1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

100 Cold Approaches

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by StoicContemplation, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Kowe

Kowe Fapstronaut

Did one indirect today in the street.

I decided I would return to my hometown to game after 450 approaches of gaming in other cities.

But to avoid burning the town or getting known as the local daygame guy, I have decided to go mostly indirect.

Yet today I really saw the flaw in this system, as my indirect opener was fake and forced (I asked where to buy a phone charger despite not needing one). I will need to tweak the system a bit. I came across like a mentally ill person and she treated me with patience that was more to do with pity and concern than any sort of attraction or vibing. I don't know if I'll be able to do THESE kinds of indirects again. It will have to be situational openers.

If I happen to see a girl in the street I want to chat to, I can still go direct. Why not. No fake questions. No pet shop. No lying. But in the daytime, I should focus on supermarkets and coffee shops while I can do more direct stuff in street night game and gutter game. I will experiment and see how it works. But the key is to reduce my spending and also obsession with travelling around to daygame all over the UK and never seeing the girls again.

1/100

2. StoicContemplation

StoicContemplation Fapstronaut

@Ghost79

It's a good thing that you're living healthy right now.

As for being depressed, I can only give you some 'bro advice' but that shouldn't detract you from potentially seeking professional help.

Do you think you're depressed because of the lack of female intimacy in your life? If so, then you should be cautious with the idea that just having a woman in your life will magically solve all your issues.

Ideally, you should get into game with a certain feeling of satisfaction with life. Besides, women sense it if you're setting a frame that you need her in order to be happy.

I know the situation is a catch-22 when being depressed is a pussy repellant and failure with women can make you depressed. It can feel like you're stuck and you don't have that Matthew effect of getting positive feedback. Try to break this cycle. If you feel dissatisfied because you hate your job, then maybe reconsider your career. If you feel anxious and fidgety because you're constantly checking your smartphone, then maybe reconsider your smartphone habit. I know it sounds simple, but it isn't. That's life.

I don't know how your approaches are and I think what matters the most is that you're able to approach. You're going direct and that's very commendable. But I want to know: how are your general conversational skills? In another thread you said that you expect something in return from your approaches. In reality, women don't owe you anything.

If you're having the mindset that women will just throw themselves in your arms because you introduced yourself to them, then you're losing more than you are gaining because it will only lead to bitterness and entitlement, thus killing the vibe that they find pleasant. You need to be more chatty than average where you can talk at length about random topics [something you can train].

Maybe focus on your ability to have smalltalk first and then try direct once you feel that you have a solid social calibration. Personally I think going direct works effectively if you have the intrinsic value to show for, either astronomic confidence or good looks.

Fantareality and Ghost79 like this.
  3. @Ghost79 Get therapy, eat clean, workout, meditate. And that's it you're ready to talk to women. Some people don't need all these things. But some others do. I do for example.
    Talking to women require a high level of well being. Otherwise you talk to them not to meet them but to beg for something. it's just natural. If you don't feel good with yourself you'll try to fill that void externally.

Relationships start with yourself first. Of course you can start talking to women and at the same time take care of yourself. You can do both :)

Fantareality and Ghost79 like this.
  4. Kowe

Kowe Fapstronaut

Went out and did some solo night game. Didn't push myself too hard tbh

Did a direct opener on a french two set. One HB7 and one HB5.
    They didn't hook

The HB7 was a bit more polite. I then did a maccie D's indirect one a HB7 but I couldn't extend the interaction easily

I saw a cute girl leave MCD's, another Hb7.
    Went direct and she stopped.
    But didn't hook

Even though I thought I made an ok off the cuff joke...

I said to her that I thought she looked Spanish, she said 'a lot of people say that' I said 'why do you look like that?' She said, 'I have French blood' I said 'I hope inside your body and not stored around your house' but I just realised I missed a great choice to expand on this 'joke' with the connection that she was a nurse. Possibly this whole topic is a bit creepy for a one on one interaction at night

I did one other opener. 3 set. All HB4's. They blew me out the worst. All a bit chubby.

