25 like limit per 12hrs LAAAAMMME

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support and Feedback' started by Star Lord, May 12, 2017.

1. NF SINCE BIRTH

NF SINCE BIRTH Fapstronaut

I just reached the 50 likes/12 hour limit. It took me less than an hour of reading. It seems a little low, especially when I am reading trough pages of daily check ins in the 90-day reboot thread.

Low and Deleted Account like this.
  2. NF SINCE BIRTH

NF SINCE BIRTH Fapstronaut

There must be better ways than to restrict the amount of likes like this. It would probably be better to just remove the like option altogether then. Maybe instead remove the possibility of liking content in certain threads? I can get why these restrictions got invented but I think what seems like a good idea on paper in reality seems a little off in this case.

3. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Whatever.
    Take all my fun.

I don't care anymore.
    There's a limit on profile posts now too?

Wtf

4. You can have fun all over the place on the internet. This is serious shit! The content of what's written is paramount.

5. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

I guess I'm not active enough to hit any sort of limits. :eek:

6. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

It's all a big conspiracy

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Oh look the feature for images in signatures is back (on my account).

Well good.
    I have a new one it's funny as hell.

I know I was being restricted. Nothing gets past my blind eyes.
    Sucking ducks.

And there's no way in this damn earth this new gif can trigger addictive responses from repetitive images.

Even my last one couldn't.

Someone just didn't like the fact I had 1 gif that was 2 individual moving pictures.

8. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

It's gone again. Bloody hell.

9. Nikolai

Nikolai Moderator Assistant Staff Member Moderator Assistant

You know, personally I would suggest that the how many likes someone has, to be put private, so that only the user himself can see the likes he got from others. In the past I have found myself posting something just to collect likes. This isn't the purpose of NoFap.

10. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

It's not a limit on receiving. It's a limit on giving.

I like liking other people's posts and now I'm limited.

11. Star Lord and Deleted Account like this.
  12. [​IMG]

there is a section to view *just* what people are posting on statuses and threads its called "postings"

13. i feel like if we're going to take away likes (for good as some people are suggesting here)/ gifs as signatures for the reasons stated then we should also take away the gif/meme/ photo threads as well as most of the threadss especially the " the off topic thread"..also even, religious threads where debates are (unless the religious threads are just for prayer requests ).
    how is talking about our favorite salad dressings, weather, conspiracy theories, evolution, politics..going to help? thats not at all distracting?
    anddd then i propose that we should just have our normal journal threads/ success stories/ advice and tips thread about battling PMO addiction and some other things *just* centered on PMO battling.
    then it will be really serious and straight to the point. also our statuses should be monitored to only postings about pmo battling or asking for encouragement.
    no distractions ~ loll *hides*

Star Lord and Deleted Account like this.
  14. Fap_Doc

Fap_Doc Guest

Nobody cares what you like.

15. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Is this the part where I cry :)

16. Fap_Doc

Fap_Doc Guest

No. Twerk.

17. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

That I can do.

18. Username1021

Username1021 Fapstronaut

Personally I just give likes as a means of encouragement, especially to new users who have only just started Nofap or to accounts that are rarely noticed. I can still remember feeling quite happy at the first few likes I received on Nofap, and I don't want people to miss out on this because I've used up my like quota. Granted, the most important thing is probably posting something encouraging for new users though, and I do sometimes use likes as a substitute for giving actual encouragement if I'm feeling lazy, so maybe this could have some use.