1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

113 DAYS!! So Humbled! Gratitude to God and then the forum! Wonderful people!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by taqwa, Nov 16, 2015.

1. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

Gratitude is the best actions we can do to overcome PMO and transform into our personal best selves. Much thanks to@BushidoWarrior who started an excellent challenge that I encourage all to participate in. Check out his thread:http://NoFap.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-gratitude-attitude-challenge.47771/.

This list was inspired by a post I recently read. Enjoy!

1. Thankful for early wakeups which indicate I have children to love
    2. Thankful for a house to clean which indicates a safe place to live
    3. Thankful for laundry which indicates I have clothes to wear
    4. Thankful for dishes to clean which indicates I have food to eat.
    5. Thankful for crumbs on the floor which indicates I have family meals
    6. Thankful for grocery shopping which indicates that I have enough money to buy food.
    7. Thankful for toilets to clean which indicates that I am blessed to have indoor plumbing.
    8. Thankful for lots of noise which indicates there are many beloved people in my life.
    9. Thankful for endless questions from my kids which indicates their brains are growing
    10. Thankful for being sore and tired when going to bed indicates that I am still alive.
    11. Thankful for problems in daily life that allows me to call upon God.
    12. Thankful for PMO that has allowed me to meet such awesome friends here on this forum.
    13. Thankful for PMO that has allowed me to examine my life.
    14. Thankful for PMO that has allowed me to stay humble
    15. Thankful for PMO that has allowed me to be more empathetic
    16. Thankful for PMO that has allowed me to be less judgemental
    Note: Being thankful for PMO of course does not mean I condone or support it, rather it is feeling that will allow us overcome it. PMO is a scalpel that allows us to dissect our lives (if we take the time for self introspection). Stay strong! Win!

2. adam1992

adam1992 Fapstronaut

Congratulations brother!

3. Epic! This is great, man. Beautiful stuff :)

4. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

Thanks my friend! It is members like you that give me the motivation to keep going!

5. Alex10s

Alex10s Fapstronaut

what about your voice? has it deepened?

6. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

I'm not sure. It has never been a problem. People tend to enjoy it. I love public speaking and I generally get positive feedback. Stay strong! Win!

TakingTheSteps likes this.
  7. crazypaki

crazypaki Fapstronaut

keep up the good work dude!

8. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

Thanks for the encouragement. May we all have success! Stay strong! Win!

9. terminator1

terminator1 Fapstronaut

Thank you this is a great post. Extremely helpful for the rest of us working to make it to over 100 days!

Thanks for the encouragement!

10. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

You are most welcome. I am humbled and honored to play a small part in your recovery! I want nothing more to see you side by side defeating PMO and becoming your best self. Stay strong! Win!

11. cud

cud Fapstronaut

Man it is good to see the evolution of us - as we have very similar counter score. It can be a great motivation for others. If I could make it here - then everyone can!!!

taqwa and TakingTheSteps like this.
  12. I can do it!!!!

I can do it!!!! Fapstronaut

Great story yours Taqwa. It was a very gud motivational story for me.I can't say anything except a thank you.

13. cud

cud Fapstronaut

Man, you just do incredible job here!!! I would say this point in your list is number one for me lately.

Feels so good to connect with your soul - or at least I am trying and so far having those flashes of the soul and it is feeling like being hit with pureness - hard to explain. Slow process though but I guess FAP is what makes it invisible.

Everyone who struggle with fighting FAP right now, try to imagine yourself in days around 100 and feel your soul - that is something you haven´t been feeling since you were a child. Give it the try it is wonderful! And I am not the only one who feels it, or I am?

taqwa likes this.
  14. lionace

lionace Guest

I always felt it ... I always knew it... and yet I repeatedly forget it. Dear taqwa, thanks a big deal for reminding it to me! There's so much gratitude to give in my life... I finally want to find a way to make this a ritual - something like a prayer to my personalized higher being.

15. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

So true brother. I wish my story was more mystical. The fact is I am ordinary guy. If I can do it, anyone can. God knows how many times I have failed in the past. I was failing before many on this forum were even born. Stay strong! Win!

16. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

You are most welcome brother! I am most humbled. Your encouraging words mean very much to me. It gives me the motivation to keep going. Stay strong! Win!

17. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

Well said! I have nothing to add! I agree brother! Thanks for sharing your insight! Stay strong! Win!

cud likes this.
  18. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

You are most welcome brother. I am most honored to have played a small part in you reaching your highest self. Stay strong! Win!

19. crazypaki

crazypaki Fapstronaut

great to see you succeed

20. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

May you have much success as well. Stay strong! Win!

crazypaki likes this.