1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

24 yo 60 days motivational!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by sknnyjns, May 14, 2017.

1. sknnyjns

sknnyjns Fapstronaut

Ok so at first i wasn't gonna post this until i reached 90 days but i figured that alot of you could maybe benefit from this post.

So i am 24 years old and addicted to pmo since i was 10/11 (so for more than half of my life!). Well i wouldn't say addicted to o and I Will come back to that in a minute and I also didn't realise that i was addicted until 21 days or so in this current streak. I thought it was just a bad habit and for the last 3 or 4 years i would maybe only pmo 1 or 2 times a week. Now i know that so far this post is not that original and that a lot of you guys started at a young age and that some of you think that you are addicted and some like me think it is just a bad habit. But by observating myself through this reboot i found something interesting and I have found some kind of theory that works for me and prefends me from relapsing so maybe it does for you 2.

Because I always need the bigger picture, why am i doing something, what is the effect gonna be of this that you telling me know or what i am doing now. And with starting nofap i didn't got that at first. Because Well i understood that pmo was causing me some problems and that if i stopped them then those problems went away, but something in the back of my mind always felt that it wasn't the whole picture. Because when I thought about no pmo for 90 days somehow in my mind the problems werent really solved, like after the 90 days then what? But i couldn't really wrap my head around why i it wasn't making sense because Well pmo caused a problem so if i erase the problem then Well problem solved. But pmo isn't really the problem. And what i'm gonna say now is not gonna make sense at first but hear me out: o is the problem. But pm is not the solution, it only creates a new problem(s).

Now i know a lot of you will not agree with me and I also don't mean it like you think i mean it because the urge to o, to spread our genes is to reason we still exist and survived. But hear me out a little bit more. We get these first urges for o when we are really young and we are not really getting sexual active for the first years we get those urges. And we don't need to because our brain comes up with a great solution: m and eventually p Will follow to stimulate it. But then when we get to an age where we can be sexual active we don't have to be as active anymore because we have p and m. And also because we p and m we disconnect ourselves from the real world and get more disconnected over time and this causes new problems and we try to solve them with what caused the problem in the first place: p and m. Because our brain has so many connections to that addiction by now and because your brain thinks that it is the solution for o so it can also be the solution for your anxiety, stress and if you need an dopamine boost but your brain forgets that those issues are caused by pm and that is how we get in a negative visious circle.

P and m are a part time 'solution' it only reacts to your urges now but it isn't long term, thats why this addiction makes us not thinking and caring about the future because we don't need to. We don't need long term relationships, goals and commitments because they don't fit with our unhealthy short term lifestyle.

O, the urge for making love for connecting with another human being for spreading or gene is actually long term, why? Well what happens 9 months later.. And also the connection it makes with the other human being is long therm.
    When we feel the urge to o our brain connects that to pm. Instead of connected it to the real healthy making love. And thats why we need to reboot in the first place but if we don't connect the brain afterwards to the real deal than eventually when feeling the urge to o it will go back to what it was used to.

So my point is: you are not rebooted when you free of p and m. You are only fully rebooted when you can o in a healthy way because otherwise eventually you Will fall back to your short therm 'solution'. And it is not a shame if this takes you a long time to achieve and don't be afraid of it, but it just prefends you from getting disappointed after you are free of p and m and you realise that still something is missing.
    Well at least that works for me. For myself my goal is to go first at least 90 days without p and m but I'm only fully rebooted for myself when I can o in a healthy way. And if i feel the urge to o my brain connects that to making love. For me it is much clearer now and I have a clear goal that i am aiming for. I hoped this all makes a little bit sense haha.

The last 60 days have been amazing, i'm becoming my human self again. It's like going through puberty all over again. I have no anxiety anymore, are more connected to other people not just women im attracted to but People in general and I feel like i have control of myself again.

I have a long way to go but im on the right track! I want to say thousand more things but this post is already to long so i will leave it at this, if you have any questions feel free to ask and don't quit yourself for the short term fix but keep focusing on the long therm!

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  2. jack barnard

jack barnard Fapstronaut

Wow that was so motivational to read, thanks a lot can't wait to write up something similar when I get to 60 days let alone 90 days!!

sknnyjns likes this.
  3. sknnyjns

sknnyjns Fapstronaut

Good to hear that my post helped you! Congratz on your 26 days, almost 30! Just keep going and you will be at 60 and 90 days before you know it! Just don't forget why you started this in the first place! The further you get in your streak the more important it gets to remember why you are doing it and How life was before nofap. Keep it up!

4. sparkywantsnoPMO

sparkywantsnoPMO NoFap Moderator & Yeoman

And that's getting added to my Sage advice links. Great information. Thank you.

5. sknnyjns

sknnyjns Fapstronaut

Nice man thanks!