined to what we see on the outside.
    Jan 4, 2018
  7. Ready to be healthy
    Ready to be healthy
    I think something that it's important for society to separate is biological gender and gender identity- so many people can't get their heads round them as two different things.
    Jan 4, 2018
  8. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I very much agree with this, actually everything being said here :). For example I like Gilmore Girls the show, and I am not gonna apologize because I happen to like something that some guys may deem girly. I was teased for it, but I didn't care. It's just bizarre. One should be able to like something and not be ridiculed for it. I also very much agree on the masculinity bit you are talking about!
    Jan 4, 2018
  9. Ready to be healthy
    Ready to be healthy
    That is a really great example! Why should the fact that the show you like has a female led cast be a "slight on your masculinity" it's crazy. I get the same because I prefer Supergirl over Superman. Good for you for not letting them bother you :)
    Jan 4, 2018
  10. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Exactly, but some people see it as something only girls or women can watch. I also like Supergirl more than Superman. At least the show is much better than Smallville, all though I did like some of that show. I need to watch the rest of season 2, so I can get to where the show is now.
    Jan 4, 2018
  11. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Also when I joined a feminist party one of my friends said that I should be careful so I didn't lose some of my masculinity. That was a kind of idiotic thing to say. What to be a man I think it's up to the person who is it. For me being a man is being myself and true to who I am. I don't see how being a feminist will make me less of a man.
    Jan 4, 2018
  12. Ready to be healthy
    Ready to be healthy
    I love the Supergirl series but I also loved Smallville :P Supergirl is mid way season 3 now and just did an awesome crossover with the Flash, Arrow and Legends :)
    Jan 4, 2018
  13. Ready to be healthy
    Ready to be healthy
    Nice one on joining a feminist party! Shows how open minded and progressive you are! That friend of yours was really stupid for that as Feminism is about making sure there is equality for both genders, not about feminising yourself- I joined one also called HeforShe
    Jan 4, 2018
  14. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Is that the musical crossover?
    Jan 4, 2018
  15. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Thanks :). I joined it around may or something 2015. I was in their communications department, in charge of the website (my experience with Wordpress came in success). I was also talking to potential voters when we had election in 2015. It was a really great time, I had to quit though, because it became too much work for me.
    Jan 4, 2018
  16. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I also think at that point I was starting to feel the anxiety coming back. I didn't notice that then of course. But yeah. And yes you are right it is about equality, and I didn't much care for his comment (even though he is still one of my best friends, I just don't listen to him about these things). I think I always have been a feminist, I just didn't know about the word. What about you?
    Jan 4, 2018