I have some anecdotal evidence that chubby girls can be the meanest. They compensate for their own misery by being bitches in the street.
    So yeah I am not doing cartwheels down the street over that. I don't feel like high fiving strangers

I just basically approached a few drunk slags and a few girls in Maccie D's

But I think I can build this night approach stuff into my repertoire

It was also my first time to be out in the streets wearing my new 'bad boy lite' uniform

5/100

5. Ghost79

Ghost79 Fapstronaut

@StoicContemplation
    Actually I like my job and don't have any bad habits that I need to kick out. But yea the lack of female intimacy is what is getting me down mostly. I had a gf before and it was the best time of my life. After I felt unhappy once again as I was before meeting her even more.
    I think conversational skills is decent especially if the women invests in it herself, but when I feel she doesn't want to talk I can't bring the conversation anywhere even past a minute. Also I seem to be not be "grounded" well with my emotions at that moment when I approach a woman because there is still that adrenaline caused by my brain that is telling me im at great risk by speaking to a woman I dont know. But I smile and talk slowly to mask it and it works mostly as a wingman told me I look relaxed even though I dont feel like it.
    But I havent approached in a few months already and now its really hard to start again. I dont want to approach women while I have a bad mood or should I still go for it and pretend act that I am a happy person? Like fake it till you make it.

@Spirituss
    I am considering joining a yoga session and perhaps even try to chat up to the women there, can be 2 strokes in 1! ;)

6. Kowe

Kowe Fapstronaut

Have done a few recently

6 in nearby major city (with one horrible blow out when I uttered the line 'oh you're from China, you must be good at using chopsticks?')

Managed to get a number in my hometown a few days ago after 4 approaches in that day:

a post train indirect, a supermarket indirect, a street indirect got the number and a street direct
    Yesterday, I did 1 direct on a girl who ended up being a bit too young. I complimented her on her hair.

Today, I did 1 indirect on a situational involving a rescue truck outside (rescuing a pigeon or swan from the top of a building - pretty strange but not seductive)

I saw a much hotter girl with her friends who I was too afraid to approach, however.

Total

17/100

Numbers: 1

jcl1990 likes this.
  7. Kowe

Kowe Fapstronaut

Went on a date Friday night with a chubby gal. Didn't work out.

Did one night game approach after (which bombed)

Yesterday, went to a nearby town and did a few. 17 year old on a bench (too young). An Asian in the street (blanked). Hot girl in a shop (gave me a make a wishy 'awwww'). Girl in Starbucks (She told me she was training to be a midwife and I did have a good line about how 'delivering' a baby was a strange word choice when we give it right back). Oh and an indirect in the street when I came back in relation to some noise and commotion.

Not bad. Not great.

23/100

Spirituss likes this.
  8. StoicContemplation

1 approach today. 1 number.

Haven't done any approaches in a while. The reason is that I'm currently residing at my grandmother's house to study and write for university.

Today I went for a walk at the countryside and I crossed a woman waking her dog. I asked something about the breed and we end up talking for a while. A Greek-Italian woman who was already in her 30's I think but I was attracted. We engage in small talk and when things dry up I ask her name but I don't really suggest exchanging contact details [I was weaseling about the age gap or something]. I say it was nice meeting her etc. and then I continue walking. She says "Maybe I see you again." After she said that, I realized I'd regret it all day if I didn't go for the number, I need to grab my chance so I turn around and say "Look... if you want." and she spontaneaously says that I can have her number. She laughs when I give her my old Nokia. I said I use it for productivity reasons, but it would have been manlier to hold frame and own it instead of giving explanations.

Can't deny I got the overwhelming daygame buzz after this. Pure countryside "game".

Tomorrow I'll probably go to the city again [it's been a while] and it's likely I will do some approaches again...

Oh yeah... last week I suddenly received messages on WhatsApp from a lead that was already dead before it even came alive. It was the first number from this new set of 100, the Iranian girl I approached in the supermarket. She didn't answer my first message I send her the day after I approached her. 3 weeks later and she says that she's sorry that she didn't answer and that she wants to explain why etc. She says she wants to meet for a coffee.

Actually, I was at the countryside last week and I didn't really feel like going to the city just for her so I suggested next week [this week]. I refused to text her a lot but kept it minimalist instead. I suggested meeting Tuesday but then it died on the vine again. Yeah I could have gone on a date with her last week but I have zero regrets not going. I have put myself and my studies first. Don't let a girl you don't know dictate your schedule, because she's certainly not doing that for you, believe me.

I also remember I did a street indirect opener on a girl who left a snackbar where she worked. I will add that too.

