1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

2 weeks - extreme sadness

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by okaph, Mar 28, 2020.

1. okaph

okaph Fapstronaut

Man I've been doing this for 15 days now, and I can safely say that I'm a mess. The sadness my being has to endour, feels ever-lasting.

How long must I feel like this? It's as if I'm on a boat in the middle of a storm, the waves are crushing in, as I try to withhold the balance of my boat.

For people that are addicted to this hyper-stimulating rush of pleasure. I think there is a parallel line drawn between ones sadness, and the height of pleasure utilised.

We are drawn towards activities that can numb the pain. We feel a sense of relief upon quieting it's grip. Therefore the mind occupies our existence with pleasures unknown. Hiding the truth beneath our very eyes.

I think this applies to any addiction.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    Deleted Account likes this.
  2. jeffmbaptist

jeffmbaptist Fapstronaut

Understand that you are going through hormonal changes as well as mental. We guys aren't as used to dealing with our emotions as our female counterparts. Give yourself the space to be a human. Give yourself time to heal.

Lol...I guess you could go shopping and eat a gallon of ice cream and cry if you wanted to. :)

Cheer up bro. Be patient with yourself.

Deleted Account and okaph like this.
  3. 12Paladins

12Paladins Fapstronaut

Well, you're no longer numbing yourself with PMO, and slowly begin to face up to realities. This is not a joyride. I'm on day 24 now, a couple of days ago I had a really rough day, suicidal thoughts came back and just felt like a mess. In contrast today was a fabulous day. Long story short, you've gotta hang in there. You're on a great path. Every day remind yourself of what you're leaving behind: the lies, the secrets, the shame, the guilt, the feeling of unworthiness, the failures of your life - whichever applies to you. And soon enough, things will start to appear brighter.
    Of course quitting P is not the end-all-be-all of turning your life around, but it is essential to swift and effective change if you're an addict / problematic user. How is your social life? Reach out to friends, call them on the phone. Reconnect with old friends you may have neglected for a while. I'd also recommend starting a blog here, for me it is tremendous help. Write down what's up with you everyday, share yourself. I hope you're gonna succeed. Good luck!

bozoj, Deleted Account and okaph like this.