1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

3 tips for New members (Welcome to Nofap)

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Fightyourlowerself, Jul 5, 2019.

I will overcome my addiction and be the best I can be?

1. Yes!

2. Absolutely!

3. By god, I will not surrender until I succeed!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Fightyourlowerself

Fightyourlowerself Fapstronaut

Hi all,

Welcome to the Nofap community, well done for taking the first step.

Here’s 3 tips to help get you started:

1) Quick links and a great thread for newbies

Quick Links

Getting Started Guide | How to Use the NoFap Forums | Panic Button |Day Counter | Rebooting Resources |Forum Rules | Glossary

A good Thread for newbies with all sorts of basics:

https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/in-case-you-didnt-know.84619/

It’s really important you understand one thing from this post – check the method of masturbation you use!!!

If you masturbate on your stomach (this is known as prone masturbation) then this is really dangerous and will have to stop immediately. More details in that post with some links to websites about it.

2) Understand the connection between food and urges

There is a strong correlation between overeating (or eating certain foods like meat / junk food like cakes, chocolate etc) and the increase in sexual urges

If you are struggling, I would think about what you have just eaten or try fasting and see how it affects you.

Book recommendation: If you are interested in understanding this connection a better read the book by the early philosopher Abu Hamid Al Ghazali called “Breaking the two desires”.

3) Try and stop the thought before it is too late

I found it is easier to resist the urges if you try to not indulge the initial thought for too long – if you can stop the thoughts within a few seconds it really helps, especially if you’re like me - with a strong imagination.

Best of luck in your journey.

P.S. Have a good look around, there are lots of stories and people you can benefit from. There’s very unlikely to be a case that hasn’t ben experienced before so don’t despair, you are not alone!