1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

16-BIT MEGA POWER!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Testify, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

Because Genesis STILL does what nintendon't.

This place is meant to be for those who still have that golden shiny 16-BIT logo in their hearts.
    The focus is on the Mega Drive/Genesis as the quintessence of the 16-bit generation.
    The focus is on love.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    skybrowser and diaspar like this.
  2. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

Hello friend, this place is meant to be for those who still have that shiny golden 16-BIT logo in their heart. That terrible 90's console war is over and we all know who won and who did not.

3. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

Again. This place is meant to be for those who still have that 16-BIT golden shiny logo in their hearts.
    That console war is over.
    This is not meant to be a place where to argue wethere the mega drive was better than the snes.
    Anyway, my point is that the mega drive was unique. When i look at the graphics, and partcularly at what the soundboard was capable of... i still dance at those songs... think at the music from the streets of rage series. And some games were just pure genius. When you think at the 16-bit style, the mega drive is the way to go. The snes was so superior that was in my opinion on a halfway between the 16-bit and yhe 32 bit generation. This is why i focus on the mega drive here.

4. unnamed friend

unnamed friend Fapstronaut

I sometimes play old games on Dosbox, I love the EGA graphics. It is true that limitations breed creativity, and despite having the limited palette of 16 colors, some games look beautiful. A great example is "Loom" or "Secret of the Monkey Island".

5. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

Dosbox? Ega? Agree that limitations breed creativity. In the sunset of 16 bit era,the mega drive gave us wonders (but this seems to be typical of every generation)

6. unnamed friend

Dosbox is an emulator of the MS-DOS operating system. EGA stands for "Enhanced Graphics Adapter", it was introduced by IBM. It allowed for 16 color display and a maximum resolution of 640x350 pixels.
    Here are some screenshots from the 1990 game "Loom":
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Testify likes this.
  7. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

So, no experience with the mega drive?

8. unnamed friend

I was always a PC gamer, the only console I had was a Pegasus.