Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 2525, Oct 2, 2017.
Day 7 done
18 / 30
Day 22 check in
Welcome @monkish to the NoFap community
Had some sex thoughts, fantasies in the morning but hell no I am not going anywhere! Still on the course, laser focused!
Nice man! It definetely ain't a magic pill, but it is a skill you can learn. Because it's about mastering your mind and not letting yourself being pushed around by (unwanted) thoughts. I'm getting better at the practice every day and gain more and more self-discipline with it. It might sound like hippy shit, but its really helpful once you get better at it. You regain control
Starting at Day 0 today.
Hey guys made it to day 6, I'm feeling tired and not having much energy to be productive. Wanting to nap alot. Any suggestions on what to do from here?
This is what happens to me, i start strutting around and thinking i'm good, but i go back for whatever reason. I've made it past 18 days before, but thats the longest. The 30 day streak I want to be the one where I do it.
I am on day 2.
Surprised at how I find the posts on here pretty inspiring.
Relapsed two days in a row - yesterday and today so back to 0 and will attempt to get at least most of October to be relapse free
very close to half of this challenge
Day 23 check-in
Slay those addiction pathways with your laser focus! Pew pew pew!
I've experienced a lot of that in the last few months. Have only recently made some progress in getting out of it. Here are my suggestions:
- I reckon a big part of NoFap is replacing pornography with things that are meaningful to you. That's one road you could start with - asking yourself what is meaningful to you that you could pursue more.
- Cold showers. Once you get the hang of it, you'll feel pretty fresh after them, and might be able to knock out something productive! I started with 30 seconds at the end of a normal shower, then worked up to 3 mins. Other (braver?) people just hit the cold water immediately.
- write down a list of things that you enjoy doing, or even better, which leave you feeling good afterwards. Could be anything, like sport, bushwalking, reading, hanging out with friends, painting, gardening, working out, whatever. Then start making time for those things. I mean actually scheduing in those things, and doing them regardless of how you feel.
- ensure you've got the supportive relationships in your life that you need.
- basic stuff like looking at three big areas: physical health, mental health and emotional health. Are you getting the exercise you need? Have you tried meditation for a few weeks to see if it helps? Are you connecting with people/community? (see previous item)
I hope this gives you some ideas.
Hi @charlie81. Rather than having it in your signature, if you'd like the link to your journal to appear beneath your username:
Copy the link to your journal, go into your personal details, and go to "Journal Thread Link". Paste the link there.
It is of course totally up to you, but NoFap only allows a limited number of links in your signature (I think it's 2?), so in the future it might be handy (and neater) to have it appear in the sidebar.
It's always good to see someone back here posting after relapsing. I've had a couple of relapse periods since joining in June and I've learned from each one, and have come to see that this is part of the process. One thing I've learned is that it's not just about willpower but slowly dealing with all of the other things in my life that made PMO a big part of it.
The period after a relapse can be challenging but you can get through it and you'll be stronger for it. Wishing you the best as you continue on this journey.
Day 15 done
Day 2 done!
To be fair I have very little moments to mess up right now. My house is full of family.
Hell yeah, the snowball is rolling.
I also decided to go absolute hardmode with no edging or even checking insta ladies.
If I fail and engage in edging or I get way too interested in clicking bikini pics I consider that as failure in this challenge.
19 / 30