1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

1st Date & I'm Nervous!

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by MontStar48, Mar 8, 2017.

1. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

Well, what a connundrum! :oops: Worrying about it will of course make you more nervous, which isn't good for making good impressions... and on and on it goes! :eek:

Try not to overthink things. Be yourself. I also find in times like these that it pays to put yourself first- ie don't feel that you have to be a certain way to make a good impression on this girl. That's not to say that you should be arrogant about it (I'm sure you're not anyway). But I find that I enjoy myself most when I go into a situation with zero expectations. Be it a party or a date etc, anything that involves interaction with other people, especially with women. If we have zero expectations (instead of enforcing unrealistic expectations upon ourselves as we so often do) then we're bound to have a good time, because there's nothing to compare that experience to. It just is what it is.

Anyway, good luck for your date. :)

2. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

LOL! She's probably amazing, but I find reserved and quiet people difficult ONLY BECAUSE for some weird reason I start to mirror that back to them. If THEY are really quiet I go really quiet myself. If they are relatively chatty, then poor guys because I can get hyper chatty!

But it sounds like it's going well, all the best.