1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

100 Cold Approaches

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by StoicContemplation, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Usually girls like more when you are a bit ambivalent about you liking them almost a state of you liking her and also you don't kind of vibe. A bit more detached, not too much, a little gray area. They don't say it, they can even say the opposite but it's what they like. They are weird.

They don't like things to be very predictable in love. By saying verbally you are attracted to her this can lose the mistery, they also like to see you a bit as a challenge. They don't like predictability or things to be very clear, peaceful in love, women love positive and negative emotions at the same time. You hear a girl talking and all are proud of their defects.

Yesterday, reading something about neurobiology of addiction you have in the addictive cycle

A. Binge/intoxication
    B. Withdrawal /negative effect
    C. Preoccupation /anticipation

Usually girls do this they give you pleasure then they withdraw at some point, that's a way they make you addicted to them. Even do they might not even know they are doing it.

The point is you are giving her positive emotions, sensations and at the same time creating a bit of tension.

Love is a form of addiction. It might look strange, but girls need you to be a bit detached and ambiguous so you create attraction which is build up in tension.

Even if you don't like this, they unconsciously will do it at some point so you need to mimic her behavior until she wants to be relaxed again.

But more than anything I'll say don't use fix rules to interact with women, each one is different and they can tell if you are simply following a script.

I think noone has ever fully understood women. For me I'm always learning how to interact with them its an endless learning that could probably end up teaching you all the effort is not worth it for what you get from women. But that is also a valuable teaching.

Women is the biggest illusion in this world so it's important to understand it.

But it's great you are starting to cope with your on emotions in the interactions just don't be fix in the way you interact with women.

goodnice 2.0 likes this.
  2. From my experience what you say is true for some women. But personally I have never been able to reach that stage. And I find this vision a bit unhealthy.

I prefer the vision, I take care of myself as much as I take care of others. It speaks to me more. It's more pragmatic. Taking care of oneself means doing sports, eating healthy, spending time with oneself.
    Taking care of others means being kind, empathetic, sharing happiness.
    Jt’s pragmatic. It requires some effort but everyone is able to cultivate that.

Being mysterious and not revealing everything is ego 99% of the time. And it prevents you from being you because you forbid yourself to say certain things that you think, just to create attraction. Sometimes it just hides a wound.

Having relationships with women is not just about attraction. A woman may like you just because you're nice, and you're you. That's enough.
    If a date doesn’t work sometimes it’s because
    1 - You want something from her and you communicate this need too much. You have too much expectations
    2 - you don’t communicate your desires with tact (or not at all) so the date ends and nothing happens

the truth is these issues can be fixed just bg taking care of yourself. By taking care of yourself you’re removing your insecurities, little By little.

I don't pretend to have all the answers. I respect all views. There really are no universal answers. Everyone has to find what fits them. But Personnally, thinking this way changed my life. Not just with women, I made so many friends this year since I changed how I see things

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2022
  3. Yeah I'll say most women are really complicated they have amazing qualities but also some moments of insanity that are difficult to comprehend. Even do one should always aim for the girl that improves your life.

But nonetheless women are women, they are the negative side of the world they complement us, we men are more happy positive, focus on growing. That's why women need men more than us need them. They crave our positive energy.

One thing you learn about dealing with women is seeing their true colors and start to lose the innocent idea they are angels.

And they can get quite dark, even the sweetest girl will show her dark side at some point. And one needs to be aware of it and act accordingly.

goodnice 2.0 likes this.
  4. Just see jhonny dept, will Smith, Elon musk, Jeff bezos.

They are certainly themselves around girls and have reach enormous potential of what they can accomplish but they have chosen bad girls to be around or have not been able to see clearly the women they have in front of them.

Learning game is not just about self improvement is about understanding women and been able to see her dark side and not be contaminated by it.

goodnice 2.0 likes this.
  5. StoicContemplation

StoicContemplation Fapstronaut

14 approaches. 2 numbers

I actually made lengthy post with some psychological reflections but apparently it didn't come through and my draft is gone. Not a catastrophe.

Will jot some thoughts down later.

46/100
    7 numbers

Let me just put this here:

"An important key to successful self-activation involves learning to adopt a scientific attitude toward the self-defeating predictions you make about your performance and abilities. If you put these pessimistic thoughts to the test, you can discover what the truth is. [...] Remember that even if you do fail, some good can come from it. After all, this is how you learned how to walk. If you can love and respect yourself in failure, worlds of adventure and new experiences will open up before you, and your fears will vanish." Dr. David Burns

It Is Possible likes this.
  6. StoicContemplation

Some thoughts on yesterday...

