1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and older accountability, Group 2

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by persona2903, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

How about investigating the sacrum?

Leon_GTO and jw2021 like this.
  2. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

How so?

nonfap and jw2021 like this.
  3. hyperk

hyperk Fapstronaut

I believe that, although you slipped, it's very positive that you're tracking what works and what leads you into slipping. It's important to keep in mind that one must fail in order to understand why he fails.
    As long as you keep learning and improving yourself it really doesn't matter much if you occasionally slip. After all, learning from mistakes is what makes us stronger.

4. hyperk

hyperk Fapstronaut

I'm only a few hours away from reaching my 8th day.

Yesterday I was feeling somewhat down and unmotivated, but I managed to keep my urges under control, in fact I had very little PMO related thoughts! I feel that it turned out to be a great day because I managed to go through with almost no urges, and that's usually not the case if I'm feeling down.

Today I'm leaving for a much needed week long vacation. I'll be away from computers and internet all the time, so basically I'll have 8 successful days "for free". I'm going to use these days to rest, relax, and reflect. And hopefully I'll come back home stronger and more focused on my goals.

Cremuel, persona2903, nonfap and 3 others like this.
  5. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Congratulations on 8th day. Plan what you’re going to do to reconnect with your routines and recovery when you return from trips. We often slip after vacations that are designed to make us do better.

Inspired2chg, nonfap and jw2021 like this.
  6. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

Take a deep dive into the sacral chakra. All the issues I mentioned in a previous post are related to this area.

jw2021 likes this.
  7. nonfap

nonfap Fapstronaut

Checking in.

I was away and with people most of last week. So I didn't have any urges or issues really. Now I'm alone again and there have been some urges and issues related to emotional stress and loneliness.

I haven't been on NoFap for a while but I'm often thinking about the NoFap community here.

I'm still adjusting a little after the trip last week. Trying to get back in normal routines and dealing with all the issues I have to deal with. Finding success in this NoFap journey is really my number 1 priority right now. I do have other things I really need to deal with but I'm very determined to not lose focus on NoFap.

Unfortunately I haven't been going to the gym and I believe this helps a lot. I also haven't been eating as healthy this last week or so. I don't know if this is or will affect my urges. I do believe I ate some food about 2 weeks ago that affected my urges. They seemed to have a certain strength in the urges. I don't feel that now, so I believe those foods did increase my urges.

My urges yesterday and a very little today have been manageable. My urges are really not for P at this point. My urges are for something real or MO. I have not had MO or O since early June 2022.

And really, I'm kind of tired and worn out right now. I have to make it through. I'll rest and try to do all the little things that I know help increase dopamine. I'm working on getting it together.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
  8. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I’ve been in a relapsing, binging cycle the last few days. I have 24 hours clean now, but I still feel numb and tired. What’s most frustrating is that I’m in the NoFap forums tonight and my brain is so foggy that nothing really resonates or has emotional feeling when I read it. I hate days when I show up to something but my mind doesn’t seem to want to go with it.

I improved my filters and have been honest with my wife.

My fortune cookie advised me to simplify my life only to what is essential and enjoy it. It’s definitely what I need to do.

Cremuel, persona2903 and jw2021 like this.
  9. jw2021

jw2021 Fapstronaut

After a reset I have the tiredness, numbness, and brain fog too. For me, it goes away after a few days. These three negative side effects are more things that make me want to leave this addiction and never return. Hang in there and keep moving forward.

persona2903 and ANewFocus like this.
  10. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Thanks brother. I need to remember it will go away.
    Unfortunately, those ill effects are annoyances, but haven’t been sufficient for me to change or avoid acting out.

jw2021 and persona2903 like this.
  11. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Hello friends! I was away for a few days which were very good. But PM is treacherous and we can go from a great moment to the lowest and most twisted moment... so I have to be vigilant and remain humble.
    I hope these are days of victory for all of you. Even when someone has fallen recently, let that fall be transformed into learning.
    In the next few days I will update the ranking and incorporate the new applicants.
    Greetings and encouragement to continue!

Cremuel and jw2021 like this.
  12. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Welcome back friend!
    I add you to the waiting list and in the next few days I will add you as a full member in the ranking of post 1

jw2021 likes this.
  13. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

I remember Bob Gardner saying that all his pmo difficulties went away when he got to the root of the emotional issues that were causing him to act out. He didn’t reveal exactly how he got to the root. Perhaps it’s simply a case of working, not giving up no matter how many times you fall, and being patient?

14. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

Recently I've been listening to some Solfeggio Frequencies on Youtube whilst exercising, cleaning etc. I've found them to be of some help in this daily effort to not fall into THAT habit so I thought I'd share the link with you :

jw2021 likes this.
  15. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

Yes, remain vigilant and be humble ! And let the fall be transformed into learning ! Thanks for the great advice.

persona2903 and jw2021 like this.
  16. Cremuel

Cremuel Fapstronaut

Welcome!!

jw2021 and Inspired2chg like this.
  17. Cremuel

Cremuel Fapstronaut

Hey Everyone! I'm back from my one-month media fast and really glad to see everyone here. Reading through your struggles, thoughts, and milestones was just what I needed, as I started to feel some urges again the last week or two. I've been thinking about you all a lot while I was away, and I should be able to pop in now more regularly. I did manage to reach 55 days while on the media fast, and in fact, the fast made a huge difference since there was so much less stimulation. I'm coming out of this experience with some very strict limitations on my media and internet usage. For more details, here's my journal post, which includes five posts from the four weeks I was away. Stay strong, brothers and sisters, and keep up the good fight!

18. I have read the rules and wish to join the group please.

jw2021 likes this.
  19. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

You did it! You still want to be part of the group?

jw2021 likes this.
  20. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Another PM clean month!
    [​IMG]

jw2021 and ANewFocus like this.