1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

30 Day Clean

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by jw2021, Oct 29, 2021.

1. jw2021

jw2021 Fapstronaut

I've reached the 30 day mark. It has been years since I have been 30 days clean. I want to share a few things that I hope will help others.

My Story

I was exposed to P as a child at about 11. It was readily available in the home I grew up in and its use was barely discouraged. By 15, I had already started my own collection of books and began my PMO habit. Then by 19, I had a computer and internet so it got worse from there.

Because P was not discouraged, it really didn't occur to me until by 30's that it was a problem in my life although I knew it was not right deep down inside and because God convicted me of it.

My Desire to Quit

In my early 30's I realized I needed to quit and after trying, I then realized I was addicted. I did manage to quit for 15 months but there was really no recovery. I spent all my energy just fighting PM. I would think about it all the time, I would notice women in public, and it was a big internal battle. I made a innocent internet search one day and run across nudity. I clicked off but didn't get the image off my mind. I ended up relapsing a few days later and spent the next several years in the worst PMO habit of my life.

My Firm Decision to Quit

Fast forward to 31 days ago, I had one of the worst days of my life. I was on a hours long PMO binge. I felt so horrible. I was physically and mentally exhausted. I took a good look at my life as realized where I was. I was sacrificing my goals and my life for something I was watching on a computer screen.

The business I own had seen sales decline 70% over year over year, I was going no where is my derivatives trading, and I was not on track for any of my goals. I had spent 25+ years of my life with a PMO addiction.

I made a firm decision to quit that night to quit. I woke my wife up just after midnight and told her I was quitting. I told her I was going to join this forum. She has been very supportive of me.

Here is What Really Helped Me

I sit down and wrote out on paper exactly what I want out of life and how I want to live. I have focused on those things. When I failed years back, most of what I thought about was P. I don't think about that now except for a brief moment and then I get my mind back on my goals.

In the beginning weeks when things were tough, I spent a lot of time on here reading and interacting with others. The more I read here, the less I wanted P.

I also made frequent use of the "Panic Button". Each time, I was met with good information to keep me on track.

Twice in my journey, I have run into nudity online. This time was completely different then when I wanted to quit years back. With the goals I have for my life, PM has no place. I was able to objectively see what was on the screen and move on. In summary, it took me knowing what I wanted out of life and making a firm decision to move in that direction and leave PM behind.

The Benefits

After 30 days, I have more energy than I knew was possible to have at my age. It is only now that I realize the physical toll PM was taking on me. Our business is bouncing back. My marriage and our relationship together has never been better. I am confidently moving towards my goals. Btw, my wife has always had a dream of having a beach home. We are working on that now.

I thank all who took time to read this and I hope it helped you in some way. I look forward to the day I can look down and see 500+ on my posts. My intention is to be a lifetime member of this community. I am thankful for the freedom I have and want to help others have that freedom too.

I thank God and all the members of this community! For the first time in my adult life I am free of this!

2. ImASinnerWhoJesusSaved

ImASinnerWhoJesusSaved Fapstronaut

3. Well done man,keep going
    It is never too late to stop your pmo addiction or pm
    I am 17 i had a lot of long streaks in 1.5 years and longest one was 130 days monk mode
    If you want to do a streak 90 days equal to 180 days you must break all your addiction if you have a mobile addiction break it if you have game addiction break it
    Also doing exercise 3 times a week is good and if you can mediate for 10 minutes daily and do cold showers your streak will be x2 and you will be much better than just not using PMO

vxlccm, KaiokenX20 and jw2021 like this.
  4. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Good job!

That writing thing sounds like a really cool idea.

And, hey, running into stuff online is always a risk. It's great to hear you're developing the stamina to handle it and move on. Keep on building that discipline. Keep an eye out for when you're mentally not all the way on par and engage some extra strategy in those times to help ensure continuing success. For me, sometimes being away from screens for a temporary stretch is the only real answer.

p.s., re: your avatar, I've always have loved that painting

jw2021 likes this.
  5. again

again Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Excellent post and congratulations of 30 days. For me 30 days was a real achievement and encouragement. The beach house dream should keep you too busy to mess with PMO and then there's the dream of the beach house you built for your wife and her in there waiting for you. Lots to live clean for!

vxlccm and jw2021 like this.
  6. Good on you! Here’s to 30 more!

jw2021 likes this.