6/100
    2 numbers

Last edited: May 16, 2022
    muhagg likes this.
  9. StoicContemplation

4 approaches today

They were all contextual/indirect... 3 in the library. A girl I recognized from Zoom class. A girl next to me in the library. A Chinese girl who sat next to me on another spot [pointing at her browser: "Excuse me, is that Chinese?"]. The other was in a print shop. A Middle Eastern girl with her mom. Don't really see the point in transcribing/describing all the interactions.

Intense emotional rollercoaster today...

First, the Iranian girl texted me yesterday [after I posted my last update] that she's up to meet me today at 2 pm but then there was a contingency that made her flake. She's now suggesting Thursday.

Also, the blonde local girl who ghosted me like 4 weeks ago suddenly bounces back with a message on WhatsApp, asking me if I'm going to the library. I actually was but I didn't go meet her. Didn't make myself available to her.

I'm now texting a bit with the Greek-Italian woman.

Will see where it all goes.

I need more/new leads though.

10/100

jcl1990 likes this.
  10. Kowe

Kowe Fapstronaut

Did 5 hometown sets last week. 3 in one day and a couple of randoms.

Than did 60 sets in London. 6 numbers.

89/100

Will elaborate more later...

StoicContemplation likes this.
  11. StoicContemplation

2 approaches. 1 date.

I had a coffee date with the Iranian girl. It was nice. This time I really gave the date a touch of spice. But this might have to do with the fact that she seemed responsive. At a certain point she was talking about Iran and said that dating was prohibited there whilst she was making a gesture towards our interaction. I interpreted this as a green light to go further than just talking for the sake of comfort. I was more direct and escalatory than the previous times. I tried to be more in the moment. Embraced silence with comfort. She might come to my home in a few days. But these things are all tentative, and I know that girls flake even after a date that went objectively good.

Like @Spirituss's recent post mentioned, it's only when taking away that pressure of your shoulders to perform that you can reach that natural state where things seem to flow more easily where you allow the femininity of the girl enter your masculine stoic frame. This might require a total metamorphosis of your personality and usual thought patterns, but it can be a liberating experience. I'm not completely there yet of course.

Approaches:

One in the library: a first-year law student. Situational opener. Was actually going good in the chat but I ejected. That's fine.

Direct on te street: was walking past 2 girls [caught them up] and gave a fly-by compliment about one girl's hair. One girl was touching the other girl's hair so I thought why not. I didn't 'stop' them for conversation and this time I made sure I was more in sight when delivering the sentence, although they probably heard the compliment before seeing me. But it was more 'smooth' than the last compliment.

12/100
    2 numbers
    1 date

Last edited: May 19, 2022
    jcl1990 and Spirituss like this.
  12. StoicContemplation

1 date. 1 kiss.

Went on a date with the Greek-Italian MILF. I picked her up with her dog and drove to a restaurant in my town where we had a tea/coffee. After that I suggested if she wanted to come over to my house. Once there we basically had an intense make-out session for an hour with her dog constantly getting all crazy. She didn't want to go further than kissing.

I'm going to refrain from describing this in a macho-bravado way though. It was just an intense rollercoaster where she didn't want to go further but then rubbing my crotch and letting me suck her tits, but then again showing resistence saying that I'm too young etc...

What a mundane countryside walk can lead to...

12/100
    2 numbers
    2 dates
    1 kiss

Last edited: May 20, 2022
    Spirituss and jcl1990 like this.
  13. Kowe

Kowe Fapstronaut

Nice to see SC crushing it.

I had a 2.5 hours idate last night with a Canadian HB7/8.

I saw her and thought she was very pretty facially and so I did the approach. We got chatting. She reveals she is in my hometown to reconnect with her long last father (Daddy issues is unfortunately a sign that she is more likely to be receptive to a street approach). She asks 'are you going this way?' and I say 'no, I'm meeting my friend in about an hour' and I invite her for a drink.

Suddenly I go from a guy with no Friday night plans to a dude on an idate that feels more like a real date as I sense she has no plans or friends or rush to get back. I pick out the first venue as a pub and we have a pint and get chatting. Not much physical escalation here. I did touch her hand at one point.

We go to the second location - a riverside walk. Just enough time for her to take some pics and then end in another pub for our second drink.

Here, I really escalated hard both verbally and physically. We talk about sex in some depth and as she is an artist and she shows me some highly sexualized pics on her phone. I also get some more kino in by commenting on her tattoos (while touching them). I also do a few compliance tests such as asking her to show me the tattoos on her ankle by taking her shoes off.

