1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

30 Days NoGluten/Sugar Challenge

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by StoicContemplation, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Day 1, fasted succesfully as well, feels good.

Mangold likes this.
  2. Day 3. Fasted successfully 48 hours and broke it yesterday night. Did not start another 48-hour fast as I said I would though, but I did eat very well. The fast did me a lot of good, really glad I did that, both physically and mentally.

Mangold likes this.
  3. Day 4, very clean.

Mangold likes this.
  4. Mangold

Mangold Fapstronaut

Awesome @MindfulWarrior! You're my hero - seriously.
    So where do I stand? On New Year's Eve I was partying as I do once in 5 years. So everything is a little messed up, for example my focus. But let's look on the bright side. I have practically no fresh foods at home, so I make a new start. Today I was given a present consisting of some cheap chocolate bars and I had one of them today. So I will give it all away and to avoid self-pity I'll allow myself to eat one more of them together with coffee tomorrow morning. After that I want to apply to this diet:

- dry foods that I have at home
    - buying: only fresh fruits and vegetables
    - drinking: water, tea, coffee without milk

I have an important work to do. When I've finished it I can do a short fast. Then I'll need to expand my diet a little bit again.

MindfulWarrior likes this.
  5. Mangold

Mangold Fapstronaut

Day 0
    As planned, I started my day with coffee and those sweets and since my challenge has begun. I have a lot to do and I need some food for sure but what makes it easy I won't buy groceries but simply eat foods that I have at home. I've got a few apples left, garlic and ginger. Tomorrow I should buy some fresh fruits and vegetables (only!).

6. Mangold

Mangold Fapstronaut

hmm.. I wonder how fasting combined with (obligatory) night shifts works. Well there shouldn't be a general reason not to but probably it gets tougher.
    But why not using this opportunity as a little self-experiment?
    Plan: 48 fast from Wednesday 10.1. to Friday 12.1.

7. UlyssesResists

UlyssesResists Fapstronaut

I've been doing (no sugar, no grains) NSNG for the last 5-6 months. See vinnietortorich.com. I feel a lot better, have better workouts, and when I follow it well I sleep better. I haven't lost a lot of weight, but I think I've gained a lot of muscle. Vinnie actually started this when he had cancer and it actually reversed it. He's got some good podcast, but his 10 minute how to on youtube are the best way to start. The only thing is you're cholesterol will probably go up, but you can't get freaked out about it. Look up the right way test cholesterol for small LDL particles for an explanation.

WWJD78 likes this.
  8. Day 6, feeling good. A little hungry though, I think I haven't been eating enough, I'm also underslept.

9. UlyssesResists

One thing I was always missing in the past with Paleo or low carbs, was I wasn't getting enough fat to compensate for the lack of carbs. I eventually gave up and would go on a carb binge. The best fats to eat are coconut oil, Alvocado oil, and animal fats, stay away from seed oils. When you do this it helps with the cravings, but that is what raises your cholesterol, but it won't be the dangerous kind of cholesterol.

10. StoicContemplation

StoicContemplation Fapstronaut

It’s been ages since I posted here…

Cool to see that there has been some uptick in activity in this thread.

Mangold, regarding your query, I’ve evolved to a diet where I eat mainly

- meat
    - organs
    - fruit
    - dairy/eggs

I’ve evolved away from pure keto by eating fruit [and sometimes even maple syrup] and I don’t really see the problem.

I can’t make an exhaustive post because I’m writing this from my phone. I would say that 2023 was pretty OK. I ate mainly red meat and fruit, and I feel that I thrive on this diet. But yeah, I also had some binges on sugar and gluten-filled carbs.

I actually had one also today. I experienced extreme cravings after work and I couldn’t resist buting potato chips in the supermarket… I feel bloated and need to get back on track. I need a « gesture » of committment by posting here.

11. Good to see you've been doing decent @StoicContemplation

I went 11 days before I lapsed... Back on it for the last three days though with a "no exception" mindset.

12. Bastet

Bastet Fapstronaut

So how it is going on now? I want to start a detox like that too. Even found an article with 21 day detox menu but I am not sure whether I can do it. My close fridn was on similar and she said that she lost at least 4 kgs. May be I shoud try

Last edited: Jan 29, 2024
  13. UlyssesResists

I'm doing about the same diet, but less fruits and more veggies (no potato, cord, beans, or peas though). When I get off, I really feel gross and gassy. I'm losing weight, but I have to cut my calorie at night.