I went to the capital with my wing to do direct daygame.

Initially I was curious if the cognitive exercises I've been doing since last Sunday would affect my ability to approach. Besides, I thought doing some daygame would be a great opportunity to practice what I've learned with CBT. Cold approach especially tends to invoke negative emotions [or rather, negative thought patterns that cause these emotions]. Walking down the street knowing you will have to do it at some point... You can already hear the excuses and self-sabotage going through your head.

I must say that, despite not having approached for a while, I had less trouble with walking up to girls as opposed to the previous time. I felt more relaxed. When I was on the train to the city, I did experience some nervosity, so I wrote down some of the thoughts that went through my mind: "I don't feel like doing daygame because I will probably fail." I tried to replace these thoughts with more objective propositions like

"Not only is rejection inevitable, it's also necessary to come closer to success. And if I would exclusively face brutal rejections today, than that would still mean that I took action and risk, thus increasing my chance and allowing myself to learn new things. Besides, the previous time I did this I got a date and an i-date out of it. The evidence shows that I can get something out of it."

This did reduce my anxiety to manageable proportions. I don't think this is too different to what Marcus Aurelius did in his journal... Write down worrying thoughts and see if it passes the test of reality and logic.

Some of the approaches:

- first one was on the train platform of my town. The girl spoke French so it was hard to get a conversation going. When the train arrived I decided to end it although maybe I could have extended it on the train, but that would have been very difficult. Besides she didn't really hook, although she was open for the conversation.

- an American-Chinese girl who I approached indirectly. She was just in the city for 2 days. She started to ask me a bunch of questions. She was down to go on an i-date, but I thought that this would take away the incentive to do more approaches and I didn't want to leave my wing in the cold. Probably a mistake. I tried to number close but she said that she only had Messenger for now. I then suggested e-mail and she asked mine. During the chat, she asked me if I was free today but I don't really expect any mail.

- a Spanish girl I approached directly on the fashion street. She hooked and asked me personal questions. Number close.

- a girl on the train sitting on the seats next to me which led to the number close.

A lot of the other approaches were hit-and-runs where I had trouble getting to the hook point. Most of them were nice reactions and a few small chats.

goodnice 2.0 and Spirituss like this.
  7. PrioritySystem

PrioritySystem Fapstronaut

Excellent! Very wise lesson

This made me smile :D

8. Very true in 2 aspects, at least from my experience:

- Approaching women allows you to question most of the things you thought were true or untrue until now. Whether it's about you, about others and about the world.
    For example your mind telling you I suck, this is going to go wrong. And in fact everything goes well when you take action. Getting out of your comfort zone allows you to get closer to reality.

- Approaching women also allows you to confront failure, rejection, missed dates. And when you do, you'll look for ways to move on and keep going despite the negative.
    In fact, to be kinder to yourself in these circumstances. And the kinder you are to yourself despite the negative, the more fun it is to live, to challenge yourself. And the more fulfilling your relationships with others are.

all relationships with others, including women, are proportional to the relationship with ourselves. this means that if our relationships are unhealthy, there is probably an internal problem. It is always our responsibility. Which can be scary for a lot of guys. Because it means taking responsibility for your life.

9. this LOL i’ve been questioning why i’m doing all this effort, for what LMAO

10. StoicContemplation

Glad you’re enjoying this thread, goodnice.

The ‘hook’ is often referred to as the point where it becomes clear that the girl is open to your approach after you have broken the ice. This usually happens when she asks you a personal question. When this happens, you know that getting the number will be very likely.

goodnice 2.0 likes this.
  11. Phoenix333

Phoenix333 Fapstronaut

Chics like confidence! Just be yourself Chics also like 2 laugh. If you can make a joke or come up with something humorous you are in. Point is to just go with the flow. No need to try so hard. If there's some chemistry continue to investigate. If not, just keep it moving. Plenty of other women out there. One will click up to your vibe. Chics dig the masculine. So don't waste any testosterone wacking off if you're wanting to date.

12. BlueVest73

BlueVest73 Fapstronaut

I learned many important lessons which would take me too much time to figure it out by myself so that’s why I very much enjoy reading neatly written experiences (e.g., how to start a conversation, how to lead it, how to understand if someone is interested or not, how to hint making then ask personal questions…); so thank you Kowbe and SC!

There is another reason for me posting this reply other than expressing my entertainment and gratitude: a few questions!

