1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

2 weeks in and having huge urges

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Iroh Ryu, May 9, 2018.

1. Iroh Ryu

Iroh Ryu New Fapstronaut

Hello Everyone,
    It's been two weeks since I started my PMO NoFap journey, most of the time I'm ok, but there are times when the urges are just terrible. I can hear this little voice inside my head trying to justify relapsing: "It's ok if you masturbate to mental images" "You've already done quite a few days, one little misstep won't make you lose all you've gained", etc, etc.
    If anyone who has passed through this is reading... When did you stopped feeling urges?, I know it gets better and better with time, but I really want that time to come.

2. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome! I'm glad you're here.

Let me tell you, from my own experience, no matter how urgent your urges seem, they are phantoms. They pass. So keep busy, give yourself other things to do. Boredom is the gravest danger. Hit the "pause button" -- tell yourself, not now; I will revisit this subject in 20 minutes. That doesn't mean permission to act out; it means, you will wait 20 minutes before even thinking about acting out.

Also, there will never be a time, I think, when you won't be tempted or vulnerable. But, yes, it can and will get better.

Keep coming back!

Iroh Ryu likes this.