1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

32 year old virgin needs help

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by WhoCares101, Feb 7, 2018.

1. WhoCares101

WhoCares101 Fapstronaut

Hello. So I am a 32 year old virgin (in every sense of the word, not even a kiss) who is having a hard time understanding how to be confidant around women. There is a LOT I don't understand about meeting women and the half dozen or so books on the subject I have been reading have not been helping because I simply lack the experiences to understand something as simple as "going to a bar." I have never been to a bar and don't know what to do when there (walking in, ordering a drink, sitting, talking, all confusing to understand). It seems like my lack of experiences is weighing me down which sucks because I lost a lot of weight last year and started nofap to meet women but I cannot seem to understand how to do so. Any advice or personal experiences would be awesome.

2. I would stay away from bars if I were you. You're more likely to get rejected at a bar and that could really damage your self-esteem. I mean, everybody gets rejected, but when you're inexperienced it makes it so much harder. I'd recommend making an online dating profile and try meeting some girls on there. You said you've lost some weight, so I'm guessing you're exercising. Maybe lift some weights and get in really good shape. That will definitely boost your confidence. You'll gain a lot of confidence after you've lost your V-card, so I'd wait until then to go to a bar. I mean, you could go to a bar and meet a girl as soon as you get there, but I'd advise you wait.

3. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

Online dating can be tough for people with low self esteem and confidence. Heck it can be tough for people with high self esteem and confidence! It involves a ton of rejection, dishonest and heart break. I do not recommend it for you. What I do recommend is getting out and about in your community first, to get yourself more comfortable just being around women. Make some friends with women and that will allow you to see we are just like you, not scary at all, and you can move forward from there. Do you support a particular cause? Almost double the amount of women volunteer than men. Volunteer for a cause. Try speed dating. Look for a meet up group, join a kickball team,if you are religous attend church events. All of these will help you build up that confidence. But get out there and do it, rather than sitting at home and worrying.

CowardlyLion and Signeddown6 like this.
  4. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

Don't do nofap to meet women do it to enhance yourself and your life. Also try new things and different hobbies that give you fufillment other than women. If you pick up new skills you will be more confident in yourself and a more well rounded person.As for meeting women I'm still struggling with that but I'm learning that the bar isn't the most conducive place to meet women in hopes for a serious long term relationship but you can practice speaking to them there. I'm learning through trial and error but I'm not to devastated when things don't go my way because I understand this is a learning process. I find contentment and peace in improving myself and the relationships I do have right now

Signeddown6 and Jen@8675309 like this.
  5. Well I have learned a thing or too in the dating world and have made a fool of myself and wasted my time and thoughts on women who were not that interested but here is a few things I learned
    1. approaching women to ask them out shows enough confidence just go up and ask don't over think it with something over the top
    2. If she is interested she will agree to go out with you if not she will give dumb excuses like "I don't know you that well" which means she does not want to know you
    3. keep it simple remember is she likes you she could are less about your job, height, weight ,social skills, car , were you live
    4. if you do get her number don't call her much before a date or at all - this was a huge mistake I used to make if she calls you before the date tell her you want to talk here about what she wants to talk about when you meet face to face at a the time and place you set up
    5. if she calls last minute before a date with a dumb excuses without offering another time to meet ditch them if they don't call at least 2 hours before the date, if your already at the location on time and they don't arrive with in 15 minutes get up and leave and lose there number with cell phones that's just plain rude not call someone or text them if your running late or have an issue , if she doesn't arrive at all or never calls you know she is not interested remember if she is playing hard to get what you get isn't worth it
    Don't talk about yourself much get her to talk about herself be a bit mysterious NOT AN OPEN BOOK
    7.THE LAST BUT MOST IMPORTANT DONT HANG AROUND OR THINK ABOUT WOMEN THAT DONT LIKE YOU AS YOU ARE

STAY STRONG

6. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

Haha this man is spitting that real talk lol I've learned these things as well

7. It comes with going out on a lot of bad dates and learning . If it helps just one person to avoid some of the junk I put up with when I was younger then I am very happy with it

Hitto likes this.
  8. WhoCares101

WhoCares101 Fapstronaut

Hey thanks. I have tried online dating for years with no results. So yeah, lots of rejection. I would love to be involved in my community more, not just to meet women but because I like helping people. Unfortunately simply understanding social situations is proving more difficult than ever. I never know what to say and feel nervous as all hell around people I don't know (which is always). I also don't have any friends and no family, so I don't have anyone to ask for help in this situation. It is all proving slower than I had hoped for a year ago when I started loosing weight so rapidly, I guess I thought confidence would follow as rapidly.