Q1: I tried this “cold-approach” before but people tell me that sometimes I am too kind and think too much about the other person, so I try to include “Are you busy?” or “Do you mind if I sit down?” at the start. I get a mixed range of answers but I feel like this is putting me down in some ways. I know you haven’t mentioned much about these type of questions (unless I missed them!) but what do you think about these Qs?

Q2: Do you believe that novelty demotivates you from perusing a LTR? I feel like a LTR gives me more fulfilment, but there is always a more attractive and different person which can give me a little bit of adrenaline rush and dopamine which are addicting. On a side not, humans are not sims characters where we get to choose every single physical feature so I don’t see myself finding “the perfect one” even if I break up with my current partner over something extremely small that is out of anyones control which adds to the fire.

13. Phoenix333

Phoenix333 Fapstronaut

14. Hi man from my experience if you ask a girl if she is busy she will say yes even if she is not. Because she doesn't owe you anything, least of all her time. It's like saying I guess you have a boyfriend. That's the last thing you should say. Making « negative » statements about someone you don't know is like apologizing when you go to talk to a girl. Starting a conversation with "excuse me", you can be sure that the rest of your sentence will sound like begging. Asking the girl for something.
    That's not what we want. Meeting a woman on the street is not asking for something. It's meeting that person.

You can say something like "hi, I saw you walking and I wanted to come and say hi," with a smile. But always in that frame of mind of meeting women, not taking something.

about being too kind, I healed from this by working out, eating healthy and learning to live by my own, without anybody. It was long and sometimes painful but definitely worth it

goodnice 2.0 and BlueVest73 like this.
  15. StoicContemplation

7 approaches. 1 number.

Went to the capital with a mate.

After some daygame we went to a bar. He approached a group of 3 Korean girls. We then joined their table. After a while I had some kino with one of them, she immediately touched me too. My friend leaves, I stay with the group and another friend of me joins. At a certain point we go to a Korean restaurant. Afterwards the group splits and I take the girl to a bar for a drink. I spend the night with her at her Airbnb.

Technically this escapade doesn't fall within the cold approach challenge, because I didn't do the approach, but I feel pretty lame typing this. It's a useless debate and it feels that I'm telling myself to make a series of ritual bows before establishing what counts as an approach or a number and what not. For instance, the number I got from the day approach was an American girl. When I went for the number, she asked mine, and she didn't text me. Does that count? Who cares?

What I do think is useful is to reflect on some points for improvement. When going direct, I tend to tell the girl that I think that she looks nice, but I eject myself from the interaction pretty quickly. They usually thank me but that's really it. Most of the time, they don't necessarily give me an indication to continue the conversation, but they don't immediately walk away either. Maybe 1 out of every 10-15 interactions it's clear that the girl wants to talk and she takes up a part of the burden of conversation, which then facilitates the conversation [one could argue that daygame is doing approaches until you find that girl].

I always assume that if she's concise in her reaction, she's not interested. But maybe this is a faulty assumption. There are definitely some cognitive distortions behind this: mind reading, jumping to conclusions, negative fortune telling, etc. She might be shy and not the most social person. Maybe she's not used to getting cold approached during the day and is in a loss of words. I'm just a stranger of the street of course and I shouldn't expect that every girl I approach jumps in the air and asks me personal questions from the get-go...

I guess it's partly ego protection where, in a way, I reject myself before she can reject me. But on the other hand, doing these hit-and-runs are very useful as a warm-up and I'm still glad I'm finally finding the courage to be more direct.

I'm interested in your take on this, @Spirituss

53/100
    8 numbers

BlueVest, thanks for your kind words. Your first question has already been well addressed. In a way it reflects the same mentality as I have outlined above. Assuming that if the girl doesn't immediataly give you the things to work on on a silver platter, that it's game over. I think it's indeed better not to ask for permission, but to just talk and see where it goes. Yesterday I approached 2 Austrian girls, they seemd open and I said "I'm going to meet my friend for a coffee. You can join, but I would understand that you don't want to because, of course, I'm just a stranger of the street." In hindsight, I don't think there was anything good about saying that. I was basically telling them to reject me. Saying that "I know it would be strange if you would join me because I'm a stranger." implies saying "If you would join me, that would be strange." I see a parallel with questions like you've mentioned. Questions like that might make the rejection a bit less painful, but it also puts limits on what we can achieve.

