1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

250+ Day Update

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Keys2TheCastle, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Keys2TheCastle

Keys2TheCastle Fapstronaut

I'm climbing out of my tomb to update the community on how my life has been since I last left off. I passed 250 days earlier this week and I am very proud of myself. I feel like I'm kicking a bad habit that's been building over the years into the ditch.

First thing's first: relationships and connections. I'm in my second to last (hopefully) semester of undergraduate school. In my classes, I've gotten to meet a handful of people that I hold near and dear to my heart. The most significant person I can say allowed me to come out of my shell and truly be myself is this guy I'll call Dai. Dai is a wonderful person who's 7 years my senior whom I met my first semester at school. He always knows what to say to make me feel safe and secure. He's such delightful company and he gives good hugs. Not only that, but Dai's experience and advice when it comes to being openly LGBT+ (Dai is a demisexual trans-man) really helped me figure out my own sexuality and gender identity (I'm experimenting with genderfluidity because I have dysphoria and I think that I may also be demisexual). I really, really love him, so much so that I'm low-key crushing on him (but I won't get into that now).

Second: creativity. While I haven't been working on any musical projects at the moment, I found my passion with poetry with a class I'm taking this semester. I'm actually going to be published in my school's literary magazine come this fall, which I am very excited about because only three students can win the undergraduate poetry contest and all other submissions are from people not affiliated with our school. I've been writing poetry and prose and I feel like I want that as my career; to be a writer.

Third: mental health. Here's where things get complicated. While I'm overall better mentally, I can't help but think about more recent experiences that have knocked me down emotionally because of my mental disorder. I vented to my mother about my worries of being alone after undergraduate school, just like what happened when I left community college. I'm going to work on leaving those intrusive thoughts in the wayside during this set of circumstances (i.e social distancing).

I know this is an info-dump of a success story, but I hope that these revelations in this update might inspire others to keep up the good work and to build solid connections with people you trust.

TheFlash123 likes this.
  2. PowerfulSRE

PowerfulSRE Distinguished Fapstronaut

Thank you for sharing mate. 250 days is awesome, keep going!