1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

3 weeks staying in home (Corona)

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Kyrtap, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Kyrtap

Kyrtap Fapstronaut

Short introduction
    I'm 21 years old and I have never been in a relationship. The reason is I'm introverted and have social anxiety. Every time when I want to start a conversation with someone I have same fear, stress, blankness in mind as when I stand on ledge really high having acrophobia(fear of heights).

My goal
    My brother is going to marry in half a year and I want to find a plus one. I have no woman friend to even ask. I decided to start meeting new people or even start dating but the problem is whenever I start thinking of meeting someone new my anxiety kicks in.

Free time
    My university got closed, because of coronavirus. They told us to stay at home as much as possible. Right now I have a lot of free time that I don't want to waste. It could easily triggers some urges, so I have to fill somehow my day.

Right now I'm looking for a way to reduce my anxiety and to improve my social skills without doing social activities. It's sound impossible because every information that I could find says that I should start talking to strangers, find a group with similar passion or other social interactions. How can I do this if I need to stay at home to not spread the virus.

2. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

I've been thinking about this a lot. Increased isolation + time on one's hands alone + higher anxiety minus actual personal contact with real women = a deadly formula for relapse. We need to be holding each other up through prayer or good thoughts or whatever form of spiritual support you practice because there are hard weeks (no pun intended) ahead for many of us.