1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

30 days done

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by KS1994, Jun 13, 2016.

1. KS1994

KS1994 Fapstronaut

Hi everyone,

I managed to achieve the 30 day PMO mark. Then relapsed 5 min after I woke up, because I'm a freaking idiot.

I did some "dry" wanking and suddenly couldn't hold it in. But the ejaculation was different that morning than what it would have been 30 days ago. It felt like a sudden release of tension built up in the lower body, rather than a habitual chore just to get a dopamine release.

Since abstaining from PMO I never realized the effect it originally had; on my sleep habits, fitness, memory, cognitive function, mood and personality. I don't have trouble sleeping anymore and I manage to get regular REM sleep for the first time since puberty, I wake up refreshed and alert.

If you've ever seen Bradley Cooper in Limitless, that will give you an idea of how much my overall intelligence has improved. I was always intelligent as a child but after I hit puberty, my intelligence became dulled (coincidence?) and my grades fell. I was then referred to as the weird kid instead of the smart-weird kid.

I feel like I'm regressing back to my original personality too.

I would recommend 30 days hard mode to anyone. You will be glad you did it!
    Don't get me wrong, it will be one of the hardest things you ever do. You will be tested on your strength and willpower like never before.

But if you are not content with your lot in life, what do you have to lose other than a half-lifetime of perverted, vile and disgusting habits!?

2. maske

maske Fapstronaut

Awesome man! Good for you (minus the relapse part, though) haha. I'm almost reaching day 30 (not on hardmode), but it has definitely been a time of improvement. I'm thinking of trying to make it 90 days, which I'm pretty sure will be hard as hell, but the benefits seem too good not to try it.

What about you? Are you trying it again?

Cheers, man

3. 500man

500man Fapstronaut

Well done, and it's so true what you write about the benefits. Keep going, don't let the one relapse turn into a binge, that's the really important bit, more than just building up long streaks imo, because if you can get going again immediately that's real change rather than just a one-off challenge.

4. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

I have trouble sleeping I'm hoping it's because of PMO, I'd sleep for 12 hours and still be some what tired but I think that's lessening for me, day 11 here :)

WarriorScarr likes this.
  5. Kenzo89

Kenzo89 Guest

I watched limitless last night and it reminded me of how I felt when I was on a good streak. I want to reach 30 days for once in my life. I always tend to relapse on day 7-9 for some reason.

KS1994 likes this.
  6. WarriorScarr

WarriorScarr Fapstronaut

Great work on getting to day 30! It's a awesome feeling. Even though you relapsed try and get there again! Keep going!

7. KS1994

KS1994 Fapstronaut

@Kman20 NoFap definitely helped me in that regard. MO at night will disrupt your brain's normal functioning and can keep you alert and awake for hours.

@Kenzo89 Keep going! Believe me it's worth it. If you keep relapsing at the 7 day mark you should try to find an effective outlet or consider weaning yourself off PMO slowly in order to build up your resistance.

@maske I'm not worrying about counting days anymore. I've proven what I had wanted to prove. I just want to keep abstaining for as long as my willpower holds out and try to shake my other bad habits in the process.

Kenzo89 and Kman20 like this.
  8. yeprussell

yeprussell Fapstronaut

Haha, I am in the exact same boat. After a week long challenge that I complete, relapse. After a 2 week long challenge, relapse. Now I am going for 30 days. Here's to you! Great job man! Keep it up!