Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Rebooting - Porn Addiction Recovery' started by narf, Dec 6, 2015.
Want to mark the occasion, going to double my previous streak. Lets do this!
Hey your a stud, congratulations champ
Good luck bro! you can do it.
Much respect for taking on a mammoth of a challenge - Good luck bro!
Lets do this together brother, I'm on the 180 goal as well
Good man! All the best!
I don't mind joining in either, if it's open to anyone. I'm going for 100 days but I don't plan on going back to my old ways after I reach my goal. So this can be a secondary goal for after I reach 100. Best wishes!
In all honesty, its the "never ending days challenge" because we don't just go back to P after we hit our goal.
That would be the most counterproductive thing i've ever seen lol
Yeah I've cause a lot of humiliation and grief because of PMO. Both to myself and others. I'm in the process of cultivating a dispassion for it, so that I never do go back. It's not the kind of person I want to be.
Are we able to not like porn anymore? I thought we were like alcoholics where we just can never be around it because we liked it so much.
In my case I'm following a much stricter path. It's basically monk mode. It isn't for bragging rights or anything. It's just the path I feel I need to follow.
To answer your question, it is possible to cool desire to the point that it no longer is necessary to act on it. It is then merely regarded as an impulse. I suspect that at some point the neuropeptide receptors in the body will be rewired to account for this new change in behavior and will no longer be set up to rewards behaviors that are sexual. I guess that instead it will reward the newly acquired behaviors of not being sexual. That's my two cents anyways.
Bro, read through my journal cool.calm.collected.
It shatters the lies of porn, and it also shatters the lies of the old world view of addictions like alcoholism.
I HATE PORN WITH A VENGEANCE THESE DAYS. You know what my avatar is? FC stands for Fighter Club, of www.fightthenewdrug.com which I just joined. I am about to get a street fighter kit and hit a local Uni and college campus.
Now I am just on this forum to entirely uproot the act of edging for the rest of my life.
Wouldn't touch the filthy life destroying crap again.
It can be done.
Here are some videos that are in my journal,
Here is a nifty thread if you want tips on this 'mode', http://www.yourbrainrebalanced.com/index.php?topic=14525.25
I am celibate until I get married, if and when that happens . 'No Arousal' method or monk mode is the only way to get a full reboot imo.
Cheers mates to your 180 day challenge!
Comin up on that year bro! Early congrats!
Thanks for the vids bro
Is sexual fantasy about real life women is fapping?
Unbelievable dude. GO GET IT!!!
thats a good question, I think you may want to hold of at least for a while because fantasizing about real women and actually being with a woman can be two completely separate things.
Oh and that would be related to porn, not fapping. Fapping = masturbating.
I quit porn for good over a year ago now. If anyone is trying to quit porn, I hope this acts as a sort of inspiration, coming from a guy who would PMO every night a year or so ago.
The amount of self control you gain can't be overstated. This 180 day M-free challenge to me now is actually something I do for fun.
I found during my 90 day PMO cleanse that I really loved the feeling of purpose I gained in my day to day life, a feeling that stopped the moment I reverted to M at the end. I want to see what the effects are by doubling what I managed before.
It should be noted that I still occasionally get a sort of 'flashback urge' to watch P, but I can control them now. This same urge is what I would previously have every night, and it is the same urge you are having.
My tips are:
- Take up meditation
- Join a gym, and get fit (even if you don't at first, I found one of the side effects of rebooting is an urge to be active and get ripped)
- 'Monk mode' in day to day life, i.e. don't give into the temptation to oggle girls. Try and maintain eye contact with everyone you talk to. This is a programme to re-invent yourself right? It will help with the rewire, it also removed social anxiety I wasn't even aware I had.
- I find that some things manage to tempt me back into arousal, such as ASMR vids. Although most are harmless, I know undoubtably that I will end up with my mind on something suggestive when there is an attractive voice whispering in my ear (this is a personal trap I've found).
- Set your goals high. The first few weeks, even days, are the hardest. After you get over the hump, time flies. You'll soon be nearing your goal and considering what to do next. Revert to your old ways? I found it is good set a long goal so that the whole idea of M or P or whatever just gets forgotten (and it will!).
In order to achieve these mammoth goals, for example my previous 90 day Hard Mode challenge, I found it useful to break this up into smaller chunks. I looked at it as ten 9-day chunks, much easier to achieve. After a few of these chunks it had become habit and therefore I no longer needed this support.
- Lastly, on a similar note, I would fully recommend Hard Mode (no P, M, or O whatsoever). It may seem daunting at first, but think, "What would the best version of me do?". You will feel the whole process much more satisfying if you can put all your habits on the table and just walk away from them, and you will feel like an absolute boss. It is the most thorough way I believe to aid your recovery.