1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

21 days and tempted

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Majorjsf

Majorjsf Fapstronaut

I'm about to make 21 days PMO free tonight and suddenly I'm tempted like crazy. I've been praying and keeping busy. It's worked so far, but I'm struggling. Thoughts? Maybe it will just pass?

I'm really hoping just confessing this might help!

G0ReadAB00k likes this.
  2. I'm glad you reached out!

We do not control when temptation. We DO control our response to it. Take every tempting thought captive and run it by the Spirit for help finding the lie in it. There will always be at least one. Then replace this lie with the truth of Christ. Focus your attention on the truth and not the lie. Live in the Truth.

Refuse to act on the temptation. You always have a choice. Do not give in to what you are tempted to do. Instead, endure in truth. If this means sitting still and doing nothing while the waves of temptation wash over you, then do that. You do not have to give in. You can choose differently. Meditating on the truth will help give you a vision for what life free of PMO looks like. Do not go back!

Temptation will pass. It always does. The lie is that it will be like that forever, but this is not true. Wait it out.

G0ReadAB00k and Majorjsf like this.