I feel that if I was a more confident playa, this would have been an SDL.

But I didn't go for it. My apartment was too messy to invite her back and I didn't think a street bang was on. However, I did not even go for the kiss. In my mind I thought, 'I don't want to kiss close' as I felt the like the date had a good climax with the questions game. She revealed certain things like how she'd had sex a lot in public places and I revealed some sexual info about my having lost my virginity at 14.

I think if this were a chess game, I set it all up to go for the check mate in the near future but perhaps this is all too methodical and I should have just gone for it then and there.

One conversation piece that I know she liked was when I broke the 4th wall a bit and talked about why I approached her, saying life is short and we never know when we will die so we have to go for what we want while we can.

I just wish this philosophy, which I obviously live out to a degree with my approaching, was also something I lived out in terms of pursuing sex more directly.

I have come such a long way but I still have some issues in regards for going for the kiss and bang.

90/100

As SC says, this is pretty crazy to think how a lame boring Friday night where I almost fapped and lost my nofap streak developed into a 2.5 hour idate.

But I feel frustrated with myself that I may never get a chance like this again for an SDL...

14. StoicContemplation

12 approaches. 1 i-date. 2 numbers.

Went to the capital city to do some direct daygame. Did it with a wing who I met on a pick-up forum.

Guys who have been following this thread for a while know that I usually approach girls indirectly. I ask them for non-personal information and try to derail it to a personal conversation where I build rapport.

I must say that I felt like a guy who was about to do his first approach again. I felt naked. Couldn't hide behind a fake pretense of asking for the "the closest supermarket". Don't get me wrong, I like indirect in my repertoire, but what's the point in trying to get better in seduction if you don't have the balls to say to a woman you don't know that you like her?

Arguably, direct daygame is the golden standard of all forms of meeting women. Because it's so damn hard. You take total control over the interaction.

The first girl I approached looked a bit annoyed. Name of the game. :)

Then we hit a mall where we each do some 'hit-and-runs' as a warm up, i.e. giving girls compliments with no real intention to engage in conversation. Like this you get into a courageous/social vibe.

I felt a lot of avoidance mechanisms. That's why going out with a wing can be good because you simply can't call off the session at the first sign of mental resistance. One of my problems is that I tend to take satisfaction when I just do a few approaches so I can call it the day and do the ceremonial update of my approach counter [I even felt this during the warm-up]. In the beginning we both kept suggesting other venues to go to, which I think was a form of weaseling too, thinking that going to venue X will solve the approach anxiety.

The wing was a chill dude, he didn't put pressure on me and took action once he was in the vibe. He did one of these ballsy 'front stops'. I did my first one too. Had a pleasant chat with a really pretty girl on the big square. She spoke my language so it didn't have to be in English. She rejected when I asked for her number. Maybe because she was with her not so pretty friend [she looked at her when I asked for it].

Instant date with a woman of mature age, but an attractive woman nontheless. She was looking at the shop window of a coffeeshop where pastries where displayed. My approach wasn't a strictly direct but arguably indirect-direct: "Excuse me, you look confused." We went inside the coffeeshop and she bought me a tea. She was a bit crazy though. I think she wanted to continue the interaction after the coffee date but I decided to return to my wing. I took her number but at that point I did as a matter of routine instead of genuine interest. By that time my wing decided to end his session. I was reliefed because I was honestly satisfied with today's work too. Overall a positive experience.

When I'm at the train station again, I still find myself in a social/brave mood so I go compliment a really cute girl. She was really in awe when I said that she looked nice.

Then I was waiting at my train towards home and I see a cute Morrocon girl walking around on my platform. When she passes me, I say something like [after establishing in which language I have to deliver...] "Excuse me, I think you look nice. I would regret it if I didn't say hi." [I more or less used this throughout the day] then I said something about her green outfit and how I like green because it's relaxing [stacking]. Then she says "So you like green?" and then we just get chatting. We get on the same train and she sits next to me. We both get off at the next stop and I continue the chat for a bit. Then I end it and number close.

