20 Day Launcher

Discussion in 'Accountability Partners' started by snipergosh, Oct 22, 2014.

1. snipergosh

snipergosh Fapstronaut

I'm having mixed feeling about creating this. I was feeling hopeless and the feeling of doing it as a group in 10 Day Launches helped me so much in getting this far. But I don't know if it's being beneficial for others too. I guess for now I'll create this one until I hit 20 days. Then I'll decide what to do about this.

2. snipergosh

snipergosh Fapstronaut

On day 15 now. Phew! I haven't even thought about sex during this time. That's one big reason why I have lasted so far. I'll try to keep this up. Come on guys!

3. hope96

hope96 Fapstronaut

sorry, but may i ask what is a 20 day launcher?

4. welmwerth

welmwerth Fapstronaut

Heya hope96, I think it's a way to help those wanting to quit PMO by having smaller number of days to aim for (one step at a time). I've just done the 10 day launcher without PMO. Now I'm doing the 20 day launcher.

I just feel it being a bit daunting having to deal with big number of days.

Hopefully, that makes sense.

All the best.

5. hope96

hope96 Fapstronaut

Oh thank you for clarifying! See you again back here when I'm done with my own 10 days :)

6. welmwerth

welmwerth Fapstronaut

You can do it hope96.

I'm surprise to be on day 14, it's been getting tougher.
    I've added another week.

7. hope96

hope96 Fapstronaut

haha yes its been 5.5 days. more than halfway through! can't wait to join you here! :))

8. hope96

hope96 Fapstronaut

at last i have arrived here. the dawn of day 11. how's everything so far welmwerth?

9. welmwerth

welmwerth Fapstronaut

Heya hope96. Welcome and good to see you here. You're doing great.

I'm still here and moving to day 20. It feels like the NoFap and PMO days are moving slowly, but the "normal" days are moving quickly - haha, not sure if that makes sense. It's as if I'm existing in two time frames.

I've been tired lately and trying to work through some internal struggles. I might post something on my journal.

Keep going dude, even if it's one step at a time.

10. hope96

hope96 Fapstronaut

it's good to hear from you again. certainly been helpful having your encouragements along the way so thank you very much for that! :D

haha sounds funny to me though if your working days pass fast shouldn't your nofap counter days pass just as quick?

have read some of your struggles in your own thread. i only have to say that you should keep going down this path you have started and later down the roads (through the months, yes MONTHS), you will hopefully regain more vitality in life as opposed to how semi-/depressed you currently sound.

also, meditation might help if you'd care to try but I haven't been doing it myself cuz I'm rather busy with exams lately.

you're doing very well yourself as well. if whoever you're into is meant to be with you and has interest in you, they will stay by you over time. dun give up and stay strong! :)

11. welmwerth

welmwerth Fapstronaut

Haha, yeah it does sound weird with the days feeling both quick and slow. It's kinda hard to explain. I guess if I'm viewing it from a NoFap perspective, it feels like the days are dragging really slowly. If I look at it from my life in general, days are speeding by. Yeah, that's not quite clear : D

Good idea with the meditation - I've been trying to get into that. It's something that will help me to learn and live in the moment (or be present minded) as well. It's true that I have a semi depress thing going on, but with some basic meditative approach, it seems to help a bit.

How's your studies/exams going? I hope it's going well.

Thanks man and thanks for reading too.

12. hope96

hope96 Fapstronaut

Hmm my studies haven't been going too well. the past 2 days i was struck by lethargy and brain fog i suppose they are withdrawal symptoms (part of my rebooting process). As a result I have lost a few precious days of studying. I suppose I cannot do anything about it but hope everything will be better as the exams are concentrated in these 2 weeks.

13. welmwerth

welmwerth Fapstronaut

I can understand about lethargy, brain fog and withdrawal. I found this thread
    http://www.nofap.org/forum/showthread.php?24168-Rhodiola-(Herbs-for-brain-fog)/page2

They talk about similar issues and using herbs to help. Though, I should warn you about such things, as I have no experience with them and some might not be legal where you are.

However, one of the commenters (solebit) mentioned about vitamin B, which you can get as supplement or from eggs. Might be worth a try if you're not allergic. I take B and D, which seem to help in general (though don't expect a super boost).

I would also suggest cutting down on sugar (unless you have a med condition that requires it), alcohol and caffeine where possible. But, best to check with a doctor.

Sometimes it can be hard to deal with such things when there's stress involved. If I can think of anything else (besides the usual exercise and early bed), I'll let you know.

Best of luck with your studies/exams and this journey.

14. hope96

hope96 Fapstronaut

thanks for helping! :) i will aim do do my best for these exams!

15. welmwerth

welmwerth Fapstronaut

Heya, how are you going? Hope things are getting better. Hang in there.

16. hope96

hope96 Fapstronaut

Hey Welmwerth, it's good to see you again after 2 days off the forums. I have been fine, cleared of brain fog and hopefully it stays this way. Maybe it was due to the supplements I take to boost focus I am not sure. The coming week is the toughest of all, with 3 consecutive exams across 3 days and requires lots of time to study for. Other than my exams, things are generally getting along fine. In the following 5 days, I may not be on these forums due to exams so hope you are doing well.

How about you? Is everything going fine? Any ups and downs along the way?

17. welmwerth

welmwerth Fapstronaut

Hey hope96, glad you're feeling better. Thanks for your well wishes.

For me, at the moment - not much ups and downs, so I'm feeling fairly okay. Tomorrow onwards (for a week), I'll be doing some stressful tasks at work, so hopefully, I'll be able to stay calm.

All the best to you and your studies/exams.

18. hope96

hope96 Fapstronaut

Thank you very much. :) The stressful exam period is over. just a few more easier papers till the end. will be checking back here to help people out. Hope you've been coping fine with your stress. Remember to meditate. I find it helps me a lot to regain control over my thoughts and actions.

Cheers,
    Hope
    :D

19. snipergosh

snipergosh Fapstronaut

Wow it's taken me forever to stay clean for more than ten days and post here again. Day 11 today. So far so good. =)

20. snipergosh

snipergosh Fapstronaut

Got first real thought of sex today while doing a little stressful job. But I realized it quickly and got rid of it after a couple of tries. Didn't have any further issues after that. Thank God. 13 Days in. =)