25, USA, interest in Discord server

Discussion in 'Accountability Partners' started by pfibbsfx, Jun 26, 2018.

1. pfibbsfx

pfibbsfx Fapstronaut

(xpost from /r/nofap for visibility)

---
    Pfibbs here, on another day 1. I haven't been right for awhile.. since submitting /r/NoFap/comments/7uq9k4/day_1_in_memoriam/ a few months ago I've alternated between small streaks and skids. I struggle with being active on this sub, but today I opened it up for a brief read. What stood out to me was the handful of posts about accountability. What I see is people like me, looking for a more personal way to bond over nofap, offering support and enjoying little victories.

I've done accountability before as direct messages on Reddit, and it worked alright at first, but the way Reddit does direct messages made the conversation choppy, so we suffered lapses in conversation and eventually relapses in our nofap journey. I think I'd like to try a different medium, and I'm curious how many others feel similarly. I did a quick search for anonymous chat apps, and Discord was a popular choice (and has also been named in similar accountability posts on nofap).

Some of the posts:
    /r/NoFap/comments/8t0npi/looking_for_accountability_partner_for_discord/
    /r/NoFap/comments/8qcaog/looking_for_an_accountability_partner/

So... would it interest (enough) others to have a small-ish group where we can hang out, chat about our lives, and occasionally any nofap business that we want to share? I think that ~10 users could be a really good size once things are up and running, assuming we're at similar enough points in our lives (for example, I'm 25, have been at this for ~6 years, and live in the USA). If this post speaks to you and you would like to join, let me know. Maybe also write your age and location so we can more confidently match up.

If there's a reasonable amount of interest, I'm happy to setup a server and be responsible for keeping things working. If there's only a very small number who are interested, maybe we can work out something else. And optimistically, if there's too much interest, we can just break up into medium-sized groups. So if you're a different age/location, we could try to group you with others like you, so it's more natural to connect.

Thoughts?
    ---

/r/NoFap/comments/8tyxmh/accountability_interest_in_discord_server/

c0rn_r00t likes this.
  2. Derri

Derri New Fapstronaut

I'd love to my dude. Inbox me.

3. RogerDodger

RogerDodger New Fapstronaut

I am down for that. DM me. I made one of my own, but I'll join yours :D

4. pfibbsfx

pfibbsfx Fapstronaut

Cool, decent interest is brewing here. Hope to find a couple more folks to join, will create the group within the next day or two!

5. xavieryorick

xavieryorick Fapstronaut

I would like to be a part of this.

6. pfibbsfx

pfibbsfx Fapstronaut

Bumping this back up to the top. We created the group last week and it's been going pretty well. Currently we have ~4 active members and several more inactive ones. If you'd like to join, please let me know!

7. xavieryorick

xavieryorick Fapstronaut

I'm in the group. I've only come a few times though.

8. Will S

Will S New Fapstronaut

Hey pfibbsfx,
    I'd love to join this group! Please let me know the details for the discord server and I'll be a worthwhile member.

9. Tacitus

Tacitus Fapstronaut

I’d be interesting in joining. Male, 25, Canada. Feel free to send details to my inbox.

10. KurosuX

KurosuX Fapstronaut

Hi pfibbsfx, I'm also interested in joining the group.

11. Bigbadwolf

Bigbadwolf Fapstronaut

Im down to join. Inbox me for details

12. Arcyes

Arcyes Fapstronaut

Im in as well, still havent found a group

13. RememberWhyWeQuit

RememberWhyWeQuit Fapstronaut

Hey i'm interested to join if you need a few more.

14. Will S

Will S New Fapstronaut

Just bumping this again - Would love to get this going

15. Tacitus

Tacitus Fapstronaut

Haven’t heard anything on this in a bit - would anyone be interested in a Kik group? I think I’m going to start one. If you’re interested just send me a message. If this discord server gets going then we can always switch over to that.

16. Tacitus

Tacitus Fapstronaut

Oh look at that. Discord is free. I just created my own server. If you message me let me know what you prefer? Always happy to move over to pfibbsfx’s server but I haven’t heard from him yet.

17. pfibbsfx

pfibbsfx Fapstronaut

Sorry everyone, I had a busy week and didn't keep up with this forum! I'll send out invites (though we're nearing capacity, so it might be nice if Tacitus or someone else is able to get a second server going).

18. pfibbsfx

pfibbsfx Fapstronaut

Alright, TheNewLeaf is in as well. I'm going to hold off on adding anyone else in the short-term, though, so we can avoid growing too quickly. The group is going well so feel free to start your own in the meantime!

19. LiberalBasil

LiberalBasil New Fapstronaut

Hey, is there any group I can join? 27, US. Taking up Working out and reading non-fiction as well.