1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

3 years older

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by heretic124, Sep 30, 2021.

1. heretic124

heretic124 New Fapstronaut

It's 1:30 in the morning and I'm listening to Steven Wilson, depressing me even more.
    It's actually 3 years since my last attempt on relationship, didn't even realize that until I started listening. Damn. Haven't listened to Wilson for a long time. I actually discovered him during that summer. Songs really hit now. But at the same time it's like an outlet for my emotions too.

I'm over her but I do wish to have someone near me. This album was inspired by a real story of British woman who died alone and nobody noticed for a month. Not her kids, not her friends, not even her co-workers. I really don't wanna end up like that. I guess my parents would notice since mom calls every week or two but that's about it. Got basically one close friend and even he lives in another city so we usually send memes to each other and only sometimes discuss stuff. We see each other once every 3 months. And that's it. Co-workers from my previous job didn't hang out with me or even each other.

Decided to come back here after like a year and try NoFap again. I'm starting a new job from November, it's a good time to bundle it with other changes too. I'm kinda loosing hope that I can change, though.

magopt likes this.
  2. MarioCorrelos

MarioCorrelos Fapstronaut

Stay strong my friend, you can do this. Before you know it things will get better.

3. HitB

HitB Fapstronaut

That's funny. Our lives are eerily similar. I literally reset my password to get back on NoFap just a few minutes ago. It's been about 4 years since I've been on NoFap. And probably 6 since my last relationship (yikes, time flies). I've been listening to sad songs as well, which probably isn't healthy. But whatevs. Catharsis is a thing. I've got two-ish, maybe three-ish people outside of my family that I call "friends." Though that may be a bit of a stretch considering I don't hang out a ton with them due to the fact that they live about 2.5 hours away. But I'm recently unemployed, which has caused a lot of old feelings to return. Feelings I thought I'd left behind. Life's gotten a little weird and psychosis sometimes feels like it's setting in. But hey, don't give up, man. Focus on the wins in your life and the improvements you intend to make. Hopefully it all turns out okay. That's what I'm telling myself anyway :emoji_sweat_smile: