1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice
PantherGeek7
Last Activity:
Feb 23, 2018
Manage Groups:
Birthday:
Oct 26, 1988 (Age: 35)

Share This Page

PantherGeek7

Fapstronaut, Male, 35

PantherGeek7 was last seen:
Feb 23, 2018
    1. Mike Hastings
      Mike Hastings
      Gotcha. How can everyone be a minister and not have content and scriptural interpretation start to roam?

This is always my question to my Protestant brothers.
      1. PantherGeek7
        PantherGeek7
        Essentially, new believers are raised-up by more mature believers so that they can raise-up other new believers. There's no formal education involved, but we sometimes have training seminars.
        Jan 24, 2018
    2. Mike Hastings
      Mike Hastings
      What is your Church and it’s stance on Same Sex Marriage?
      1. PantherGeek7
        PantherGeek7
        My church is called Grace and it meets on NC State University's campus in Raleigh, NC. It is non-denominational, but affiliated with an organization called Great Commission Churches (GCC).

Grace holds to most, if not all, of the beliefs of the Southern Baptist Convention. Same-Sex Marriage is not supported.
        Jan 23, 2018
    3. Mike Hastings
      Mike Hastings
      You should look into Ignatian Spirituality. Sounds like your on the verge of something great. Have you considered the priesthood?
      1. Deleted Account likes this.
      2. PantherGeek7
        PantherGeek7
        In my church, there is no distinct priesthood. Our church is a strong believer of the "priesthood of the believers", meaning that every member is a minister. Although we still have pastors and elders, they perform more of an administrative role within the church.
        Jan 22, 2018
    4. Deleted Account
      Deleted Account
      :

The community on NoFap is vast and diverse. Check out the

LIST OF REBOOTING RESOURCES

https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/50878/

You will find a support system. Look around the forums and profiles, there are many friendly people here.

Also, be sure to say "hello" on the member's profiles I listed on your post. Look at their profiles, find who they're chatting with and say hello to them as well.

* L
      1. Deleted Account
        Deleted Account
        :

Starting a journal also helped me a great deal.

The journals are listed by age groups on the forum start page. Most members run one journal only. That way both the member and others can go back and look at their journey at a later time.

Hope to read your journal soon. Also, in your personal details you can put a link to your journal. Then, appears under your avatar.

* L
        Jan 21, 2018
    5. Mike Hastings
      Mike Hastings
      I’m a conservative Catholic myself. Your on the right path. Thoughts do not define what you are and are not evil in and of themselves acting on them are. Since you have same sex attraction your in a unique position. What is it that God is calling you to do with this cross he has given you? Have you ever asked yourself that?
      1. PantherGeek7 likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. PantherGeek7
        PantherGeek7
        Over the past few months, I've been wrestling with suicidal thoughts.* Going through this experience has taught me two things - 1.) worldly pleasures don't bring fulfillment, and 2.) I need to stop living for myself and start living for God. After all, I gave my life to Christ, so it's no longer mine to take or destroy.
        Jan 21, 2018
      4. PantherGeek7
        PantherGeek7
        I've wondered for years why God has allowed me to struggle with same-sex attraction. It's so painful to see all of my friends get married and start families when I can't. I'm thinking that maybe God wants me to have a testimony that I can share with others who may be struggling.
        Jan 21, 2018
      5. PantherGeek7
        PantherGeek7
        * I'm seeing a Christian therapist and psychiatrist on a regular basis, and I have a very strong support system. I am not in imminent danger.
        Jan 21, 2018
  • About

Birthday:
    Oct 26, 1988 (Age: 35)

Signature

[​IMG]