Once I arrive at the train station of my home town I see that a cute blonde girl is debarking too. I contemplated an approach on the platform but then I thought I'd leave it because I did enough. Then I take my bike and ride towards home. She was walking in the same direction I was riding so eventually I gave her a compliment from my bike. I see that she didn't understand me and takes off her headphones, so I decided to stop to deliver the compliment again [said she had a nice jacket]. She smiled and said thanks. Apparently she was Polish and I do feel that there was no real reason to eject myself out of the interaction.

What I think is hard about going direct is to make that transition from opening to having a normal conversation. Once she asks you a personal question, it's really just about having a conversation. Keeping her attention after the compliment by making some playful assumptions is far from a picknick. One problem I had was that I asked boring interview questions like "Are you from ___?", "How long have you been here?". With indirect this problem was solved by rambling ad nauseam on the topic you opened a conversation about until she asks you a question. I tried some of the 'London Daygame Model' stacking routines like "When I think of France, I imagine you eating ___" This will probably take a lot of practice to get good at.

24/100
    4 numbers
    2 dates
    1 i-date

Last edited: May 21, 2022
    Fantareality and Kowe like this.
  15. Kowe

Kowe Fapstronaut

Just did one approach outside McDonald's on a 2 set.

Said they looked nice and tried to focus on enthusiastic intonation.

They were happy with the compliment. I tried some assumptions and stacking. They revealed they were law students. I used a canned line 'oh law. I'd love to be a lawyer just so I can say objection' and that was not appreciated as one of the girls ended it. I could have just gone for the number anyway, but I believe they were just 18 or maybe 17 so not very realistic prospects.

Sent a text to the Canadian from last night and arranged to meet her tomorrow.

I HAVE to go for it tomorrow. No excuses this time.

91/100

16. StoicContemplation

1 approach. 1 date.

I had a coffee date with the Morrocon girl I approached last Saturday. I think it's the first date I got from direct daygame.

She's really a sweet girl with values. She was really putting an effort in the conversation, asking me a lot of questions. I tried not to see the date as a performance but just be in the moment instead. I touched her knee sometimes, but no hard escalation. I anticipated taking her to the park for the kiss. This plan failed because she had to go back. Either way at a certain point I verbalized why I approached her. She also said that she takes interest in religion and I asked her if dating would be a problem. Like this I tried to allude to the fact that I have romantic interest and that I'm not trying to hide it.

At a certain point we reached a point of silence. I just kept eye contact and looked at her stoically. She laughed and took on the burden of conversation again. Normally I wouldn't be able to deal with the discomfort of silence and say random stuff instead. Embrace silence.

So for the last 2-3 months I had dates with 6 different women who I met through approaching. It's the end of the semester, and I'm pretty happy with that I've achieved [although one ought not to focus on results]. Sure, I could have done way more approaches but it's not that I feel like Schindler at the end of that movie "I could have done more..."

Although I've been dating in my home country, only one of them was Belgian. The others were Greek, Albanian, Greek-Italian, Iranian and Morrocon. It looks like I do well with Mediterranean/Middle-Eastern. I'm not going to lie, I like these olive skin women...

I'm now going to focus on my studies. I won't be approaching but I will keep eating healthy and exercising. Like this, the transition to get back into daygame in the summer won't be so hard.

I did like 1 approach today. Asked some girls for a pen on the train [although I had one myself, doing it for the sake of it]. I also opened up with a girl in the print shop, but I didn't really like her. I will merge these two into one.

25/100
    4 numbers
    3 dates

Fantareality and Spirituss like this.
  17. Very good mindset man!! Great to read all this

18. StoicContemplation

I appreciate your support and willingness to stick with me!

I just went for a walk in the forest. When two girls passed I said to one that she looks nice. She thanked me.

There's something pure about communicating to a girl that you like her. You feel alive. It's a win-win. You feel good, she feels good.

26/100

GigglingTrout and Spirituss like this.
  19. You're almost the only one here who takes action regularly (and alone as far as I know) and tries to get to know yourself to enjoy your life a little more, it's nice to read all this.

It's sure that complimenting a girl when you feel good about your life is seen as a real compliment. It's beautiful.
    There is a real difference between the beginning of this thread, and now. You seem to be freer. It would be interesting if you could share these changes on a personal level !

StoicContemplation likes this.
  20. Her: come my love
    Me: hi, are you talking to me?
    She blushes and laughs nervously a little. She was talking to her dog.
    I was in a park I could have probably hit on her but I was waiting for a girl to have a date with and she was just around the corner so it was a hard move to play.
    Still kinda funny moment.