3 conclusions about the creator (God)

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. SuperPowers

SuperPowers Fapstronaut

Let's call the creator God if you like.

1) Without direct experience of the creator, we can never know anything about the creator. In fact, without religion, we cannot even have a concept of God. The truth is that "God" is a figment of your imagination and or passed down from parent to child through religion.

2) There is no creator (God) given purpose. Where is it? You make your own purpose, and the purpose of your life is just to be happy. The question is how? Spend your time on that.

3) The only thing giving this life value is that you are mortal and you will die one day. That's all we know.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  2. JakeWoods

JakeWoods Fapstronaut

I don’t remember the exact quote but it went a little something like this...

“An intelligent man knows that he knows nothing.”

As much as you try to convince yourself that you “know” this or “know” that. The truth is you’re never 100% certain of anything.

Now whilst I myself do not believe in a God. I am not so naive to dismiss it entirely.

I agree with you on all 3 points that you mentioned

Number 1 - Religion is still prevalent because of child indoctrination. If parents didn’t force their kids to follow the same religion. Religion would quickly die out.

Number 2 - Yes you make your own purpose

Number 3 - Even if there is a heaven. You should live as if there isn’t. Get everything you want done, enjoy your life as much as possible.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    ⏳⏳⏳ and Mr. McMarty like this.
  3. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

At least (it seems) you didn't completely denounce the reality of there being a God ;).

Max Fisher likes this.
  4. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    All your other points hinge on this

Castielle, White Sheep and vxlccm like this.
  5. need4realchg

need4realchg Fapstronaut

1). I have always wondered ... do nihilists even know they’re alive ?

2). Does anyone see that existentialism needs “a Godly order” of humankind in order to claim that they exist without one?

3). Heaven versus nothingness?? Just like darkness needs the sun to “claim” darkness exists. If there were no sun, would anyone be able to notice the darkness?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    vxlccm and SuperFan like this.
  6. Bombadil

Bombadil Fapstronaut

OK, just something to think about: Assuming (!) that there is a God, how would this entity make itself known to humans? If you have a being of infinite complexity, what does it look like to humans who are finite? The only things we can understand about God are the things that God chooses to reveal to us. We have a lot of human stories about what we think this experience of God looks like, or discussion of what that means for us today (some of it undoubtedly wrong) which is (for want of a better term) religion. However, the fact that literally every culture that ever existed has / had some concept of the spiritual / numinous / divine would suggest that there is a shared experience that is hard to explain otherwise.

dethly likes this.
  7. ⏳⏳⏳

⏳⏳⏳ Fapstronaut

Could you describe what existantialism is?
    Or that almost everybody is willing to believe anything no matter how ridiculous if it would mean that death is not their end.

8. need4realchg

need4realchg Fapstronaut

A movement in twentieth-century literature and philosophy, with some forerunners in earlier centuries. Existentialism stresses that people are entirely free and therefore responsible for what they make of themselves. With this responsibility comes a profound anguish or dread. Søren Kierkegaard and Feodor Dostoyevsky in the nineteenth century, and Jean-Paul Sartre, Martin Heidegger, and Albert Camus in the twentieth century, were existentialist writers.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/existentialism

9. Camelon

Camelon Fapstronaut

Im from very tight religious family
    But still need to find god on scientific basis not by inheritance.
    The idea that there's someone who has the utmost control of everything is temptating to some of us. To return ur failures ur success to him, so why we have minds then, we r not robots to that assumed *God*. These ideas hits me now&then. If my family knew that, i may be outcast.

need4realchg likes this.
  10. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I don't agree with that. There will always be people who have a religion no matter what their parents believe. I've heard in some case atheist parents who force their atheism on their kids become religious.

vxlccm and need4realchg like this.
  11. ⏳⏳⏳

⏳⏳⏳ Fapstronaut

You contradict yourself. It is impossible to "force atheism" on somebody who hasn't already become religious.

12. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

Religion is an abomination that is not from God. God exists and the scriptures and the geology and archeology and history and science CONFIRMS it. God's GRACE is greater than religion. Religion means "no people" because 're' is a prefix for cancellation and 'ligion' means a lot of people. It's been designed to sow chaos in communities.

13. ⏳⏳⏳

⏳⏳⏳ Fapstronaut

Ok.
    I have some bad news. You just described a religion.

14. EXPONENTIALLY

A free belief isn't a religion. Religion is an institution that feeds off of money and members through fear via a work-based salvation type of forced belief, hence Catholic inquisitions, Muslim terrorism, etc.

need4realchg likes this.
  15. ⏳⏳⏳

⏳⏳⏳ Fapstronaut

When the OP said that God needs religion to exist, what he meant was religion as a system of belief which includes god(s). That would include your faith even if it's purely personal and spiritual.

16. EXPONENTIALLY

The concept of God depending on a person's belief is a logical falacy, it's an erronous concept since God is the Creator that was already and will be forever and ever. Therefore, fallen man's corrupted religion has nothing to do with my own sincere faith in the free gift of eternal salvation that I got from God according to the council of His own good will, because since it's "purely personal and spiritual" as you wrote, then it's not part of the fallen perverted concept of 'religion' that I described above. I speak for me here, because I believe in the actual TRUTH without interrupting anyone's ability to choose for themselves in their free will. There's a time when logic, and all the pieces of the puzzle fall together, and it made me realize personally that Christianity, the good news, is just the truth that all these religions and institutions gamble for.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  17. wan94

wan94 New Fapstronaut

Dude, you are in deep confusing.

Every thing exist in world, has creator. Impossible something exist without creator. Do you believe car, building or medicine exist by itself? Humans create it right?

Same to bacteria, humans, animals, tree, river, sea, fish, mountains, sky, stars, milky way. There all has creator. All these creations have PERFECT systems!!

Coincidence? How very PERFECT systems in the earth can exist with coincidence, only idiots give that SIMPLE answer. There has creator creates natural. GOD. It has name depend on religions. Judas, Christian, Islam, Buddha and other religions has it name of GOD.

Think BROTHERS! We take example human itself. How complex and complicate brain system, no one in the world can create perfect computer same as human brain. You came here in NoFAP to seek recovering, wander and amaze how amazing brain changed it behavior. I myself amaze about brain chemical reaction that discovered by scientist nowadays.

That make me strong believes how Al-Mighty and All-Knowing God.

You do not know the purpose right? Seek it. Dont assume think bullshit. We all knows that we know little.

need4realchg likes this.
  18. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Gosh, you're right.

I mean, if there actually was a God, and if he was actually good and loving as those crazy religious people say, then he'd probably have some way of revealing himself to us, you know? Maybe come down to our level so we don't actually have to guess at it all the time. Maybe he'd teach us a higher form of morality than simply whatever we could come up with on our own. Maybe he'd explain how we can know him personally. Maybe he'd explain what happens after earthly death. Maybe he'd talk about a spiritual world that transcends the physical world.

Nah, that would never happen, amiright?

Castielle, vxlccm and need4realchg like this.
  19. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

That doesn't give life a shred of value. Mortality isn't what creates value. Mankind is created in the image of God, and we are given intrinsic value because of that. If we were nothing but a collection of carbon, water, and other elements, then we would be no more or less valuable than plants, animals, or insects. Killing a person for food would be no more horrific than killing a chicken for food.

You're certainly free to insist that there's no god. Just don't be surprised if you don't like how people act when they agree with you.

Castielle and vxlccm like this.
  20. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

We talked about this before but how does that automatically give value and isn't value subjectively created? How can intrinsic value even exist if value is projected onto things rather than being intrinsic to something?

Maybe but why couldn't we still value each other? Why is it so important if value is predicated upon being made in some person's image?