30 Day Healthy Food Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Philosophical_Dad, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Philosophical_Dad

Philosophical_Dad Fapstronaut

2. Philosophical_Dad

3. Philosophical_Dad

4. Philosophical_Dad

5. Philosophical_Dad

6. Philosophical_Dad

7. Philosophical_Dad

8. Philosophical_Dad

9. Sebbrix

Sebbrix Fapstronaut

Looks like you're pretty lonely out here @Philosophical_Dad , I'm going to join you! I've generally been eating really well for a few months but I get cravings pretty often and, given the lockdown I'm in atm, I'll only be able to put them off for so long. My rules are as follows;
    • Only vegan food, plus eggs, with exceptions made below
    • No processed food, except e.g. pre-made sriracha or guacamole
    • Minimum 5 portions of fruit/veg per day
    • On days with a run or hard workout; high protein intake at a calorie surplus OR calorie balance if I start gaining unwanted weight
    • On days without a run or hard workout; be at a calorie deficit or equal calorie intake/output
    • No buying simple carbs (I'll let myself use the stuff I already have in the cupboard, don't want food to go to waste)
    • Appropriate variety in meals
    • No added sugars
    • Cheat meals only when eating with friends or going on a date (obviously it's important to eat healthily, but at present it's more important than ever to enjoy company when I can

Exceptions to the vegan rule;
    • After a marathon, I may eat absolutely anything irrespective of whether or not it aids my recovery;
    • If I believe something to be vegan, but it later transpires that it isn't, this does not break my rules;
    • Technically I follow a vegetarian diet, so if I find a veggie food that isn't vegan that would be beneficial to my overall health then I may apply the same rules as eggs.
    I'll aim for 30 days, might not check in every day but at least once a week, sitting easy at 0/30, should hit the target at the end of Feb

Philosophical_Dad likes this.
  10. Philosophical_Dad

Yes, it's great to have someone else in this thread with me! I haven't fully succeeded too often lately. But, still, I've been trying most days and this has improved my diet quite a bit, I'd say, particularly by increasing the amount of vegetables I've eaten and decreasing the amount of chips.

Those are great goals. They sound super tough to me. I might have been able to pull them off before having a kid but even then, I don't know. Definitely sounds incredibly healthy. Good luck!

11. Philosophical_Dad

12. Sebbrix

Sebbrix Fapstronaut

Thanks! I'm lucky to be a totally free agent, no kids, no partner, just me, so I don't have the extra stress and I don't have to worry about what anyone else is eating! It would be hard if it wasn't already an ingrained habit, I love the food I eat and most other foods just make me feel rotten - I had a chocolate bar a few weeks ago and it just made me feel like junk... But also gave me cravings for a few weeks!

Today was (I think) day 6/30

Philosophical_Dad likes this.
  13. Philosophical_Dad

14. Philosophical_Dad

15. Philosophical_Dad

16. Philosophical_Dad

17. Philosophical_Dad