1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[30-CHALLENGE] THE THIRTY DAYS CHALLENGE !

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 2525, Oct 2, 2017.

Do you want to participate?

1. Yes

2. No, probably later

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. bettermeeveryday

bettermeeveryday Fapstronaut

2. wendybabes379

wendybabes379 Fapstronaut

11 days now. Felt lots of urges last night but managed to resist!

newtry and bettermeeveryday like this.
  3. blaze234

blaze234 Fapstronaut

I would like to participate as well.

4. bettermeeveryday

5. Chubby

Chubby Fapstronaut

6. ARCEUS

ARCEUS Fapstronaut

Starting day 1, today I broke my 21 days streak but it was due to my fault because I neglected the thought that I knew the task I would do could lead to trigger but I ignored it. But now hardcore mode 30 days, starting today!!!!

7. blaze234

blaze234 Fapstronaut

8. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

9. Dead Soul

Dead Soul Fapstronaut

Days 2/30
    Back on the track again

10. wendybabes379

wendybabes379 Fapstronaut

11. Chubby

Chubby Fapstronaut

12. ARCEUS

ARCEUS Fapstronaut

1 day completed

newtry, mml2 and bettermeeveryday like this.
  13. bettermeeveryday

Day 23 completed! Yesterday, the urges were so strong and persuasive, it was a long and hard battle. In general, I wouldn't be able to recognize thoughts like "just some memes" or "maybe a youtube video" as harmful. But since my last relapse I have become familiar with the pattern. In analogy, standing at a river bank (in my lows) I naturally feel the urge to dip my feet in the water. Once I do, that sweet pleasure asks me to take a step further, maybe to knee level, and enjoy the pleasant current. But it doesn't stop there, maybe I can dip myself to waist level? Whats the harm anyway? I am having a great time! Yes, but the currents are too strong now, for me to handle. A small perturbation will throw me off my feet and drown me. This is what happened during my last relapse.

So yesterday when I was at the river bank, and I felt the urge to nearly drown myself, I decided to look at the trees around me, hear the bird songs, feel the sand, etc -- there was beauty there too. Although it takes much effort to do one (low dopamine) thing when you have a killer urge to do another (high dopamine), I pushed throughout the day. In the end of the day, I walked back home without having dipped even a toe. I feel a sense of pride, strength, and happiness as I defeated the urges. I know there will be more days that will test me, but I will remember the lessons and will fight them hard. Best wishes to everyone on their journey!!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
  14. mml2

mml2 Fapstronaut

0/30
    Broke a 10 days streak yesterday, I would say b/c I couldn't go to the gym & do my other routines b/c I was sick. And boredom was a reason for my relapse. I will definitely work on an alternative plan when I am unable to practice my routines (high dopamine activities mainly)

15. mml2

mml2 Fapstronaut

You will make it this time!

16. blaze234

blaze234 Fapstronaut

17. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

18. Chubby

Chubby Fapstronaut