To state the truth: I haven't really had the opportunity to get into a LTR with the girls I met through these cold approaches. Note that the first 100+ approachs were in foreign countries. It's only since March that I've been approaching in my home country. It may seem like a lot, but that's really relative. I took a lot of long breaks too. I'm not excluding a LTR at all. As a matter of fact, there is a certain desire to meet a girl I can have a realtionship with so I can 'retire' from doing this.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
    goodnice 2.0 and BlueVest73 like this.
  16. Hey man, congratulations for your night with this girl

It's a vast subject but very interesting.
    I have the same observations as you during my practice. In fact, the problem with direct compliments is that it can put pressure on the girl. For me this is the first point that prevents the moment with this girl from happening naturally.

In my opinion, to give a direct compliment or show your interest. You have to be in a state where you don't expect anything from her, and also communicate a lightness non verbally. That is, no tension, a smile and an openness to others. All this to take away a maximum of pressure. Because saying your interest to a girl in the street can be very heavy and communicate a lot of expectations towards the girl. This can explain why you eject yourself. Because most of the time, a compliment = expectations.
    You are the best at knowing how you feel at that moment. Personally, when I express my interest and feel tension, it's an unpleasant feeling for both her and me. And that's not what we want when we meet a girl in the street. You want things to be light.
    To be in this state, it requires a lot of well being and personally I am not always in this state.

I'm not going to list all the positive points of saying your interest to a girl. Of course it doesn't always work, especially if you communicate a tension. But for some girls it's just super attractive a guy who assumes he likes them.

In my first paragraph I tried to describe the "I don't need you" side. In fact when you say a compliment, you put yourself on the level of the guys at the top of the social scale. Something that 99% of guys would never dare to say because it involves the possibility of being rejected. It's way too much of a risk for any guy.You are communicating the fact that you want this girl.
    But in the eyes of women, communicating that is worthless if there is not enough detachment behind it. Because the expectations you feel behind that compliment, she will feel. Which is egoistic because what is that compliment worth in this case?
    And that's the real work. I want you but I don't need you. My well-being will always be more important than your approval. That's why I'm so cool, and why I tell you I like you. But I'm not making a big deal out of it. It's okay if nothing happens.
    Even if you reach a level of I don't need you but I want you bad enough, there will always be girls for whom it's just too much pressure. it has nothing to do with you.

I don't express my interest to every woman I meet directly either. You don't have to say why you're going to talk to a girl when you go to talk to her. You can just say hi with a smile and see what happens. And not justify yourself. You'll find that it's quite confusing for your brain, but it's fun because it doesn't communicate any expectations.
    It depends on your internal state most of the time. If you feel that when you say that compliment you'll communicate something else (like I want you to react well or your approval....) because you're not in a great mental state at the time, don't do it and take the pressure off by just saying hi. That's what I do and it works well with me.

I think it's good not to do the same thing all the time. But the real work is internal, you have to see it with all the practice you do (congrats again man)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2022
    StoicContemplation likes this.
  17. StoicContemplation

Thanks for taking your time to reply.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that I'm in a good state and I don't expect anything in return. The internal work is good enough and I don't communicate any neediness.

Then, I approach a girl and say that I noticed something about her ["you look relaxed", "I like your green shirt", etc.] and that I wanted to say hi, and that if I didn't, I would regret it all day etc. She seems pleased, thanks me and smiles, but evidently, she doesn't throw herself in my arms and is still cautious because she was actually on her way to meet her friends and I just abruptly entered her world 20 seconds ago as a total stranger.

What now? Maybe I'm thinking too much about this like it's a chess game but don't we have to assume the burden of conversation? Yesterday I said to a girl that she had a Mediterranean vibe. She said that she was from Morroco. At that point, I didn't really know what to say so I wished her a good day and she thanked me.

After reading your posts for more than a year I have good idea on what your philosphy is, and it's always a pleasure to read your take on things. I know you don't like to see interactions with women in terms of methods and techniques, but as an internal progress, and I agree. But how do you deal with a conversational stalemate that is so likely to happen? A situation where the girl is shy? Do you just start introducing yourself and ask her some questions, in the hope that she opens up [I know that 'hope' implies that you expect to get something in return, but you understand what I mean]? Or do you just state your intention and assume the risk of rejection?

Spirituss likes this.
  18. I don't have the creativity of guys you see on youtube. I often say what are you doing now? Even what do you do in life ? Conversation with a stranger is not my strong point. I'm actually comfortable with a woman after I've slept with her ahah.
    And often I have nothing to say. On the other hand, in these moments, I don't eject myself, and often I laugh about the situation. For example yesterday, I approached a girl and said hi. Quickly I had nothing to say. And after a few seconds of blankness I laughed and said "I come to talk to you in the street but I have nothing to say, where is the world going".
    which took away the famous pressure I mentioned above. I was able to be more natural and so was she afterwards.

To answer your last question, I do both. I show my interest directly at the risk of being rejected, as I do things indirectly sometimes.
    On the other hand, in both cases, I smile a lot, I have this state of mind of being open to others. So even if I'm indirect, the girl often understands directly that I'm not just coming to ask her a question. To do things indirectly for me means saying hello or something like "you walk fast" or whatever, something to break the ice.
    And she's not stupid. A guy with a smile like that, who comes to say hello. It's not to ask what time it is.
    Then I know I suck at conversation. But I know I make up for it with my smile. With the fact that I have no tension, no stress, and that in my head I want to meet her, even though I don't have much to say for this first meeting. So I think I communicate all that, at least I try to cultivate that. I'm actually okay with not having anything to say. I don't mind so I don't communicate embarrassment to the girl most of the time. I have nothing to say, I look at her with a smile and end up dropping a joke like "I really have nothing to say that's crazy.". I have accepted this trait in myself, I have stopped fighting what I cannot change.

Of course it depends on girls, there are also some girls with whom I am at ease and everything is fluid. But sometimes everything doesn't go as I would hope. And in this case I let the moment be as it is instead of rejecting it. It's not necessarily my fault and I don't have to be different from who I am.
    I just smile, I put my ego aside, and no tension, these are my rules.

I think I don't put much importance on the conversation itself. But smiling, bringing good vibes to girls, that's important to me. And it's easier, no need for creativity or words. Just smiling and an openness to others is enough. And if you don't say much it's okay, it can be cute in the girls eyes. Shyness, even begayment can be cute. And this girl knows you don't know her. She knows you're coming to talk to her and you're not going to talk to her like you've known her forever, it's totally normal.

It's not easy to answer your question, because we are all different. But if you ask yourself these questions, you are evolving. You're looking for answers. Which is really cool.
    If you're like me, not very creative and with a logical mind. I would advise you not to try to be creative, or develop your skills at conversations. Because that's not who you are and in 4 years of practice I've never been able to change that trait in myself. But you can accept this trait, which will turn this lack of conversation into a strength. And paradoxically you will see that you will have more things to say if you are less afraid of those moments when you have nothing to say. Not knowing what to say is not a problem because I don't see it as a problem. And if the girl leaves it's because it was meant to be this way.

The real regret is when you didn't verbally or non-verbally let her know why you were there. It's not when you had nothing to say, the conversation ended and she left. in the last case, it simply had to happen. You're not made for everyone and not everyone is made for you

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2022
  19. StoicContemplation

Thanks for being honest.

I took some inspiration in something you said:

I was texting a bit with the Spanish girl I approached last week. She wasn't very responsive to my texts, and that's OK. She doesn't owe me anything. There were some tentative plans for a date this weekend. But even though she's very hot, I decided that I want to spend this weekend on other things.

I also texted her a bit more directly. I said that she doesn't have to see it as a duty to go out with me. And that if we don't meet, that that's how it's meant to be [I was inspired by your post]. Then she said that I sound dramatic. I responded by saying I might be more serious than Southern Europeans. She finds this offensive and I say that I won't apologize. She now doesn't want to meet anymore.

If I feel disturbed by this rejection, is it because of the rejection itself or is it because of the way I process the rejection? Do I get disturbed, or am I disturbing myself? Why would there be a causal link between my emotional destiny and a rejection? Why would a depressive episode be brought on by a rejection in some natural way, like a tree that casts a shadow? There is no such thing.

Of course, I'm thinking "I'm such a fool! I shouldn't have texted like this!" and "If I texted her like XYZ, I would have had a date out of it! I ruined it!"

There are a lot things wrong with such lines of thinking. Statements like that only cause me to feel pressured and resentful.

"Irrational should statements imply you are expected to be perfect, all-knowing, or all-powerful. Perfectionistic shoulds include rules for living that defeat you by creating impossible expectations and rigidity."
    Dr. David Burns

Maybe this is one of the issues with the PUA paradigm. It implants the idea in your head that you have to follow a rigid set of rules in order to attract women. As a consequence, you will be constantly thinking in should statements because of the premise that you can totally control yourself, every girl and every situation so as to achieve each and every goal. That's unrealistic and only puts unhealthy perfectionist standards on yourself.

Like Spirituss said, a situation isn't a problem if you don't see it as a problem.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    Mob Barley, Spirituss and BlueVest73 like this.