9. WhoCares101

WhoCares101 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the advice. I have read several books that say mostly the same thing, but it is just simply difficult to understand because I don't have any frame of reference. I spent 30 years morbidly obese hiding from everything and missed just about every "first" that defines someone, lost the weight but did not gain much in its place it seems. Your teens set the foundation for your 20s, your 20s set the foundation for the rest of your life. So basically I have no foundation and as a construction worker I can tell you that nothing stands without a foundation. I get your advise, just lack the way to practically apply it to real life, I am working on it though (with little results) and seem to worry more and more about being a virgin with no foundation.

10. Well I do understand that it may seem hard but the advice I give is based on years of bad dates and wasting time on women not interested in me for me. you have to get out of your head as in regard to overthinking this
    1. first women don't know your a virgin and cannot look at you and tell that , stop thinking that being a virgin is holding you back every one was once to, women cannot read minds
    2. if a women likes you she does not care that you don't have the best social skills eye contact body language have the best stories or realy smooth whatever that means . what I am saying is it doesn't matter your foundation women that like you don't give a shit if your nervous run out of things to say job car living situation women that like you just agree to give there phone numbers meet you without any problems.
    3 I have been there on all this I thought I had to look cool tell stupid stories tried to convice women that didn't like me to go out bascilly lie my ass off to get them to go out with me it rarely worked and then I tried to get them to like me on a date. I found out women that like me as i was I didn't have lie to look cool and confident for they didn't really care and the dates were fun and effortless find women to like you as you are
    Stay Strong

RealMe, Signeddown6 and Hitto like this.

11. have you read the book 'models, attract women through honesty' from mark manson? you can read it for free i think on pdf .its a very honest down to earth aproach.not pick up like. he s got a good website also , google it

RealMe likes this.
  12. the promise

the promise Fapstronaut

Love , oh oh love great subject that everybody speaks their own language you know a movie called: what love is :help me understand a lot what is "love" be youre self be a good listener but just be youre self and know the kind of women you want for youre llife all i can tell you there's a lot of pain lots but is beutiful pain and stop reading books of how woman think as us they evolve learn from the source directly respect them as well luck(carefull the movie has trrigers)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  13. MarinoBigFan1984

MarinoBigFan1984 Fapstronaut

You need to experience the world not books.

14. WhoCares101

WhoCares101 Fapstronaut

Now granted my experience is zero but I would say women can absolutely tell if someone is a virgin, maybe not directions a virgin but they can "smell" when something is off. If a guy walks to fast, talks to fast, lacks eye contact, those all all tells that something is off. It screams a lack of confidence that women don't like. Simply trying to slow down how I talk is proving difficult, I am trying but it's going slow. Then there is a potential first kiss, I don't even know how to do that, huge tell something is off. Can't really practice kissing with thin air. Not saying anything against your personal experiences but I would love to have even a bad history with women, it would be at least somthing better than nothing. Staying strong but all the levels to work is overwhelming at times.

15. WhoCares101

WhoCares101 Fapstronaut

Hey thanks, ordered it. I tend to stay away from the "how to random hookup" type books.

Definitely trying my best. I was never even a book reader until recently, it was all I could figure to help with talking to women. Without any friends or family it seemed like the best option

17. This is a book that motivates you to take action.and how to take action.so just reading it wont do anything thats very easy to see. yes you need to experience the real world that is quite obvious but if u have difficulties doing that just saying you need to experience the world means nothing. A book or a coach or a friend with a good perspective on this things can give u better understanding how things work and can motivate u and provide u an interesting frame from which you can take action. And it is the action that will give you the reference experiences which are the most important.

18. WhoCares101

WhoCares101 Fapstronaut

So intetesting development since i started this thread. I have a meet/date this saturday with a girl who messaged me from an online dating site last friday. She messaged first, she gave me her number and after a day of texting i asked if she wanted to meet and we set up a dinner meet for saturday. I am kind of nervous and could use some advise. Even after we set up the date we texted for a day and i worried i stuck too much to small talk, if only because i kind of wanted to learn about her in person, and i suck at texting. She did admit to being rusty herself so maybe we are both just nervous. Any advise would be awesome, thank you.

TC10 likes this.
  19. TC10

TC10 Fapstronaut

Nice! First of all; don’t overthink this. It’s totally okay that you don’t text her too much, because otherwise you’ll have nothing to talk about in real life. So don’t worry. Enjoy!

20. WhoCares101

WhoCares101 Fapstronaut

Hey thank you a lot. Trying to not overthink it, hard because my brain is always running wild lol.

TC10 likes this.