1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

13 months progress

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by nfnpmo, Jul 3, 2021.

1. nfnpmo

nfnpmo Fapstronaut

Hi, id like to share what worked for me which i hope will help and work for you too.
    I previously progressed around a year into nofap/ noPMO. Here are my insights:

What do i feel that got me that far?

1) cut out my typical trigger source (if uve been years of going through PMO, typically your triggers are from a particular source (instagram triggers, meme page etc));

2) take care of my sight, no looking at indecency at all and avoiding them at all cost;

3) supportive habits (cold showers, intermittent fasting, constant nofap videos, working out, contact sports);

4) passing that 1 month struggle (it gets easier after that);

5) educating myself about these bullshit habits that 99% people fall into;

6) constantly fixing my mindset and WHY:
    Mindset: understanding that triggers don't matter, urges aren't going to go away, what u need to focus is ur coping mechanism to handle those urges. Once u achieve that, regardless of what pops up in front of ur two eyes, u won't be bothered.

WHY: to be above my desires. to have everything under my control. to be maximise my potential in life. to transmute that energy into productivity.

On my next thread, i'll analyse on why i relapsed. Hope it was beneficial.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  2. Aram124

Aram124 Fapstronaut

This is very helpful nest year I wanna visit my family in June so b747 then I'll have a 1 year streak so I can be happy to meet them. My coping ,mechanism is that.

Anonymous86 likes this.